1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Finishing What You've Started

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nobleman, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] How many times haven't I wondered why I couldn't find a decent way to continue my story. Am I the only one?
    Question three should say 0%-50%
    not 0-25%

[ November 07, 2002, 21:48: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Finishing What You've Started (15 votes.)

How many times have started a story? (Choose 1)
    * Oh well, once I think. Perhaps never. - 0% (0)
    * I write one occasionally. 1-5 times perhaps - 67% (10)
    * I write often. Both here at SP and other places. 6-20 perhaps - 20% (3)
    * I get new ideas all the time. I just can't wait to get on! +21 - 13% (2)

How many times have you written past the first few chapters? (Choose 1)
    * 100% of the times (Why not continue what I started) - 13% (2)
    * 80%-100% of the times ( I often get the story to work) - 13% (2)
    * 50%-80% of the time (sometimes I get a good story) - 40% (6)
    * 0-50% of the time (I rarely get anywhere) - 33% (5)

How many times have you actually written most of the story? (Choose 1)
    * 100% of the times. ( I have an excellent eye for keeping it interesting) - 7% (1)
    * 80%-100% of the times. (Sometimes I just have to let the story slip) - 20% (3)
    * 50%-80% of the times (I really hadn't thought about the end. Just the beginning) - 27% (4)
    * 0-25% ( oh well, I had so many good ideas for the story.) - 47% (7)

How many times have you actually finished a story? (Choose 1)
    * 100% of the times. ( I always finish my story. I am an energizer bunny on a paper) - 7% (1)
    * 80.100% ( I had a real good story going. But sometimes no end) - 7% (1)
    * 50-80% ( I am dedicated. Half the times I actually get results.) - 7% (1)
    * 0%-50% ( damn. It never really works out as I want. Better luck next time) - 80% (12)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Lol, I'm an energiser bunny ;)

I seem to find it easy to keep stories going, I often get wrapped into them. Now I'm not trying to brag or anything or put anyone down, but I think my stories are good. You have got to try and work out where to give it a slight twist to get it back on track - if you stop writing for a while when you get back read all the way through it, does it do anything for you? If you find it dull or a drag to continue then what are the readers going to think, you need to beak it up a bit, make bits where the reader can stop for a break and bits they can't stop reading. When I write a story I don't ever start with plan - I just get on with it, my opening paragraphs are usually explaining about where the world is set and what the heck I'm gonna write about. (I usally add a blurb too)

Now, Why did I write all this?

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I love writing, and I also believe that my stories are amazing... But so far, school and boredom gets me distracted every time, and I never finish what I've started to do, unfortunately. *sigh*

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have plenty good ideas for stories. (some of them included in my FA.) I just can't find the time or concentration to complete one.

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'm always thinking of new ideas, and I'm always eager to write them down, but I can NEVER, EVER find the TIME!! :mad: :mad: It is so damn frustrating! So many stupid things get in the way! :mad: :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.