1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: FF Movie

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Icingdeath45, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

How many of you think they should make a FFVII movie? And if so would you have it CG or acted out?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: FF Movie (21 votes.)

Make a FFVII movie? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 71% (15)
    * No - 29% (6)

CG or actors? (Choose 1)
    * CG - 76% (16)
    * Actors - 24% (5)

2. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

With me it's not " should they make a FF7 movie?" Because the game is such a masterpiece it really doesn't need a movie counterpart. However, as someone obviously thought it would be a good idea...well, i'm not going to stop them. Looking very much forward to it actually. As far as having actors or cg, I think it's fairly obvious that having a live action version would be a very bad idea. FF7 is a typical Anime style story, it's also a typical classic japanese style RPG. Now, take what happens when some Brothers whose name begin in "Wach" and end in "owski" try and make a live action version of an anime so to speak (i'm talking about Matrix 2 and 3 here), total, and I mean TOTAL, SUCKAGE! The whole point of Japanese Anime stories, and ones that draw influence from them is that there are certain reality barriers that are purposely put up. This is done because the fanstastical element to them is far better expressed when in a "less real" medium, e.g animation or computer game. Having a more "real" approach and using real actors and filmed scenary removes some of those barriers. This results in a film that appears over exaggerated and absurd...just like the Matrix 2 and 3.

So CG of course. It's called Final Fantasy, so keep it as such.

3. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Oh, is there really a movie planned about FFVII? Cool, I hope they make it cg, would be great. I just hope they don't animate them too realistic, since making them look like the characters from the FF movie would take away of the typical feel of FFVII, that makes it so great. Maybe not use cgi, but make a classic manga of it. That would totally rock. And since the story is linear enough, they can't screw up like they would with something like BG or PS:T.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

IMO, it's a good idea, if they keep the character personalities intact (those that could be in the party in the game) and set plot/character development to place #1. ;)

But IIRC, the clips I have seen have been a whole lot different, so I doubt I will go see it.

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    not sure if anyone is interested but i have a few screenshots from THE FF7 MOVIE. yes thats right, the real thing, and i have screenshots. PM me if you want em!

6. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i am a great fan of of Final Fantasy, i have FFVII, VIII and IX, but i think FFVII is the best of them three.
    See www.ffinvincible.nl for alot of information and my account, which is Tomberry.
    But hey, can you send me some pics.

7. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Movie is more than planned, its scheduled for release this summer (of course that may be for japan, so some of us will have to wait). It has Cloud, barret, vincent, tifa (at least), and it's CG. I couldnt tell if you guys actually knew it was being made. called Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

8. Gehn Gems: 7/31

I think Aeris is going to be in it too...

9. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, if you consider people that they show as dead in a flashback, then yes she's in it as well :lol:

10. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Didn't see that one coming :D

But I am being quite serious. There are many reasons and indications that Aeris might make an appearance in Advent Children actually. From what I have seen of trailers and all the signs in FF7.
    In the recent E3, English release trailer of AC, the series of questions at the end open the possibility that Aeris is still a part of Cloud's life and perhaps the reason why he has chosen to take up his sword again. "Is it for a memory?" "Or is it for himself?"(cue picture of Sephiroth simultaneously). Eh?
    Note also that in the game there are many times where indicators of Aeris either being revived or contacted in some way, seem possible. Cloud also says that - and this is by no means an exact quote - "I know I can see her again, if I just go there I can see her agian". When you re-enter Midgar and go to the church you see Aeris's spirit flicker over the flower patch for a few seconds. I'm not saying that the church is the place Cloud reffered to in my quote, but it does highlight the fact that there is more to Aeris's death than one might think. Also note Cloud vowed to meet Aeris in the Promised Land at the end of FFVII. Wether or not this is actually achievable is a case for debate, yet never the less, it shows that Cloud has a determination to make it happen. Cloud dreams of meeting Aeris in the face of much adversity no doubt, but Cloud's love for Aeris is unquestionable, which makes the prospect of Cloud ever keeping his promise, at the very least, a possibility.
    Also, Aeris is not in all technicality "dead". She has returned to the lifestream. like every being on the planet does when they die. She is also a Cetra. Which makes her bond with this lifestream ever more stronger. Therefore making her existence in it more traceable and more "whole".

There are more references I could give, but I have no desire to drone on and make myself look like a pretentious ass (if I haven't already that is), so I will stop here. Hopefully I have given some food for thought though :)

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sounds good if they keep it CG. You know the people at square can do amazing things with 3d images.

However rather than a movie I think a mini-series would be required since the game is pretty damn big.

12. Gehn Gems: 7/31

True, but making a movie of it gives it a more epic feel.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.