1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

personal traits

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by herf, Feb 17, 2001.

1. herf Guest

what good points and new angles do you think you bring to the baords? exlain why you think so.

[This message has been edited by herf (edited June 17, 2002).]

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well i'm a bass guitarist and i try to bring the music side to life.

My band is called 'IMMUNE' and it is a 3 piece band.

I'm also a romantic in such of love and am willing to offer advice on other people's problems based on my experiences. I'm also trying to learn as much as i can in making a girl i like feel special and loved.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm just an all-round bad-ass, not formally trained in fighting like herf, nor ultra buff like sniper nor good with weapons like vandalore. I can take hits and dish it out, rarely bothering about defense. Also, I am mentally able to totally maim a person without any psychological guilt at all.
    Guess I was pretty idealistic a few days ago, but a bad incident has turned my perspective around. So now, I, Shura, am a fiend in mortal form. No good angles from here.

4. hooligan_inc Guest

I bring the total package, baby! Whoo!

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Ultra buff? Whats that mean?

6. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I wouldn't say I'm that good at weapons. What are nunchaku and throwing daggers good against a katana a wakizashi? If you have a well crafted blade and a little skill, you can cut through most chains in a couple well placed hits. Okay, then you have to face my wonderful daggers.. heh :) I guess there is a slight chance that I could get a small stab off before you lop my head off. :) I think you underestimating yourself Shura.

The only thing "I" think I can offer as far as personality traits is listening and giving advice without bias. When I meet someone, I do not judge someone by their past. When I meet them is when I meet them, their past means little to me. Although, it always intrigues me how people got where they are today, I will not hold anything that they've done in the past against them.
    As far as other issues, any conflict in views whether it be religeous or whatever, I'm open minded and don't take offense to anybodies beliefs. I just like hearing what everybody has to say, especially what kind of concoctions of views from their religeon.

For instance, the closest religeon I could fall under is Baptist. However, I haven't and will never be baptized. I just don't believe in the physical baptism. A lot of my views conflict with the religeon I was brought in. All in all, no one will truely know if they are right or wrong until the end comes. I just say pick a religeon that you believe in and stick with it. In life, my opinion is that it's more important to believe in something, whatever it may be, than nothing. Whether it be a god, a force of nature, or even a friend that you can trust. After all.. there is this quote I heard some time ago, I can't remember where:

An organized religeon is simply a popular cult. A cult is just a religeon that isn't accepted by the popular "religeon".

[This message has been edited by Vandalore (edited February 17, 2001).]

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, if I'm overly talanted in any area, it's cooking. I'm a chef and will be opening a new restaurant Monday. So I have a lot to bring to the table in that area, literally. And here I am on these boards instead of doing work. Well, what can I say. Wingfoot has corrupted me :D

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited February 18, 2001).]

8. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm an arragogant, elitist, elite, l337, punk pimp, sarcastic moron who trys to annoy everyone and be as crude as possible.

ROCK FUCKIN LOBSTER.

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Congrats, Crawl!! Good luck and much success!!

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

I don't have a wakizashi, only a wooden katana that weighs at least 1.5 times heavier than a real one. I use it more like a club than anything, relying on my brute strength to get in a hit. I have no formal training at all. Unarmed, I just go in a wild rush for the other guys throat and crush it while ignoring all semblence of defence. Your nunchaku might be of little use, Vandalore, unless you smash my skull in. But a dagger into my eye and brain would finish me off. I'm more of a barbarian than a fighter, i guess. And sniper, ultra-buff means being able to do all that pull-ups.

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Well, in this thread, we seem to have established that nunchakus are useless. I disagree. If nunchakus were that useless, they wouldn't be illegal to own in New York State. In point of fact, a katana (a real one) is not designed for dueling. They were meant for up to three slashes to a fight...whereas nunchakus can be wielded for more than an hour with speeds reaching past the sound barrier.

Not only that, but the chain connecting the shafts could block katana slashes for ever. The chain gives, as opposed to another katana, so it would be very hard to break the chain.

Finally, katanas and wakizashis are HEAVY! Considering that you have high grade iron, folded about 200,000 times. This makes for a super condensed metal. So more than FIFTEEN pounds of iron had to be used! This may not seem like much, but you try to maintain form while wielding one of those around for an hour.

Nope, Anime cartoons are unrealistic at best. Those wall hangers you find in WW2 stores and U.S. Cavalry magazine are not accurate as far as weight is concerned.

I guess that the skill that I bring to the table is ruining others' fantasies. :D

12. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Shura: that's cool tho man, my roommate has a wooden pratice katana like that. from time to time he swings it around the apartment and I end up sparring with him. occasionally I'll get a block in or two before me "clubs" me to death. but hey, practice up Shura. keep up the clubbin. ;)

Sapiryl: yeah, I can't believe how much is out lawed in new york, probably for the better. do you feel that the weapon restrictions of new york will move more into the states because of these gullable parinoid rose o'donald house wives (hopefully that'll stir up some controversy)?

13. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Pragmatism. That's pretty much what I can contribute.

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Unforetunately, Vandalore, I do see the faults of New York spreading like a mold or disease across the states, destroying and subverting all it encounters.

*blink* Um...sorry.

FYI, Black Belts can register their hands and feet as deadly weapons in New York.

15. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I'm very good at weight training and benchpress quite a lot.

I'm also in a band called "the Fat and Not So Fat Guys" (not kidding).

16. Shura Gems: 25/31

Do you do any running, fategg?
    if your muscles are so developed, cardiovascular activity will do much to improve your physical situation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.