1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates Return OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by The Kilted Crusader, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    'Tis a shame I have to say this in the midst of an RP, but to be politically correct...

If anyone is offended by the terminology I used i my post, fell free to say so and I'll edit. I'm not trying to be offensive, merely atmospherically correct.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I want to play too. :D

Bison

History

Though he is called Bison, nobody knows his real name. Born in Africa, he was captured and sold as a slave at the age of 18. On course to America, his ship was attacked by the pirate ship Red Fang, and he was taken on as a member of the crew due to his muscular build. He was apprenticed to the ships carpenter, and has spent the last seven years at sea, and in various ports. About a month ago, Bison’s ship was damaged beyond repair, and the captain, first mate, and quartermaster all killed in a botched attempt on a merchant ship. Bison and the remaining crew decided to split the bounty they had on board and go their separate ways, scuttling the ship. Bison made his way to Freetown and has been living there ever since. His funds from his previous ship have been running low, however, and he has been looking for a good ship to join on for a while.

Appearance

A black man, Bison’s height exceeds that of most normal people, standing at an imposing 6’11”. He is well toned, and has bested all those who have challenged him to any form of un-armed combat. He is completely bald with no facial hair, and has several medium sized hoops of different designs in either ear.

Bison wears a simple bair of white (dirty) leggins, and a brown, unbuttoned vest, with no shoes. His leggings are held up with a strong sash, which has a pouch for his money, and opposite a spot for a dagger. He also has a leather shoulder strap designed to hold a large weapon on his back.

He has a large spear that is strapped to his back and can be thrown at an opponent from a large distance with unnerving accuracy. The spear can also be used in melee fights, allowing Bison to hold his own with all but the most skilled swordsman. He also has a large curved dagger (which to most people would be the sized of a small sword) with an ivory hilt, which Bison has exceptional skill in carving with.

Personality

Bison, though living among English speakers for several years and learning the language, rarely ever speaks more then a few words. When he does say something more, it is usually recommended that those around him listen to him. Ever stoic, he is fiercely loyal, and willing to die for someone who has earned his loyalty.

While he is an all-around skilled sailor, Bison has been trained as a carpenter and is extremely skilled, being able to repair and create faster and better then most men in his field.

Though having not yet taken a wife, Bison is protective of all women, and will instinctively defend all those he feels are threatened.

[ August 03, 2005, 21:42: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

My oh my. Why do I get the feeling that things are going to be getting very interesting?

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    And we're not even out of the port yet! :D

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

I lay 5 to 1 odds that Duece gets knocked out for offering to help Alexa with her bags. :D

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Yay, DM's in!

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Meh, guess I'll join up.

Appearance and Stuff: Alistair is a rather tall man, muscular too, with brown hair and an occasionally shaggy beard. He is of mixed European heritage, and his face has a series of small scars to suggest that he's familiar with danger.

Alistair has a reputation as a bounty hunter, marksman, and mercenary, and he's rather willing to hunt anyone down for a good price. He's known to work mostly alone or with a partner or two, but rarely on a full fledged (pirate) ship. He is in good standing with the Navy due to bounty-hunting, good enough for them to overlook the occasional bar brawl and whatnot.

He has various guns about his person, the most obvious one being the musket, named "White Catherine", that he either holds or carries on his back. The only other gun he named is Red Charlotte, a long blunderbuss in his coat. He has five or six other guns of decent quality, mostly pistols, trophies taken from defeated bounties. Catherine and Charlotte has been tweaked for optimal accuracy and is in a very good condition due to the care he puts on them, and he's an excellent marksman. Like any good pirates, there's also a good, long, sharp knife on his belt for the rare times when he attacks in melee.

Personality: Alistair doesn't talk very much to people he don't like...and he don't like people by default. He stresses the point that he is NOT in fact a pirate and seems to think that pirates are pathetic scums of the Earth. He is, however, smart enough to not voice his opinions while on a pirate ship.

And some random points.

-Alistair smokes cigars. And he lights them with matches. Evidence (from Wikipedia) suggests that cigars were around the Carribeans from as early as the 15th century, and that primitive matchsticks are found in China from as early as 577AD.

-Something of a gun enthusiast. Knows a good deal about them.

-Sings to himself sometimes. Has a good singing voice.

-Knows a smattering of languages, but only very vaguely, various pieces picked up from sailing about.

-Amazingly, seems to know Queen songs. :p

I know this post really, really sucks, but I'm tired, but I just want to join up before the ship sets sail and convey some infomation about my character. Yes, I also realize that I don't actually have a history there, but I'm not too sure myself. So there.

EDIT: I love you too, Rallykins!

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

#1 Good to see you finally gave in, DM.

#2 As you obviously have seen, I cant post all that often. Things move quickly, so hopefully I won't ever fall behind too much. Sorry.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
  11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'd like the battle to drag out over a couple of days so every one can have their character fight. Keep that in mind when you post.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Bison is ready to fight. Just show me a bad guy. Well, a bad guy from another ship. :D

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I want to say before the battle starts to remember the rule about Power Gaming. Your character can be hurt and they're not the greatest warrior's the world has ever seen that can take down the entire enemy ship by themselves!

Remember that the enemy ship has bigger guns, more of them and a lot more men, so, for the most part, you'll be fighting to survive.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Ricardo's not dualwielding cuz he's uber., He's dualwielding since he's Spanish. Am too lazy to get linkies, though.

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

I hope the sawbones is good, because there seem to be many injuries so far.

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You guys realize that me and Lantus' chars are randomly being carried away...?

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Only you, DM. Just to inform you all, I'm sorry to say that I'm out. Though I love the Pirate Rp's, I can't keep up with this one in my timezone and the like. Plus, it doesn't help when My character has no purpose in the game. Therefore, goodbye. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I will be reading along, though, so make it good...

18. Arabwel

Media:
  19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Okay, I can accept people posting stuff for my character doing things while I'm away, but damnit, please don't have people attacking Alexa from behind. I'd like to be able to post things like that, thank you very much.

There are a couple of people who know what Alexa is like because of the previous RP. They are free to post for me while I'm away. This is Arabwel and Kilty. Anyone else, please ask before making posts.

20. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry mom.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.