1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hardest "Boss"

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chickavalier, May 4, 2005.

1. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What "Boss" creatures do you feel hardest?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 76 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Hardest "Boss" (76 votes.)

Hardest boss (Choose 1)
    * Jon Irenicus - 12% (9)
    * Bodhi - 3% (2)
    * Firkragg - 16% (12)
    * Nizidramanii'yt - 7% (5)
    * Thaxll'ssillyia - 4% (3)
    * Kangaxx - 41% (31)
    * Others - 18% (14)

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Kangaxx I suppose

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Same as Sarevok, but I never understood why people think Firkragg is hard and I play on core rules.

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I've had more trouble with Jon than Kangaxx.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I guess things depend on ones playing style. Kangaxx is almost impossible for me while Jon and Firkragg were easily beaten on no more than 2 attempts.

6. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

yes T also had problem with Kangaxx...... imprisonment killed me instantly and I tried about 10times to beat him(with prot from magic scroll)

7. TUUTTi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Who is this Kangaxx? Played game over few times but cant remember.. Some optional quest i guess. Where is he and what is he?

8. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A Lich/Demilich, you meet him in that quest, where you have to get those golden bodyparts.

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Hmm ... I donno ... the memphits looked kinda scary the first time I played the game :mommy:

I wouldn't say that any of the dragons are that difficult. I've killed all but Adalon and have always found one way or the other of killing them. I killed the Shadow dragon when my party was of average L10 :eek:
    Bodhi and Jonny boy are not that difficult, comparably. Both fall pretty easily by the time you get to them.

Kangaxx and the Twisted Rune continue to be damn difficult when ever I play.

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

First time through, I have to say Kangaxx. I didn't know how to hit him and had get help on killing him. Other creatures I was able to grind through one way or another.

But once you know the tricks, Kangaxx is easy to beat.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

First time out I would agree that Kangaxx was the toughest but now I find him to be no challenge - he is pretty much a one trick pony and once you are ready for him he is no trouble at all.

I never have any problems with either Irenicus or Bodhi - those fights are almost always over in no time with my characters barely ever being injured.

So that leaves the three dragons. Of the three dragons I would have to say that Firkragg seems to put up the best fight. Thaxll'ssillyia has always seemed really easy for some reason and by the time I fight Nizidramanii'yt I am normally powerful enough to wipe the floor with him without any trouble.

Thus, by process of elimination, I would have to give my vote to Firkragg. I guess my generally taking him on relatively early has something to do with that. On the odd occassion he will manage to wing buffet my tanks out of the way and BBQ my mages. He never manages to win but at least he puts up a bit of a fight.

I was thinking about the Twisted Rune but then I realized that the last half dozen times I have taken them out so easily that it was kind of a joke.

I guess this is why I never play the game unmodded anymore.

12. TUUTTi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Speaking of mods, what mods u guys think are the best? I mean, i dont enjoy playing any mods which have imbalanced items or anything like that..(havent tried any mods this far tho) and if i play multiplayer with my friend, do both players have to have the mod installed or is it enough that only the hosting player has it installed?

13. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Warning: Post contains Spoilers and Tactics

While not a "Boss" I've always had a tough time with Tanova in Bodhi's lair. Since I usually try to head to Spellhold early, I'm pretty low level when I hit her. She's not so bad now that I've played this game quite a bit, but still - I remember the first time I used a Protection from Undead scroll, I had a fighter with Azure Edge cleaning up the place - and found out too late that she could see right through the protection, ooops.

14. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

the hardest boss for me was Kangaxx unmoded and Irenecus in Tactics Mode. in my first encounter with Kangaxx (i was a newbie obviously) i spent days to figure out a way to beat him.

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Twisted Rune on insane. Their numbers usually get me, if not their difficulty.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Kangaxx, because my party doesn't expect him to not die the first time usually :p

17. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    The Darksun Halflings. Short of tactics, they acount for the fight with greatest number of times I've had to reload. (first game) Tolgerias is a close second.

18. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Assuming that Thassy is the Shadow Dragon, I'd say him. I almost always take the Umar Hills quest first, since I really like the Shadow Dragon Armor. Plus, I've never really come up with good dragon fighting tactics, aside from massive buffing. As it is, I've always just ground through them the hard way: lots of reloads and ressurecting.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Kangaxx is only hard because he throws an endless supply of Inprisonment spells at you and has an endless supply of pre-configured Spell Trigger or Chain Contingency spells. Once you remove enough of his bluffs to actually hit him, the throws up 3 more bluffs! :bang:

A true "boss" would have a massive amount of HP, reasonable resistances, a good defense, and a good offense...not overpowered to the point where itcan kill any party member with one hit...even at lvl 20.

20. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Kangaax tries to trick you?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.