1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: DVD Commentaries

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lazy Bonzo, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Assuming that you like/listen to them the question is do you (generally) prefer the commentaries done by the actors or the producers/directors (or any other non-actor position).

[ December 28, 2004, 20:37: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 8 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: DVD Commentaries (8 votes.)

DVD Commentaries (Choose 1)
    * Actors - 38% (3)
    * Producers/Directors - 25% (2)
    * I don't listen to the commentaries (just the results) - 38% (3)

2. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I find the commentaries kind of boring and honestly i think they're worthless.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Actually, the best commentary I heard to date was for Beauty and the Beast (Belle et la Bete) by a film historian. He actually talked about the kind of stuff I wanted to hear He was respectful of the film without being in love with it (as some directors tend to be) or without trivialising it.

All to often the actors talk about stupid on-set anecdotes (yeah, this is where I forgot my lines for 77 times - insert hysterical laughter here) and directors get bogged down in technical detail (yeah, we filmed this scene using a specially emulsified filter, ... more than 730 gallons of fake blood... bla bla bla who cares)

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I sometimes like to watch the DVD a second time with the actor's commentaries on...just to see what they say about certain parts of the movie...like in 'The Girl Next Door' I learned that when she makes Emil Hirsch strip, it's not really him (and that's a good thing) running naked down the street. :rolling:

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I never watch them. I got half way through the Trilogy of the Dead and just gave up. I just prefer the movies themselves.

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I watch them if I liked the movie...

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Now that I think about it, I actually voted incorrectly - I should have voted for Director/Producer becaus ewhile I do enjoy a few of the commentaries recorded by actors in some films, I much prefer those by the Ds and Ps and so forth. Not by some of the more technical crew though.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I did really like the cast Commentaries on Jackass the movie. but most of the time it's boring stuff.

9. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The only DVD commentary I've ever watched was The Batman Movie. You know, the one with Adam West? He and Burt Ward did the commentaries, and it was pretty good.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Is there A Batman movie with Adam West on DVD? I want it!

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I like to listen to the director's commentaries from time to time but I rarely listen to the actor commentaries. I genarally find the directors' commentaries to be very informative and insightful while the actors' ones tend to be quite shallow and it frequently seems like the actors barely remember anything about making the film.

Oh, and the DVD of the Adam West/Burt Ward Batman movie is readily available and dirt cheap.

12. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

And well worth buying.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.