1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: iPod Shuffle poll

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Harbourboy, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] OK - so I got an iPod Shuffle for Christmas. I would never have bought one for myself but now I have one and (aside from the obvious), I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I know some of you have strong opinions about this so here goes:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: iPod Shuffle poll (13 votes.)

What should I do with the iPod Shuffle I got for Christmas? (Choose 1)
    * Use it and enjoy it - an iPod Shuffle is great for listening to on the bus - 46% (6)
    * Keep it and use it - but get a better iPod as well - 8% (1)
    * Keep it and use it - but get another digital music device as well - 8% (1)
    * Sell it and get a better iPod - 8% (1)
    * Sell it and get a different device - 23% (3)
    * Sell it and don't replace it - digital music is a waste of time - 8% (1)
    * Throw it away - it'll fall apart in a week anyway - 0% (0)

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I'm just jumping in to say I got one too, and have no idea how to even use the thing.

I know my dial-up connection will be a real drag when it comes to downloading new songs too. :(

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dial-up is not too much of a problem because it would take me ages to get through loading up my own CDs onto my PC so it will be ages before I even need to think about downloading songs. iPod Shuffle can only hold about 100 songs so I can easily satisfy that from my own CDs.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Get rid of it. :thumb:

Who would waste $100 on a Mp3 player that has no screen, and little more than a play button, next, and an on/off button? Bah, it's garbage!

If you want something that holds a ton of music, get the Creative Zen Touch. For something a bit smaller, but still able to hold a lot of music, get the Creative Zen Micro. And for something tiny, but still able to hold a fair amount of music, get the Creative Zen Nano.

Apple stole the "Nano" name from Creative by the way. :smash: :nono: :rolling:

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

And oh, in addition to Kitrax's post - avoid creative products.

Every single creative product I've had after 2000 has been a piece of trash. Mostly driver-side, though.

6. Harbourboy

Because someone like me is too lazy and/or incompetent to use any more than one or two buttons (hence the reason I don't have a Playstation - video games were great when there was just a joystick and a fire button). The absolute simplicity of this device is appealing to me at the moment. I plug it into my PC, automatically grab some music, when I get on the bus I push PLAY and I don't need to do or think about anything else.

Anyway, I didn't spend any money on it because I got it as a gift.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Sell the piece of crap and get a Zen Micro. Apple sucks :smash:

8. Harbourboy

I've never seen a Zen Micro in New Zealand. What if it costs more? Then I'd be out of pocket.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Dude...a rock can operate a Zen Micro. :rolleyes:
    But more realisticly, my 5 year old neise was able to scrool through all 400+ songs to find 'The Wedding Singer Soundtrack' playlist, and play her favorite song from that list...which saddly, is 'Priavate Idaho' from the B52's. Poor girl... :shake: :rolling:

10. Harbourboy

But with my iPod Shuffle, I don't have to scroll at all....

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey, Kitrax, let's start an Anti-IPod fanclub and blackmail Apple so they'll stop making crap :evil:

No, seriously, HB, Kitrax is right, the Zen Micro is probably the simplest thing I saw in my whole life. Trash that crap iPod :smash: and get a Zen Micro :thumb:

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I like iPods - mine has been faithful for over a year now.

However, the shuffle is the biggest waste of crap ever. Don't spend 100 dollars for 124 songs. Spend the 250 or 300 for 5000+ songs... or, you can go to Creative if you want, but I highly suggest getting rid of the shuffle.

EDIT: I voted get rid of it and get another device, because if you don't like Apple, you could go to another provider. Its your choice on another device, but definately sack the shuffle.

13. Harbourboy

Yeah, but I already have the iPod Shuffle for free, so it's price is irrelevant. If I sell and buy something else, it would cost me money and I don't have a lot of spare money. So I think I will be keeping it for the time being and trying it out to see how it goes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.