1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: FR Lich hunt across the North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Characters from Rashemen automatically know Common and Rashemi. Their bonus languages are Aglarondan, Damaran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Mulhorandi, Orc, Tuigan and Undercommon.

A Rashemi from Rashemen typically learns Aglarondan, Damaran, Goblin, Mulhorandi or Tuigan as his bonus languages (though aside from goblin those commonly learned languages are pretty useless).

Rashemen's regional feats are Bullheaded, Ethran (witch of Rashemen) and Survivor. Ethran needs alot of work to be readapted to any character using 3.5 edition. I assume +2 Animal Empathy would turn into +2 to Wild Empathy since witches seem to designed to be druids. I don't know what +2 Intuite North would become, Survival?

EDIT: Forgot to add Undercommon

[ March 24, 2006, 12:42: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Anyone who wants to join is perfectly welcome to join when I get the RP up and running.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I figure if this gets up and running, I'll list the regions of Faerun and the human races so people can use them if they so desire.

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

errrhhhmmmm.... well it would seem that the Hathran have to be able to cast both divine and arcane magic... sort of a druid/sorceress feel. They have to follow Chauntea, Meliekki or Mystra (so for that last one it'd have to be a cleric instead of a druid)

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'd like to join, but I don't know which one I'd like.

@ IS : Which one should I choose do you think? Or anyone else who thinks I would be sutied for one.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Not exactly sure by what you mean by "choose". Are you refering to group size?

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

OMG. :doh: I .. nevermind. I thought this was like the Humanoid only one, where we choose our characters from what you give us.. NEVERMIND.

:doh: .. I can't believe I said that.. :o

Regardless, I wish to join. :D

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Since I can't start things up today, I thought I'd show how I was doing some of the NPC characters.

I always feel guilty that Avar can speak 3 languages and is literate with an Int of 6.

Avar Bloodlyfist
    Human, 14th level Fighter
    Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 14d10+56 (137 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 feet
    Armor Class: 24 (+4 Dex, +6 +3 Studded Leather, +3 Ring of Protection, +1 shield), Touch 17, Flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+19
    Attack: +3 Bastard Sword +23 melee (1d10+8/17-20) or +3 Composite Long Bow (+5 Str bonus) +22 ranged (1d8+8/19-20/x3)
    Full Attack: +3 Bastard Sword +21/+16/+11 melee (1d10+8/17-20) and +3 Shortsword +21/+16/+11 melee (1d6+5/17-20) or +3 Composite Long Bow (+5 Str bonus) +22/+17/+12 (1d8+8/19-20/x3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: None
    Special Qualities: None
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref+10, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 19, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 8
    Skills: Climb +13, Intimidate +16, Jump +14
    Feats: Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Great Fortitude, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Critical (Bastard Sword), Improved Critical (Long Bow), Improved Critical (Shortsword), Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Lightening Reflexes, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Long Bow), Weapon Focus (Shortsword)

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Level Adjust: +0
    Languages: Chondathan, Common, Illuskan

Height: 6’0”
    Weight: 211 lbs
    Home Region: Sword Coast North
    Patron Deity: Talos
    Other Deities: None

Lady Elsa Londarvald
    Nephilim, 8th level Sorceress, ECL 14
    Medium Outsider (Augmented Humanoid, Native)

Hit Dice: 2d8+6+8d4+24 (62 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 feet, fly 60 feet
    Armor Class: 21 (+4 Dex, +2 +2 Bracers of Armor, +4 +4 Ring of Protection, +1 natural), Touch 18, Flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+8
    Attack: +3 Heavy Mace +11 melee (1d8+5/20/x2), +3 Darts +13 ranged (1d4+5/20/x2)
    Full Attack: +3 Heavy Mace +11/+6 melee (1d8+5/20/x2), +3 Darts +13/+8 ranged (1d4+5/20/x2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Arcane Spells, Spell-like Abilities, Supernatural Abilities
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Damage Reduction 5/magic, Familiar, Immune to Disease, +4 racial bonus to save vs. poison, Resistances Acid 10, Cold 10, Electricity 10, Spell Resistance 20
    Saves: Fort +8, Reflex +9, Will +12
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 24
    Skills: Concentration +20, Diplomacy +26, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +17, Knowledge (History) +10, Knowledge (Nobility) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +10, Knowledge (Religion) +10, Listen +6, Perform (Sing) +9, Search +9, Speak Language 4, Spellcraft +19, Spot +6
    Feats: Combat Casting*, Cosmopolitan (Diplomacy), Empower Spell, Iron Will, Spell Penetration

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Level Adjust: +4
    Languages: Aquan, Auran, Common, Celestial, Chondathan, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Ignan, Illuskan, Terran
    Arcane Spells: Cantrips x6-Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Flare (Fort, DC-17), Electric Jolt, Elemental Sample, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, Resistance 1st level x8-Lesser Orb of Electricity, Lesser Orb of Ice, Ice Dagger, Shocking Grasp, Unseen Servant 2nd level x8-Frost Breath (Ref, DC-19), Ice Knife (Fort, Ref, DC-19), Ray of Ice (Ref, DC-19) 3rd level x7-Hailstones, Ice Lance (Fort, DC-20) 4th level x4-Orb of Cold (Fort, DC-21)
    Spell-like Abilities: At Will-Daylight 3/day-Protection from Evil 1/day-Aid, Bless, Cure Serious Wounds, Detect Evil, Dispel Evil, Holy Smite, Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease
    Smite Evil (Su): 1/day may attempt a normal attack to deal extra damage her Hit Dice (+20 max)

