1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Facial Hair?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Abomination, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] Do you have facial hair? Why/why not, describe it and what do you think about it?

I have facial hair, I recently regrew my beard and moustashe (sp?) and both are kept at equal length and are connected, basically it's an upside down egg shape with my mouth 3/4ers of the way up the 'egg'.

I got rid of it awhile ago because the skin beneath my facial hair kept drying and falling off and became really itchy. Now I don't have that problem so I decided I want to look 25, not 21 - helps in my line of business to not look like somebody who doesn't have many years behind them.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 44 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Facial Hair? (44 votes.)

Do you have facial hair (eg. a beard)? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 55% (24)
    * No - 39% (17)
    * No (I'm a woman) - 5% (2)
    * Yes (I'm a woman) GAH! >_< - 2% (1)

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No facial hair.
    I got sideburns not lower than my ear.
    I like a "1-day-beard". Not too smooth, not too bushy. I shave 3 times in 2 weeks, I guess. 'Wet', with blades.
    I count myself lucky that my facial hair grows everywhere that it should, so I don't have tufts of hair here and there sprouting out of my jawbone.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I have a goatee, which is nearly two inches long so far. I trim it every now and then, and that's about the only thing I do. Shaving is an habit that has difficulty sinking it. I usually let facial hair grow until it itches, so I shave about once every week and a half.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

As I said in the SPS thread, I've got a face full of fur. I'm not kidding.

5. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have a moustache but nothing else. My wife thinks it looks really good on me but it makes me look older.

I shave the rest of my face every day because it is required. The sides of my moustache are in line with the corners of my mouth and is trimmed to the top of my upper lip. If you have not guessed by now, I am in the military and there are very strict rules about such things.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes. 99% of humans have facial hair. Most mammals do.

And I'm a woman. :p

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I have a mustache almost identical to Wiley's (even though I'm not in any military; s'good to know I'd fit in :) )...

...I also have eyebrows and eyelashes :p
    (methinks that's what Kuemper was intimating at)

I've tried a beard, a goatee, and cleanshaven - the first two seemed to take as much effort to trim and groom as just shaving, and my upper lip is too sensitive to shave regularly, so I keep the 'padding' :)

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I've a full small beard. Not too long not too short, gives me a more « intellectual look » or so me friends says :shake:

Why? I'm way to lazy to shave...

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Keumper, the poll is open to women voting :p

10. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Presently I have a trimmed bit on my chin. However, since I'm back at the U, i'll be growing my old philosophers beard back (that is, too lazy\hung over to shave.

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I actually got the same as Master of Nuhn; sideburns not growing lower than my ears and stubble a few days old. I hate shaving, so I often limit it to two or three times a week (kinda depending on how often I need to look representable).

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I have sideburns. Massive sideburns, a bit like the ones on General Ambrose Burnside :lol:

Not that massive though! :lol:

And without the whiskers! :lol:

But otherwise, the cut is kind of like that! :lol:

But a bit further down the chin. :cool:

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I keep a well trimed goatee. I do that every other day, and have no sideburns. It really suits me. I dont like it too long, but not stubble. That is far too short.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I normally display a two-day beard, but my girlfriend prefers me with a smooth face (she's not into the "rough-looking guys are sexy" thing, unfortunately). This forces me to shave more often than I'd like. :grin:

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Abomination, post another poll and you'll get the Queen of Polls title! :)

:yot: i find beards really sexy on a man ;)

[ September 18, 2006, 12:35: Message edited by: Shell ]

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Half full beard and tache for me, basically it's an overgrown Goatee, that I don't let grow up the sides, as I generally shave my head

17. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Since my Dad was apparantly the un-hairiest man alive, the most facial hair I get is a smatter of bristles.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I looked like a Yeti this morning due to weekend laziness...

19. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Got a goatee. Have had it on and of for ten years. It's now around 5 cm's.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, even after thirty+ years of hauling myself around on this pebble, I really only have to shave alternate days...after a weekend off, ye CAN like a match off my chin (I've tried it before :D )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.