1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Poll on Forum Adventures

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Mar 8, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've just got a lil poll here - I would like peoples input into it and replies to their votes.

I am thinking of starting another FA and have a few lined up but would like to see what you guys are interested in.

BTW - the rulset, you won't see the die thrown and stuff, just determines how difficult things are, spells, items, abilities, races, classes and how easy it is to write. DI you may not have heard of - it has a better range of stuff yet easier to use IMO - all FAs I have done (Apart from freedom of the Island) use DI

Poll Information
    This poll contains 5 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Poll on Forum Adventures (15 votes.)

Protagonists (Main characters :thumb: ) (Choose 1)
    * Single person - 13% (2)
    * One or two people - 40% (6)
    * A fully controlled group/party - 13% (2)
    * A Main character and independant followers/group members - 33% (5)

Where should it be set? (Choose 1)
    * Chirofen - Kinstorfen (Higher Plane) - 7% (1)
    * Chirofen - Chritch (Middle Plane) - 13% (2)
    * Chirofen - Casrower (Lower Plane) - 20% (3)
    * Athkatla (BG2, try one here if requested ;) ) - 20% (3)
    * Anemalin - Planet of Water - 7% (1)
    * The Moon :roll: (More futuristic FA) - 13% (2)
    * Emicralis - A land where Fantasy and Modern landscapes collide and Dragons roam - 20% (3)

What alingment should the Protagonists be based upon (Choose 1)
    * Good :angel: - 20% (3)
    * Neutral :heh: - 47% (7)
    * Evil :evil: - 33% (5)

Which rulest should the story be set? (Spells and fighting) (Choose 1)
    * D&D - The wimpy ruleset :p - 13% (2)
    * DI - An elite rulset with unique powerful spells and range of items and abilites - 40% (6)
    * er... don't mind/care (Remember rulesets just determine spells and stats, DI ruleset is easier to use, unless you hadn't guessed - I like it :p ) - 47% (7)

How much freedom should there be? (Choose 1)
    * Complete freedom - we have to get things by reading detailed descriptions carefully - no limit to what we do - 20% (3)
    * Lots of freedom but with some clues - 33% (5)
    * Plenty of choices, a few hints and clues and loads of paths to take - 33% (5)
    * Rather strict but with lots of paths to follow - 7% (1)
    * Fairly set storyline but with a bit of choice regarding how we et to the end - 7% (1)
    * Rigid story-line with only one or two paths - 0% (0)

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Aha, now that you have seen that I also started a FA, mister 8people starts another FA! Want to compete eh! Seriously though, I think I'm the one who's competing...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Mister? :rolleyes:
    Where did you get that from?

Honestly I was planning on starting one a while ago but have only mustered the inclination and boredom to do so, I noticed you had done an FA but I won't start it if you rather I waited :sleep:

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

:lol:
    You don't have wait with your FA just becouse I say so. You're completely free to do that of course! And er you are female I suppose...

5. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Either that or I've been living a lie, my friend :thumb:

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Could you tell us a bit about Chirofen? The second question in the poll is quite useless if you don't know anything about it.

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Chirofen - it has three planes - Kinstorfen, Chritch and Casrower.

It has 50 races and many more classes that DnD
    There are countless monster ans creatures and Dragons are dominant. Each race has a god that serves the Eight, they reside in the Unreachable Ledge of Mt. Phoenix in Chritch, they are simply called Racials

Kinstorfen has many faerie, Elven and demi-human races consisting of a continent and an island, 10 countries on the continent, five of which are often at war, the many forests are often key in skirmishes and battles and for the innocents to hide in. the Main God of Kinstorfen is Trinatay of the Eight though the Racials are worshipped too. The main races are Veela, Devils, Angels, Fey, Sidhe, Gargoyals, Harpies, Dracons, Gyllian, Banshee, Drow, Elves, and the occasional race from Casrower after the great rift.

Chritch is the tilted plane, with five islands and a continent which has eight very large countries and a Dragons Territory - Suicide to travel there. The Islands north of the Continent - Fearenia - are Denevros; a desert island, Hanberth; A lush green island and Moria; A rather mountainous yet prosperous island. South of Fearenia is Xanzetz, an outcast island of snow and ice and sharp mountains. And Frostfire where it is so cold and magical it will burn you with intense cold. People get along here and the races are mainly Humans, giants, ogres, centaurs, aborests, dryads, cairntaurs, tauros, tearus, zebrum, zebredum, lycanthropes, dracons but also other races come here for the protection of the four Gods Thomas, Murphey, Hannah and Dolina and the great academy providing portals to everywhere.

Casrower has two continents and a small island of Gorgons called Granthon. The Continents - Foret adn Foret Prime are rather different. Foret being mainly forests with a few rocky areas to the North and South while Foret Prime has a desert in the north occupying a quater of the continent and to the South an extinc Volcano housing most of a country. altogether there are 23 countries and the races include Snake Miz, Minotaurs, Molluscatents, Paraquets, Butterfleet, Caninets, Fauns, Gnomes, Gyllian, Catalink, Sphinx, Osterikch, beefleet, Orcs, Goblins, Dracons and Trolls... oh and Gorgons. (crowded map!) The main God is Anmin

Needless to say if I set a FA here it will have sufficient info on wher you are. There is also a topic I started on the geography of Chirofen somewhere if you can search for it, if you want more info

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

8people - your setting is probably far too much for anyone to remember. Although that is a lot of creativity there, I think that I would support a setting where more people are familiar with, such as FR, or a standard fantasy world. Or something without too much complication. Just my two cents.

I feel that the rules should be freeformed.

As for the story, it depends. If you want a fun romp through the world, go crazy with the plot, and let everyone have more choices. Conversely, if you want a more focused plot, which means a more intruiging storyline (perhaps), like I wanted with my FA, then limit the choices. The former idea is much like a game; the latter is much like an interactive story. The former is D&D; the latter is Final Fantasy.

I'd like a character/party who could make their own choices, and not have to be classified as Good/Evil, or even Law/Chaos, or whatever axis there might be.

Sorry, but what is DI?

9. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have to say that all those FA's are just so bloody irritating. You all have enough FA's. Let them end and maybe you can make another FA together.

(I know, I am sounding mean)

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

FA's are cool!

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Eze, FAs usually don't go very far. To my knowledge, only one has actually been completed. Which is why we need to make so many of 'em! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.