Height: 6’0”
    Weight:
    Home Region: Waterdeep
    Patron Deity Siamorphe
    Other Deities: Helm, Ilmater
    Familiar: Kelar (Hawk)
    Mounts: Icemane (Light Warhorse, riding saddle), Titan (Heavy Horse, pack saddle)

Items: Noble’s Outfit, +3 Heavy Mace, +3 Dart x50, +2 Bracers of Armor, +4 Ring of Protection, Londarvald signet ring, silver mirror, bone comb, Blue Roc Pendant, Lost of Ilmater, Healer’s Kit x2

Blue Roc Pendant: activation unknown

Lost of Ilmater: 1/two days-harm, caster level equal to HD

Effects: Sphere of Transmutation, hides wings, loss of fly speed, can be deactivated at will, can be reactivated after 8 hours

[ March 26, 2006, 06:45: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I think I'll use Elwithral in this, if that's okay.

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

So long as your character(s) have any ECL between 8 and 16, you can do whatever you want with them. You could make one a Kyton/Chain Devil, Nymph, Ogre Mage or Rakshasa you wanted to and so long as you didn't pass that ECL 16 you'd be perfectly fine.

11. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    I'm interested, but that'd be my first time. Where/how exactly would you play this game?

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

What's the deal with Prestige Classes?

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

It's be played within this forum, probably be easiest to look through this forum just to see how it's played. If you still have questions after that, myself or some of the others could help walk you through.

Any non-psionic, as Faerun is a low psi world

Also if anyone has any ideas about who to construct the actual RP thread, that'd be great. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that, mostly, we'll have people starting as far south as Waterdeep or as far north as Icewind Dale and Silverymoon. Any ideas how to limit clutter and confusion would be appreciated.

EDIT: Another thing, if anyone has NPC ideas feel free to post some of those ideas here. I have a problem for making my NPCs human, even those that aren't actually human tend to be too imbeded within human society/culture. There will be a severe absence of Dwarven/Gnomish/Elven/Halfling NPCs and the cultural feels they bring if I am left to my own devices.

EDIT: I should also note that what I mean by NPCs, I'm really meaning "notable" or "noteworthy" figures that will likely be met on the road. Any random encountered story specific characters don't need to be as detailed as the famous or imfamous adventurers or what not who have the potential for hostile encounters with certain adventuring troupes.

[ March 25, 2006, 22:51: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

:o .. STUPID ALERT

Hehe, uh, what's ECL?

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Effective Character Level

It's calculated by Adding your racial hit dice, PC levels and level adjust.

I.E. Hjorvard the Frost Giant has 14 hit dice worth of giant, 5 levels of barbarian and a +4 level adjust. He therefore has an ECL of 23, which means to reach his next level of barbarian he needs to experience to takes to get from level 23 to level 24. Hjorvard is effectively level 23, even though he only have 5 class levels.

Since most of my characters suffer from level adjusts, racial hit dice or both, I have to be proficient in ECL.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Okay Elwithral is an Aasimar (but I made up something.. well not really, but I don't know if it makes a difference), but he's an Elf Celestial. Uh, and he's a F/M/T, and as for levels, what would be the average? Because he's a very high level, but I could make him younger in his years.

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

There's actually a "Celestial Elf" template in Aasimar & Tieflings: A Guide to the Planetouched

Looks like this:

+2 Dex, -2 Con

Medium sized Humanoid (Elf, Extraplanar)

Immunity to Sleep

+2 racial saving throws against enchantments spells or effects

Low-light Vision

Darkvision 60 ft.

Gain Damage Reduction 5/magic (meaning the first 5 points of damage delt by non-magical weapons and natural weapons is ignored) at 4th level, increases to 10/magic at the 12th level

Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5 and Electricity 5. Increases to 10 at 8th level

Spell Resistance of 5+Hit Dice (maximum of Spell Resistance 25)

Elven Weapon Profiecencies

+2 on Listen, Spot and Search, passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door entitles celestial elf to make an active search test

Automatic Languages: Celestial, Common and Elven

Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc and Sylvan

Favored Class: Wizard

Level Adjust: +2

As a Celestial Elf, one could have 14 class levels, as a Aasimar one could have 15 class leves while staying within the ECL limit.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Well, I guess being the Celestial Elf would be the more precise choice, yes? His levels now are high. Uh, I'll show you in a PM. :D

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Well I'll get there eventually guys, it's taking me a bit of time to figure out how I want to work out some of the NPCs and I think I need to get my hands on the Epic level Handbook for three of the NPCs (the Lich, the Vampire Fighter and a Cloud Giant Fighter/Bard who's designed to help balance out the two epic level evil characters), though don't worry, the epic characters have to be pretty explicitly provoked into attacking, they won't stumble upon your party and go hog wild like they're chaotic evil.

Hopefully the RP should be up by Monday.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well if Eli is going to be Elwithral, I might be Dalamar, cause they usally work together. He has the same skills as Eliwitral, also they're both Chaotic Neutral,but Dalamar is more... evil :evil:

He is a Tiefling Elf, maybe a Demonic Elf I'm not sure, but he is part elf part demon.

Also he is a F/M/T, but he uses his theif and fighter skills more often. I'll post his info later, I'm in a hurry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.