1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Placing objects

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Harry, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Harry Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In the Prologue we have to "Place the Crane Wheel" on the crane. How? We got the wheel O.K. -- but there it is on the Personal Inventory bar, and I can only drop it, pick it back up, or identify it. I'd be tearing my hair out if I had any trying to put it on the crane. There are likely other items to be put in specific places and the situation will probably come up again.

2. looserboy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When you click on the crane box on the side of the crane, an inventory will come up, but it will be empty. Just scroll down the right inventory and click on the item and it will be placed in the box.
    Welcome

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's the same concept as opening a chest and placing items in it for storage.

Just think of it when you grab loot off of a pile on the ground. You can drop your own loot down, but still pick it back up.

In this case the crane is treated like a chest or a barrel or a loot spot on the ground - it's highlightable by the alt key and you can transfer items to and from it.

4. Harry Gems: 1/31

Hey, thanks a bunch for the tip; worked, and I can move on.

5. neter Gems: 1/31

I feel my self dump and silly to ask that question but i can't find where is this crane which I'll place the crane part ? (give xy positions if you could) many walktroughs say it's beside the dwarf engineer but I can't find any think to click.

Should I see it when I hold ALT key ?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, you should see it when you press <ALT>. You have to find the crane top. If you are on the map with the docks, that's the bottom of the crane; you have to go up the cliffs to the map with the crane winch.

7. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry don't know the co-ordinates.
    It is between the inn and the equipment store. You should see a pile of timber and what sort of looks like a channel down the side of the mountain, and also running between the two buildings to a certain extent. On the left hand side of the channel, right near the edge of the cliff, there is a box where you place the wheel.
    IIRC it should be highlighted when you press the Alt key.
    Hope that is of some help.

8. neter Gems: 1/31

thanks for your help , I've found it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.