1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Rate me

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Sniper, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If its permitted, please post your thoughts here. Basically, I'm gonna ask 2 questions and you gotta rate them out of ten. I want you to be honest in this and i'm not going to take too much offence or ego expansion whatnot from your votes. Anyway, if i'm in the wrong forum, please re-situate me to the appropriate one as i'm usure where this kind of topic should be...

Okay shoot

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 67 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Rate me (67 votes.)

What do you think of me? (Choose 1)
    * 1 (I hate your guts and can't even stad the thought of you) - 4% (3)
    * 2 (I dislike you enormously and i won't miss you) - 1% (1)
    * 3 (I dislike you and probably wouldn't miss you) - 1% (1)
    * 4 (I think you are slightly dodgy but i can tolerate you) - 6% (4)
    * 5 (Average or i've never seen you before) - 12% (8)
    * 6 (Yeah you're ... okay i suppose) - 18% (12)
    * 7 (Yeah you're okay ... not a bad fellow) - 39% (26)
    * 8 (I like you and think you are one cool dude) - 13% (9)
    * 9 (You are really cool and would like you to be my mate) - 3% (2)
    * 10 (You could be a best friend / (girls - I'd want you as a boyfriend!) - 1% (1)

How much quality is there in my posts? (Choose 1)
    * 1 (you are spam king period) - 3% (2)
    * 2 (90% of your posts are complete rubbish) - 6% (4)
    * 3 (You spam more then anything else really) - 1% (1)
    * 4 (You tend to spam more often then not but you have acouple good posts) - 21% (14)
    * 5 (posts are so - so) - 19% (13)
    * 6 (you do give more quality posts then not) - 21% (14)
    * 7 (you are quite quiet on the spam ... good job) - 21% (14)
    * 8 (You do mostly well developed, knowledgable posts) - 4% (3)
    * 9 (Almost a Taluntain) - 3% (2)
    * 10 (Knowledge King) - 0% (0)

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I chose 7 in both questions :)

You ARE a quite nice fellow :)

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It'll get moved to SS where all these "how am I doing" polls will go. :p

Sniper or anyone else, don't worry about how you are doing. If you aren't doing good, the mods will tell you.

4. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Guess who picked 10 for the first question? :shake:

5. Big B Gems: 27/31

If you two get married someday...

:p

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Woo someone hates my guts! kewl! Now, name yourself villian ;) Heck, i don't care if you state your name or not. My opinion of you will probably remain unchanged and i'm not about to start an argument.

Go ahead, name yourself :) I'm intrigued

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Wasn't me!!!
    I promise!!

8. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Heh, I gave you an 8 and a 5.
    You're a good guy, Snipe, but some of your posts are utter spam. :p
    No offence, of course, you're a nice guy.
    :)

9. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What a bloody stupid post!

You say you won't take offence, no matter what people say, and you say you won't get any ego boost.

So what's the bloody point in this post?

Personally I voted '2' in both Questions. Pah. You annoy me quite considerably in the chat room, the way you talk gives me a headache after a while. And, to be quite honest, just like this post mostly everything you do on the boards is spam.

I sincerely hope posts like this won't become more prevalent now that you have 'opened the way' for the newbies. *Sigh* You really couldn't have set a worse example.

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] You really are an ass sometimes Herf. You know you're not as great as you think, I for one have very little respect for you. All you seem to do is moan and groan about newbies this and spam that. You act like you freaking own the site. Quite a while ago you flamed anyone who didn't like Slipknot. Then you went nice, and you were a fun, nice person to talk to. But now you're...well... I won't say it, but you should maybe take a good, long look at yourself before you go pointing out other people's problems.

I like you Sniper, I don't love you, but you're a nice person to have on the boards. Your posts are serious and silly where appropiate. Keep posting. ;)

[ November 09, 2002, 00:29: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

11. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Urm, Z... Shush, just close your mouth, sit on your hands and speak [type] not another word.

'You know you're not as great as you think'
    Indeed. In that last post where, oh where, did it ever give an inkling into the way I think I utterly great and fantastic I am? Nowhere. Also, where in my last three months of posting has it ever gave an insight into how truly wonderful I think I am? Nowhere, so shush.

'All you seem to do is moan and groan about newbies this and spam that'
    Uhm, I think I've posted about ten times in the last four months of my being here... Most of those posts are in PS:T, SS or BG2. Not many of my posts were in Whatnots, and a very small minority of them were discussing spam.

'You act like you freaking own the site'
    No, I do not own the site. I would like to, but I don't. However, I do seem to have been here MORE THAN DOUBLE the time that you have. So shush n00b, just shush.

'Quite a while ago you flamed anyone who didn't like Slipknot. Then you went nice, and you were a fun, nice person to talk to'
    Imperative word in those sentences being 'Quite' meaning more than a year ago. A lot can happen in a year. And, especially in the teenage years, a person can change a helluvalot. That was all back in 'the days' when you could sit on the boards for a good 20 minutes without anyone posting. Back in the days when a total of three people emerged in the chat on a daily basis for the fantastical conversation consisting of Hello, Goodbye with a few guttural grunts inbetween.

'But now you're...well... I won't say it'
    Oh, no, please, do say it. Please, feel free to vent your anger, you've been pretty much open and honest so far, why stop now? SHUSH!

'but you should maybe take a good, long look at yourself before you go pointing out other people's problems.'
    Uhm, Z, this whole topic is an opinion about how we view Sniper. I gave my opinion. No self analysis required. I think you just completely missed the point of the topic. If self analysis was required then the topic would be called 'Rate Yourself' but no, the topic swas called 'Rate Me' with Sniper as the subject.

Go home little boy. If you wish to continue this discussion then take it to PM. The boards are not here for personal grievances.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] How convenient, I was about to say the same thing. Take it to PM. I don't want to see any more insults here from anyone.

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

LOL Sir Yerril, i remember those days well ... :p
    Those were a good one and three quarter years ago.

Friendly pointer to Herf:
    I am curious of what people think about me. I've always been curious on where i stand and I've always asked these questions out in real life.

By the way, i stated that

I didn't say that i wouldn't take offence or not have an ego boost. I merely said that i'm ot going to take too much offence etc. in the meaning that I'll try and control what i feel.

Anyway, i thought you would rate me on the lower scales. And to be honest, I'm not bothered or surprised.

Anyway, post away people on your thoughts about me. :)

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Herf, not everyone has to be an emotional marathon man. If Sniper wants to hear our ,the cybergeeks', opinions why can't have evaluate them with an easy mind? Thats the bloody point of this toppic, to use your words.

Edit;
    Oh almost forgot the toppic. As to you Sniper. I never think we've had one single conversation. Not one single post we shared. Weird but true. I won't rate you. We care for very different toppics and happenings; and not for eachother, I suppose.
    -------------------------------------------------

Excuse me for going out of toppic Sniper and Yerril, but what is masterbating?
    Some kind of surplus ingredient for salmon fishing? Just flick and dip, I say.

[ November 11, 2002, 01:12: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Nobleman, havn't we spoken in the chatrooms acouple of times? :hmm:

sidenote on Sir Yerrils reference: I couldn't spell at the time :)

17. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I was a bit worried about Sniper during recent events in DC, but now I think he's probably ok. Not that I'm going to remove the GPS tracker implanted in his brain or anything.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Recent events in DC? Wha? Whats that? When was that?

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i answered 7 and then 4... i a gotta be honest or else the medicians will come and buzz me again...'

See Ya

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Thats okay matey. That is after all, what i am asking for. A bit of honesty never hurt anyone!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.