1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates Return OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by The Kilted Crusader, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I can understand that. He was a major character from the previous rp afterall. At least he had a few years of peace, and a wonderful wife. A fitting end for him. :)

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I want to let you all know that my attendance here will be sparse at best through November. If Matty or Cornwallis are needed, feel free. If anything happens to the Pale Horse, will someone PLEASE make sure to rescue Matty's fiddel? THe rest of what she has can burn, but I have PLANS for the fiddle.

bwahahahahahaha!

3. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    *Musical interlude*

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

When you guys get back to Freeport, I'll be joining in.

Name: Jericho "Bull" Rand

Physical Description: At 5'9" Bull might come unto the chin of a few men but no one really wants to argue with this broad shouldered, 250lb, muscle-bound war veteran. He has one horizontal scar across his left cheek, otherwise his face only shows the evidence of having spent long hours exposed to the elements. He has weathered brown skin and calloused hands with long fingers. Brown eyes, black hair which only comes down to the nape of his neck. And often a smile on his lips. :heh:
    He wears loose baggy black pants, off-white shirt and a blue & red leather vest. His clothes are faded but otherwise well maintained. He is noticeably cleaner than the average pirate.
    He carries a broadsword across his back which can be drawn by the right hand. He also carries a foot long blade hidden at his right hip.

History: Jericho grew up on a sugar cane plantation where life was simple, tough but peaceful. From childhood he was abnormally large. A minor altercation with a drunk at the age of 16 lead Jericho to the local constabulary and his obvious physical stature and strength soon saw him into the army. There he was anointed with the name "Bull", which he has used ever since.
    Early in his days with the army, Bull learnt that a lot of people died in battles and the ones most often to die were at the frontlines. He immediately tried to work his way away from the front but was only successful when he became a cannoneer. There he honed his skills with the cannon and musket. He can still use his broadsword with deadly intent but would prefer to do otherwise. During this time Bull learnt to write his name but is otherwise illiterate. The army is also responsible for his extensive and colourful language. ;)
    He dropped out of the army after over a decade during large scale abandonment after defeat in a 5 year long war. He became a mercenary offering protection to land traversing goods wagons. Somewhere along the way he added handaxes to his armoury. He now carries a belt of 10 handaxes which he can use with deadly power and accuracy in melee and at range.

Personality: At age 29, Bull is rather easy going having learnt that people who like you will not randomly try to kill you. He is loyal first to himself and then to the man who pays the coin. He kills without comment and during his time with the army also indulged in his share of looting and raping. He will seek an appreciation of his skills by higher ranked officers, camaraderie and respect from his peers, and friendship with the cook. Extra rations never hurt anybody. :D

During his last mercenary run the traders tried to double-cross the 'security' during which his two comrades were killed. He managed to kill the traders and took off with any useful loot. He since came to Freetown to wait it out till the heat died down. He would rather be active, perhaps go away to a different place and feels that pirating might be the answer. He is a bit apprehensive however since he has only ever traveled on a ship twice.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Can everyone round off what they need to do on ship just now so we can move the RP on - thanks folks.

BTW, a new rule - if you want to leave the character, don't just disappear, write them out in the IC thread.

[ December 12, 2005, 14:07: Message edited by: The Kilted Crusader ]

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, Alexa and Mr. Santiago, but I'd been itching to roleplay the father/son moment for a loooong time, and couldn't wait anymore. If either of you had other ideas for breaking the news to Daniel, just cuss Daniel out for the impetuousness of youth, or blame it on Mr. Santiago's fever induced delirium.

7. The Kilted Crusader

Everyone just ignore Scot's last post until it is edited.

I've added a couple of new rules, so can everyone please go and re-read them. Thanks.

[ December 12, 2005, 17:23: Message edited by: The Kilted Crusader ]

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh my! Guys and girls alike, I am truly deeply sorry for having forgotten all about this thread. My intentions was never to waste your time, it just sort of slipped into the darkest corner of my thoughts that I had this RP going on.

I am quite embarresed, and ashamed that I let all of you down, and forgot that I had responsibilities to the community as well as I have in RL.

I can't believe that I missed three pages! I haven't read them though, as I guess you've let Saimon slip into oblivion.

Again, I am sorry and hope that you will accept my appologies.

Regards.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Oli, if you want back in, Saimon has been retrieved. We're all on the same boat, and heading... somewhere. ;)

But that's for the apology. :)

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Aw, that I would really appreciate :) It is much fun...

I'll just post tonight seeing as I would have to read the pages through first, and then consider my position :) .

11. olimikrig

Media:
    I suspect that the crew currently thinks that Saimon's a traitor, so I expect some sort of "interogation". I'll just have Saimon walk out on the deck, but i'd appreciate if someone could "find" him and help the events on from there (Saimon himself does not know that he's thought to have betrayed them).

Oh, and btw the whole sequence with Saimon and the spaniard happened during the night whilst the rest(/most) of you slept (so that there won't be any "event clashes").

[ January 26, 2006, 19:16: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Half of the last post is creidit to Tia, since she graciously RPd the Val-bits via MSN with me :)

13. The Kilted Crusader

Well, the RP seems to pretty much died. Sorry I haven't posted recently, I've had too much on with exams coming up.

Although it's pretty much come to a halt, I'mnot declaring it dead. This is just a break. As soon as my exams are over and I have more time to myself, I will ressurrect the RP and hopefully we can finish it.

14. olimikrig

Media:
    THat would be great... especially if evertyone could agree on posting and pushing the plot forward :) .

15. olimikrig

Media:
    Don't know if I've interfered with any of your plans here, KC. But I couldn't let our dear captain die on us, now could I ;) .

Anyway, I needed a reason to get into 'the warmth', as iirc, Abbot still didn't think much of poor Saimon :p .

Great to be back 'ere :thumb:

Arrr! (we need a pirate smiley, damn it!)

16. The Kilted Crusader

I don't think I've had much of a plan throughout most this RP, but I was hoping someone would save Abbot's useless arse :p

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    There you go, KC , one rescue coming tight up!

If that was too far, just tell me and I will edit.

18. The Kilted Crusader

Not too far at all, Ara.

19. olimikrig

Media:
    Awww! You're steraling the glory, Ara :p .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.