1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How much time do you spend on SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Rastor, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It's pretty self explanatory. Click on the poll, pick the reply that best applies, and click submit.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 51 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: How much time do you spend on SP? (51 votes.)

How much time do you spend on SP? (Choose 1)
    * 1 to 4 hours per day - 69% (35)
    * 4 to 8 hours per day - 12% (6)
    * 8 to 14 hours per day - 12% (6)
    * 14 - 24 hours per day - 0% (0)
    * 24 - 36 hours per day - 4% (2)
    * What is SP, what the heck site am I at?! - 4% (2)

How many topics do you read a day? (Choose 1)
    * Zero - 0% (0)
    * 1 to 5 - 22% (11)
    * 5 to 10 - 55% (28)
    * All of Them - 20% (10)
    * All, then I start 15 more. - 4% (2)

Are you addicted to SP? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 63% (32)
    * No - 29% (15)
    * Rastor, you're a nitwit for posting this. People can't get addicted to web sites. - 8% (4)

2. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I spend an hour on SP. I spend 5 hours on the computer.

I look at 1 to 5 topics, because I am getting so picky I don't want to look at all the other topics, because of them seem to be either about Americans, or religion, or just topics where it's a one-post-and-never-read-again topic.

I am not obsessed over SP. I am just obsessed with my internet.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I spend a large portion of my free time on SP. Go on it when I get home during weekdays till I go to bed usually. I don't come on if there's a game I want to play though...

[ October 20, 2002, 21:03: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Rastor, too much :D

5. Blog Gems: 23/31

I usually spend around half an hour on SP each day. I suppose I'm addicted just because I visit everyday, but it's not the same kind of addiction that video games induce.

I have yet to check out the chat rooms though, which I suspect would really lengthen my time on SP.

6. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I seem to spend forever on the SP forums, there is so much interesting ideas and posts out there.

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'd like to see how you do that! :D I'm quite happy with my 2 hours... it's still a lot, considering that I don't play any dnd games anymore.. I just lurk around the playground and whatnots.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

36 hours per day! You realy are insane. When I'm on the net there is always a little window minamised saying 'Boards of Magick' and I read most posts, but no non relevant to anything I care about thread such as NWN or IWD2.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

SP is engrained on my PC. Even when I am not at my computer whether I'm out, asleep, or whatever, I usually have SP minimized.

It's become as regular as checking e-mail.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Hmm...it's got to the point where I don't check mails. :)
    Seriously, I don't usually go into the BG2:SoA/ToB forums anymore however, because to me they're all 'Which monster do you fight most' and 'What was the hardest battle?', and if not them, then it's romance problems.

I spend most time browsing through Creativity Surge or Whatnot Forums. Though I'm yet to contribute to the former...most my stuff isn't worth putting in there anyway. Then occasionaly posting/reading the rarely-posted NWN Toolset forum.

*sigh* I think i might check my mail soon...

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not 'nuff.

The BG2 forum (only game forum I am familiar with) has begun to bore me as well, but I do make some comments on it. I read Whatnots and usually make some pointless remark. Booktalk and Creativity Surge are the two forums I latch on to; IMHO, more people must post there.

[ October 20, 2002, 22:09: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    As long as it takes

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

For me, The title of a topic can make all the difference as to wether i'll check it out. Hence its only 5-10 topics a day. Anyway, to check just 5 - 10 topics a day, I'd need at the most 2 hours considering that I'm doing other things as well etc.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Luckily I have escaped the charms of the chat. Pheeeew. Not that I don't like you people, but the last year without much chat has been spledid :p

Now I just settle with lurking a few forums. Suits me fine. I remember those days with 100 posts a week. Exhaustive. Hard to keep track of all the new faces and names though. :(

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Though i must say, hopefully, when i get broad band, i may be able to spend more time in chat (if thats considered part of the time on Sorcerers) :p

16. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Need a selection for less than 1 hour per day. I'm more like a one hour a week type of person.

17. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Waitaminute... You mean... It's possible to... to... to N-NOT be on SP? Just a second.
    <Closes the window.>
    HOLY F***ING S***!
    <opens IE again, goes back here.>
    I have seen the real world... and it is not pretty.

18. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I actually spend less time at SP lately. I'm just to busy with other things. I used to come here daily, but now I'm lucky if I can come twice a week.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Likewise, Silverblade.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.