1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

poisoning druid grove

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by elvenmage, Feb 19, 2005.

1. elvenmage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How do you poison the druid grove? I can't find the source of water.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    It's to the north of the arena where you can fight Faldorn.

3. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

I tried that but, it doesn't seem to work. Is there something you click on like a treasure chest?

4. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

There should be a use command in the middle of the pool. Just run the mouse over it until the icon changes. To make sure that you are in the right place, there should be a druid standing guard nearby (perhaps in or right beside the pool).

5. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

I still can't find it. Is it behind the guy? If so I can't get there. Do I have to poison the grove before the fight with Faldorn?

6. Takara

Media:
    yeah, you need to do it before the fight with faldorn, as it is an alternative to the fight. You do have the poison right?

You should be able to get a use symbol like you usully do when you can use part of the scenery when you move your mouse over the waterfall/pool bit

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think there was a stream of water flowing diagonally across the room. If you just walk on it and follow it to the north you should end up at the pool in no time.

8. Makini Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Be sure to have the poison with you, otherwise the action cursor may not appear.

Best of luck ;)

9. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You also have to be of evil alignment, maybe that's whats missing?

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Are you sure you have to be evil?

11. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yep, otherwise you wil not get the offer to even poison the grove. At least AFAIK

12. Takara

Media:
    That's true. I've played the game many times as good, and never got the offer. When I played as evil alignment I got the offer for the first time.

13. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

But if you already got the quest you don't have to worry wether you are evil enough to do the poisoning. So something else must be wrong here.

14. Takara

Media:
    True. But maybe he knows you can poison the grove, but doesnt actually have the quest, and just wants to do it.

15. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Takara: you are right, didnĀ“t think of that possibility.
    But somehow i think elvenmage has the quest already, seeing what he writes in his first message.

16. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

My character is chaotic evil.

17. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

elvenmage, Elvenblade....

Are you a relative of mine? :D

Anyway, since you were already discussing this I thought it was kinda stupid to make a new topic.

So I'll ask my short question here instead :)

I just wondered if the reward makes it worth doing this quest?

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The reward sucks. You do get a bunch of XPs for actually poisoning the fountain, but you don't get the reward from Lorprith back in town. I don't remember if the XP difference is a lot, but you miss out on a lot of gold, the rep point, and you don't get the statues in the town fountain.

19. Takara

Media:
    Also, if you do this you will NOT get the feuding houses quest either, which leaves you shy of xp there.

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Damned anti-evil bias! :grr:

It's enough to make you want to carve a bloody swathe through the tree-huggers to start off with... But where there's shiny ones to be had, there too is the Magpie...

Just take the treasure for the your "good deed" & cut through the nobles; I would!

At the least, they should've acknowledged the many subtle depths of evil; there are more shades of damnation than blood red.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.