1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: FR Lich hunt across the North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Anyone have any opinions as to whether the game should be before the Time of Troubles or after the Time of Troubles?

Do you want Myrkul or Kelemvor?

Cyric or Bhaal and Leira?

Shar to have Ibrundul's portfolio?

Do we want gods to not have to worry about worship or have their powers dependant upon worship? Pre-Time of Troubles, where the gods are not dependent upon worship for power and therefore they (specifically evil deities) maybe more inclined to be indifferent to their followers. Evil Clerics during this time are also going to be far less concerned about trying to intimidate poeple into worship of evil deities and are going to interact with the world in a way more similar to that of their evil deity. I.E. a cleric of Talos pre-Time of Troubles is going to focus on being an agent of destruction and Talos' will rather then trying to convert others.

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I would vote for pre- as you point out it gives evil clerics more freedom

3. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I vote for pre as well, mostly because the past (Specifically pre-time of troubles) gives more freedom to what one's characters backround's can be.

Now that I've made up my mind to join, I have a few questions.

1) Can my PC have a relationship with one of the undead following the Lich? Specifically, I was thinking of making an character hailing from the underdark (though he would have been spending a good deal of time in the world above) who turns into an intelligent undead from the Boneyard who he recognizes. Which brings me to my second quesrtion...

2) Since this seems to be an RPG fitting our namesakes, I was wondering if anyone has a preferance as to which of the two characters that are applicable to the name deepfae: a gloaming, or a gloura. I ask this in case either one would make a difference in character interaction, because a good RPG has good synergy and character relationships.

[ March 27, 2006, 04:22: Message edited by: deepfae ]

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yea, so if its pre- I can be Elwithral without all that.. crud.

5. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Also, pre-Time of Troubles means pre-Loth's Silence, and Pre-Return of the Shades.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Absolutely no problem. My main character has close ties to several of the NPCs who he use to adventure alongside of. It makes things more realistic if your character has had some interaction in the world and doesn't seem like they just where dropped out of a portal into Faerun (unless they where I suppose). So long as the relationships aren't absolutely ridiculous, like "I'm the lich's ex-elven lover, come to save him from undeath", I have no problem what relation your characters have to NPCs/PCs of your own or others (as long as your PC's relation with another person's creation doesn't create conflicts with the other person). Anyway, we live and interact with others, even though who are simply here to collect a paycheck, should have a relationship (doesn't have to be a deep relation, but you'll exact an unique response from some for your deeds or misdeeds) with others, as after all, the PCs in this game are at the least semi-accomplished adventurers (making it to at least ECL 8 isn't exactly the easiest feet in such times for most races).

Not sure I can answer the last part of this question (I may not be following your question). What concerns about their interactions do you have?

7. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Well, there goes that idea...lol. Ok thanks for clarifying that.

I was just mainly being indecisive as to what race I wanted my main PC to be, and was wondering if anyone had a preferance, on the offchance that one choice would have any effect on someone else's characters. Anyways, I guess its time for me to get off my lazy, indecisive butt and do some deciding myself...

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

IF you're thinking Drow, only one of the NPCs that I've made would have issues with a Drow (Sir Kalias, who has problems with any race that is typically evil). The Orog NPC Urthog Elfeater hates all kinds of elves, drow no more or less then other elves.

My PC Arethir Maelis hates drow, but he's a racist and hates a whole pethra of creatures that destabilize society (specifically Slaadi and Demons).

As for everday townfolk, do whatever you think appropriate. Town Guards will be hostile to traditionally evil races that pass in the guards in such a way that the guards can realize the PC's race. Lycanthropes and Doppelangers are definately going to be treated differently then Cambions and Duergar.

[ March 27, 2006, 06:36: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

9. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Actually I was debating between a Gloaming and a Gloura, but I'm starting to lean towards a gloaming, because no matter how cool it would be to have a deep fey (gloura) in a campaign, such a creature would probably be too reclusive to join a hunt for a lich, and would probably not leave the underdark.

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

They from the second or third monster manual? I can't say I've heard of them. If you think they're appropriate I have no problem with them entering into the RP.

11. deepfae Gems: 7/31

They're from "Underdark". :) And yea, they're appropriate, both have only +2 level adjustments, I think.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex is a half drow. I'll bring his history from Rasheman when we have a character thread.

13. DarkStrider

Thankfully I will not be playing my avatar as he is a 20th Sorcerer/20th Cleric/10th Dragon Disciple, I'll stick with my nice human family merc group. As an aside does anybody know a good Assassin build?

EDIT: Though I suppose he could be their hidden leader :hmm:

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Nice description in the Ooc, Ilmater. I'll ask here so as not to clutter up.

I want to use a moonblade. Can I, pretty please?

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

what are the stats on a moonblade? I don't think I have a book which details one.

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Damn it, I hate trying to figure out women's weights. Being that Elsa's six feet tall only compounds the problem. Anyone know of a place that would list the weight of (perferably healthy) supermodels or the such? Elsa doesn't quite have the curves to be an hourglass.

17. DarkStrider

IS take 20 pounds off a man's weight for that height and that should be about right.

EDIT: Does anyone know when the Cult of the Dragon was founded pre or post time of Troubles?

[ March 28, 2006, 12:56: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

The cult is in IWD2 so it's pre-Time of Troubles.

My dream girl now has physical mass :D .

Now've I've to to get my 92/93 Mac Quadra up and running so I can get see the facial scar patterns for Ulgar and the character Ty is based on.

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Well Avar Bloodyfist, the wonderfully Min-Maxed Warmonger is done. That makes Elsa, Urthog, and Avar. Only Ulgar Wolfsblood, Ty Miller, Hrothgar Bearclaw, Sir Kalias De Pomloran, Valric Kronhelm, Lovora Nurrenvald, Malona Duval, Orion Windwalker, Thorag Dwarfcrusher, Athelmaun Calaudael, Ranstag the Hateful, Maithe the Damned and Evendal Highcrown have to be completed. Then I'll be able to devote myself to the PC thread. I think I finally realized with the more depth I try to create, the work increases exponentially.

20. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Specificity of detail, sepecificity of detail, specificity of detail... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.