1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Point Break - 1991

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a question about this movie Point Break that starred Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves. It was made in 1991. A local T.V. station has showed this movie on T.V. at least three times in the last week. Each time they show it I see parts of it but then get otherwise occupied and unable to see the end. Yesterday I got to within 1/2 hour of the end and I had to go to grocery store.

If any of you have seen this movie can you tell me what happens after the FBI character (Keanu) sees the tape of his girlfriend gagged and tied up? I would really like to know how this movie ends.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SPOILER-O-RAMA
    The tape shows Agent Utah (Keanu) that they've figured out who he really is. He is forced by Bodi (Swayze) to assist them in one final heist before they skip town. If he doesn't, Rosie (their biker buddy who holds Tyler hostage on the tape) will gut Tyler like a fish. This has the added effect of screwing Utah over in the process, forcing him to aid and abbet the very felons he's been hunting. Bodi promises Utah that Tyler won't be harmed, but only if Utah plays ball. He agrees, and they drive toward the bank.

They go to the heist, but Utah is forced to participate with an empty shotgun (so he can't take them out) and with no mask or costume (so he doesn't have a prayer of not being identified), with the Bodi mocking "Sorry, Johnny - I guess you don't get to be President!" During the heist, Bodi breaks his own rule and tells one of the guys to "go for the vault." While this is happening and taking much longer than their usual heist, an undercover cop on the floor among the hostages whispers to a security guard to back him up as he gets ready to disarm the situation. A firefight ensues, and one of the Presidents is shot and killed. When they speed away, Bodi knocks Utah out and they leave him at the scene.

When the police and FBI arrive, Utah is arrested as an accessory. Angelo (Gary Busey) takes him in, only to be told by Utah that he knows where they're going. Angelo replies "I figured you did," and un-cuffs him. They drive to the airport to catch the Presidents as they board a private plane. Another firefight ensues. Angelo is shot and killed, as is another of the presidents, wounding another. Utah is forced to join Bodi on the plane at gunpoint, with Bodi saying "we're in this till the end now, brother." The remaining President is badly wounded and bleeding to death. There are only enough parachutes for Bodi and the other president, and they both jump with the money, leaving Utah alone on the plane with the pilot.

Utah, without a chute, jumps out of the plane after Bodi, catching up with him mid-air. He puts a gun to Bodi's head and demands that he pull his cord. Bodi replies "Nah, you pull it!" He forces Utah to choose between holding his gun and pulling the cord, as he has to hold on to Bodi with his other arm. Reluctantly he drops the gun and pulls the cord just seconds before impact, and the pair have a bumpy landing. The other President died on the way down, and he lay on the ground next to the bags full of money from the heist. As Bodi and Utah get their bearings, Rosie drives up in a Jeep with another passenger in the car. Tyler jumps out of the Jeep and runs toward Utah, ecstatic to see him. Bodi and Rosie collect the money and drive away into the desert.

The next scene jumps to several months later, where Utah is in Australia (with much longer hair). He's walking up to a beach and a huge storm is gathering. Surfer's are fleeing, saying "You'd have to be crazy to be out in this!" Utah moves forward. He walks up to a lone surfer standing on the beach in the rain: Bodi. As he walks behind Bodi and past him, without a word, Utah tosses Bodi's Ronald Reagan mask at Bodi's feet. Bodi knows who it is without turning around.

Bodi asks how he found him, and Utah replies that he'd been on his tail for months, but knew Bodi would never miss the "Hundred Year Storm." Utah tells him he's there to bring him in, and they begin to fight. During the scuffle, Utah cuffs himself to Bodi's arm, and says "I told them you'd go quietly!" Just then, helicopters fly above and several law enforcement officers (I believe Australian police) appear all around. Bodi goes berserk, but he knows he's screwed. Bodi tells Utah "you know I can't handle a cage, man!" Utah replies "I don't care! People died and you gotta go down! That's how it's gotta be now!" Bodi pleads "Ok man, I'll go to jail, I'll die there, and Johnny Utah gets his man! But look at that wave! It's a once in a lifetime thing. You know how I feel. Lemme go out and catch one wave. Just ONE wave! Then I'll go quietly. Where am I gonna go? What am I gonna do, paddle to New Zealand!?"

Reluctantly, Utah un-cuffs him and watches him paddle out. The officers run up and say "Why did you let him go!? Are you crazy?" Utah begins to walk away. The officers say "We'll get him when he comes back in!" Utah replies, under his breath "he's not comin' back in." As he walks away, he pulls his FBI badge from his pocket, and tosses it over his shoulder. We see the badge splash in the shallow surf. Screen goes black.

Credits roll to Ratt's "Nobody Rides for Free."

edit - In case you're wondering, yes - that was from memory. And yes, I'm a dork because of it.

[ December 09, 2005, 05:18: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thank you Death Rabbit. I am pretty impressed at your memory for detail. I wonder if this particular film impressed you or if your memory is this good all the time. Regardless - thanks for finishing up the movie for me. Your description was great and now I can stop wondering what happened. :) :)

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You're welcome. :thumb:

My memory is usually pretty good with movies I've seen more than once. I've seen this this one, oh, 4 or 5 times. My memory is especially fresh because I watched it again about a month ago. My roommate has it on DVD. It's a pretty good show, despite Keanu's piss-poor acting.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

wow :eek:

If you hadn't said it was from memory (wow), I would've asked where you copied it :p with the quotes and all too, chee..

6. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Hey Dragonfly - I forgot to add something there at the end. After Utah says "He's not comin' back," we see Bodi trying to stand up on his board to catch a gigantic wave, catching some surf, and then the thunderous wave crashes down on top of him. We don't see him after that - so presumably the wave killed him. Then Utah tosses his badge...blah blah the rest of what I said. :)

@ Enag - Never underestimate the depths to which my movie dorkedness goes. God blesses people with certain gifts...mine just happens to be one of the really, really useless ones. ;)

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Having such a memory for movies isn't dorkness. It should be worshipped. I too am one gifted by rarely forgetting a movie once I have seen it. Especially one like Point Break which I have seen a half dozen times. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.