1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Basically, this thread is much like the one created by Aik last time. Anything not in character that needs to be discussed can be done here. Also, any big descriptions, with picture links can be put here, and you can refer, or link, to it in the main thread.

[ September 22, 2004, 22:50: Message edited by: Takara ]

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Awrighty Takara - I'm in, Arvin will just have to harvest my char, he's waiting.
    :borg:

3. Takara

Media:
    I'll be there in a bit. I'm giving some time, to allow others to put characters in play.

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Okay, first Pirate posted. If anybody notices any errors in grammar or terminology, just let me know and I will fix it.

Description of Turk:

Personality and History -
    No known last name, at least not to the general crew. Not much of a talker, says what he needs to say in as few words as possible. Has leadership qualities, though others don't tend to trust him if they haven't known him for any length of time.

Has spent many years at sea, and is skilled in carpentry, cooking, and medicine (sea medicine). Has good combat skills, but mostly relies on the 'Kill them quickly before they can kill me' philosophy.

Appearance and Dress -
    Turk is in his late thirties, early forties. His skin is tanned and weathered from many years at sea. Hair is blond, lightened by the sun. Is well groomed and clean (as clean as a man at sea can be) and is not adverse to good hygiene.

Turk has scar on running from the tip of his left eyebrow, over the lips to a boint just below the chin, as well as a tatoo of a foriegn symbol on the back of his right shoulder.

Turk's clothes are non-substatial. He wears black mostly, in a variety of different forms, but nothing expensive or gaudy. His clothes are neat, trim, and durable.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol
    History and Personality

Corsair from the east, quiet but confident. Proficient with his Scimitar, through years of sea battles. Also, he is surprisingly athletic and acrobatic from climbing ropes and masts all his life. He grew up on board a corsair ship, and knows his way well around a ship. The ship was sunk when Sol was 14 and changed between several ships for three years before joining the crew of the Violet Marauder.

Appearance and Dress

6’3” and lean built. Dark hair and eyes. Quite handsome but not overly so. Wears white baggy, half masts with no shoes, no top, as he finds it easier to grip whilst climbing the ropes and mast. Moves with a cat like grace renowned of warriors.

6. Takara

Media:
    Arvin

History

Was the son of a fairly poor family, and forced to work long hours growing up to help keep the family fed. Soon turned to some minor thievery to supplement his income. Got caught in his early teens, and sentanced to prison time. There he made friends with a pirate, and escaped with him a few years later.

After years on the high seas as a pirate, he finally had his own ship, the Marauder, which he had... taken... from an old rival.

Personality

As a pirate, Arvin was brutal, but fair. He was not evil, but greed motivated. However, he was fiercly loyal to his crew, and was always discussing his plans with the crew, and the details, with the crews representatives. Despite his loyalty, he was a strict disciplinarian, enforcing the rules of piracy with a stern demeanor.

Always on the look out for opportunity, he could be charming at times, and cold blooded when needed. He was the epitome of a pirate, and had gained a respected, and equally despised reputation, for sticking to his own, and dubious, morals

Dress

On ship, he didnt wear anything fancy, just boots, pantaloons, and a jerkin. But when going ashore, he often put on something a bit more flashy, just to keep up appearences. This would include an overcoat of the latest style, and a broad hat.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Okay, first of all, Turk is not dead. He is just wounded, but he is hardy and will be ready to move by morning. And he is a valuable addition to the crew so no leaving him behind.

BTW, the ship is in the process of being hijacked or looted, if you didn't pick that up by Turk's words.

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31

History

The child of an unknown pirate and a local lady of loose virtues, Jean has grown up in Freetown, first as a street urchin, learning the arts of pickpocketing and burglary, later as a mugger/pickpocket, all the while honing his skills in throwing objects... Given his first throwing knife by a benevolent pirate whom he helped when *he* got ambushed by a rival street thug whom Jean particularly disliked, he has used his skill with this weapon, and more of the same kind, to survive and thrive into a more or less standard citizen of Freetown.
    For health reasons, he's looking for a change of scenery at the time the story starts.

Personality
    Growing up on the streets of Freetown, Jean has seen more then the average share of acts of depravity for a 25 year old, and is as cold and ruthless as any.
    Surprisingly enough, he is not bitter or cruel, and can in be quite the charmer.
    Ultimately, though, he looks out for only one person, himself.
    He will kill without blinking, and is unlikely to meddle in others misbehaving if not disadvantaged by them personally.
    Still, if given power, he will value it too much to abuse it.
    Is slightly obsessed over his knives, and doesn't care much for pistols are larger swords.

Looks
    Growing up in filth, he has learned to appreciate cleanness when his means grew.
    He keeps his long black hair in a long tail reaching halfway down his back, stands a modest 6', and is lean and lightly muscled, with excellent dexterity.
    He generally wears standardish, loose clothing, although all of it dyed night black.

9. The Kilted Crusader

If anyone wants to join in, now would be a good time, I know that myself and Tak want to get really stuck into the battle

@Lai: If you get this, it would be great for your surgeon like character to come in, during or (if you want to slay some sea dogs), after. :roll:

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa

History

Alexa doesn't know much about her past, only that her father was a man of medicine and that her mother died in childbirth. Growing up, she had an unusual fascination for both medicine and explosions. She became a competent medic, learning from various doctors in Freetown.

She also began experimenting with different combinations of chemicals and gunpowder to create powerful explosives.

Personality

Alexa is very solitary, mainly because few are able to understand her fascination with both healing and destruction.
    She is unwilling to be involved in one-on-one battles, however, she is skilled in the use of daggers and pistols.

Appearance and Dress

Alexa has long, red hair, that reaches to her mid-back, however she always has it braided, to keep it out of the way of any possible fires. She is 5'8", with a slender build, and hazel eyes.

She wears slightly singed pants and loose tops, due to the many explosions she causes while experimenting. She doesn't care about how her clothes look, but she does care about cleanliness.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Anyone who wants to come play on the Dark Side, PM me or catch me in the FAI!

12. The Kilted Crusader

Gotta stop blowing s*it up...

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31

Hmmm what is a bosun or whachamacallit?
    School is suck.
    RP is good.
    What is RP in school then :confused:

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

A bosun, or boatswain, in general terms, is the person who is in charge of the boats, sails, rigging, colors, anchors, cables, cordage, etc., of the ship, and who also summons the crew, and performs other duties.

Actually used this as my vocab word. Thanks Takara. :D

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @ BBR: If I told you, I am sure this post would be severely edited... be a smaart boy and deduce it yourself :p

As for Reeves' visuals, just in case someone is interested, think of him as the love child of Johnny Depp and Antonio Banderas. With a flamboyant fashions sense and long hair :p

16. Takara

Media:
  17. Hugo Gems: 15/31

@Takara, Jag, ty. And yeah, I'll leave the smileys out... just a bit of Hugoic thoughtlessness
    @Ara... that was *not* where I would have lead myself to think. Congratulations, you've managed more perverted thoughts then a teenage boy with unlimited net access :p

(I assume you only mean the IC thread... otherwise: WTF!?)

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

You know, anyone feel free to jump in besides Takara and myself. Sheesh. :D

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    The Dark Side will return when I've cleared my mind of some other thigns that are cluttering it up. ;)

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Am ressurrecting this one.

We soon will need this....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.