1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How much time you spent per day and where have you been in the forum?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by teekc, Dec 18, 2002.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i am just wondering.

i came to SP when i started playing BG2 but i didn't pay any attention to the forum. Then i wrote an faq for IWD2, so i started to visit the forum frequently hoping to find something new to rip for my faq each time. Then i start to linger, making stops in the playground, iwd2 and whatnot.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: How much time you spent per day and where have you been in the forum? (31 votes.)

How much time you spent per day in the forum? (Choose 1)
    * 1 hr or less - 26% (8)
    * 1 ~ 2 hrs - 39% (12)
    * 2 ~ 3 hrs - 19% (6)
    * 3 ~ 4 hrs - 6% (2)
    * 4 ~ 5 hrs and above - 10% (3)

Where have you been in the forum everytime? (multiple answers) (Choose 20)
    * Icewind Dale II - 42% (13)
    * The Temple of Elemental Evil - 23% (7)
    * Neverwinter Nights - Game - 26% (8)
    * Neverwinter Nights - Toolset - 16% (5)
    * Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal - 65% (20)
    * Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - 68% (21)
    * Baldur's Gate - 42% (13)
    * Icewind Dale - 29% (9)
    * Planescape: Torment - 35% (11)
    * Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - 10% (3)
    * The Playground - 58% (18)
    * Whatnots - 94% (29)
    * Alley of Dangerous Angles - 58% (18)
    * Sorcerous Sundries - 81% (25)
    * Booktalk - 39% (12)
    * Creativity Surge - 32% (10)
    * Roleplay Corner - 16% (5)
    * Dungeons & Dragons - 26% (8)
    * The Phlan Crier - 3% (1)
    * AORTA Guild Quarters - 0% (0)

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I really don't have a set time, you know, because it's really dependant on my mood. I mean, I can stay for hours or just a few minutes. *shrugs* Those moods, silly things, aren't they?

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 4-5 hours - most forums :thumb:

4. teekc Gems: 23/31

Another side reason i want to post poll is to see how popular Pool of Radiance forum (and the game) is.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Check the forum itself, and it will al become clear..
    in other words: NOT!!

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Once I was extremely active.
    Now I just drift through Whatsnot.. Whatnots *ehem* and Sundries.

And occasionally Creative Surge, When Yerril, Dargorn or Earl gets something goin'

I have a period each month, where I go Chatrooming for a whopping hour or so.

PS. Indeed I am amazed by Tal's dedication and devotion. He just keeps going and going and going.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Baldur's Gate II was my primary interesting two years ago. I came to this wonderful site because of that game. Now, thanks to BGII, I'm addicted to SP and I play D&D.

I don't play BGII anymore, but I sometimes give advice there - and I go there every day. Even though newbies have taken over that place. ;) :p Whatnots is a nice place to look at all the rantings of the collective insanity of SP. I contribute sometimes. ;) My favorites are Creativity Surge and Roleplay Corner. I like reading the Fiction (although only occassionally something good turns up), and I check there often to further 8people's and my Forum Adventures. Naturally, I like Roleplay Corner because I'm playing D&D with a few SPers. :)

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] When I first found SP all that time ago I looked around all the great resources and the forums too. I was so impressed with the place I joined up that first time and posted away like mad lol. Even after so many house moves and delays in getting back online, oh and those coupla arguments with my [phone company (they tried pulling the fast one and then didn't realise i was serious about my threat if they didn't fix my phone line properly) I always come back. And this time, I've corrupted another as a sacrifce BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil: :grin:

Forgot to actually say, I look in most of the boards and spend at least 4 or 5 hours here, just to keep up with them :lol:

[ December 19, 2002, 02:52: Message edited by: Vermillion ]

9. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I, like so many, started off on the BGII forum, and realized one day that there were many other forums! To waste my time at! Yay! I barely have enough time to check out Whatnots and Sundries in a day--I'm very impressed with the people that find the time (and even have something to say) in every single forum. That's dedication

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I, too, started from the BG2 forums, and got addicted. I spend as much time here as I can, be it only 15 mins or eight hours... :D

Ara
    (Addict and proud of it)

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

With a distinct lack of originality, I'll just say that I first came for BGII, but only recently, (that is to say, during Christmas break), did I realize just how much there is in the forums. As to the other question, 1-2 hours on average, that is, when I remember to log off when I leave. :)

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Actually started out on just checking the news on the main page until I found out about the boards. IWD2 was my first forum but now it mostly is the playground as for gameforums, and whatnots the alley and booktalk for the misc. forums

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I check POR:2 only if there is a chance to bag it out :)
    And I also started on BG2, and didn't leave it for a long time

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I spend all the time i can, but i have no net :( .
    Started at BG2 and drifted to Whatnots and random babbling.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I like the Energizer Bunny association. :lol:

Anyway, time to discover another forum, Sorcerous Sundries. Where this topic is being moved right now. ;)

16. teekc Gems: 23/31

i was thinking that i could get away with this because
    A) there are more people in whatnots
    B) i thought Sorcerous Sundries is for comments, complains, hello and goodbye and i could argue for this poll being posts in whatnots. (i'll pass on the argue part since i am not young and arrogant as i was anymore.)

However it seems that someone is constantly monitoring the forum. Don't you have anything else to do? Couldn't you go to save the world or something? arrrggggggg

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah, you thought you knew what the forum is about, but didn't actually read the forum description? It says in the first line "For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place and Boards O' Magick." Your post couldn't fit into SS more completely if you tried.

And the argument "more people here" is not an argument at all. If that was a valid argument, then we wouldn't need any other forums, everyone'd just post in Whatnots.

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's futile to disagree with Mighty Tal, of course, but technically, this thread should be put in Whatnots. Sorcerous Sundries deals with SP and the Boards themselves. This thread concerns the people of the Boards.

19. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just found this place 1-2 weeks ago or so, after getting BG2 and looking around for help.

Someone at TeamBG gave me a link to here to get the downloads for the special merchants in BG2.

I mostly stay at the BG1/BG2 boards, Whatnots and Sorcerous Sundries.
    1-2 hours at least.
    Time flies when posting... :D

20. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] C'Jakob, you're trying to point out that I don't know my own forum division? Well, this is a first. "For posts dealing exclusively with Sorcerer's Place and Boards O' Magick" obviously means everything connected with Boards O' Magick, which (since I obviously have to elaborate) means posting, private messages, topics, forums, icons, smilies, software itself etc., and, above all, PEOPLE who post on the boards. Without people, there are no boards. That's why hello's and goodbye's also go in here. Because they only concern the PEOPLE who post on the boards, no one else.

I thought this was blindingly obvious, but I guess I'll have to change the description to make it dead obvious.

[ December 20, 2002, 11:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.