1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Summer Movies!

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Kitrax, May 3, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so this summer is going to have a *lot* of movies that look pretty good...well, to me at least. :p

My question is, of the dozens of movies that will be comming to theaters this spring and summer, which ones do you like, and which do you not like? :skeptic:

I made a poll that has some of the major 'blockbusters', and you get to vote "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" for each one. And relax, I only fixed two of the questions... :D :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 13 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Summer Movies! (17 votes.)

MI3 (Mission Impossible 3) (Tom Cruise) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 24% (4)
    * Thumbs Down - 76% (13)

Poseiden (Kurt Russel) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 35% (6)
    * Thumbs Down - 65% (11)

X3 (X-Men 3: The Last Stand) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 76% (13)
    * Thumbs Down - 24% (4)

Superman Returns (Brandon Routh) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 12% (2)
    * Thumbs Down - 88% (15)

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest ( Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 76% (13)
    * I'm blind, so I have no idea how hot Keira Knightley really is (thumbs up) :p - 24% (4)

Miami Vice (Jamie Foxx, Colin Farrell) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 12% (2)
    * Thumbs Down - 88% (15)

The DaVinci Code (Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 41% (7)
    * I haven't read the book yet (automatic thumbs up) - 59% (10)

The Breakup (Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Aniston) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 24% (4)
    * Thumbs Down - 76% (13)

Nacho Libre (Jack Black) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 24% (4)
    * Thumbs Down - 76% (13)

Click (Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale, Christopher Walken) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 41% (7)
    * Thumbs Down - 59% (10)

Little Man (Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 18% (3)
    * Thumbs Down - 82% (14)

Hoot (Luke Wilson) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 12% (2)
    * Thumbs Down - 88% (15)

Over the Hedge (Bruce Willis, Garry Shandling, Gene Wilder, Eugene Levy)(voices) (Choose 1)
    * Thumbs Up - 41% (7)
    * Thumbs Down - 59% (10)

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Alright, who gave X3 thumbs down? :shame:

It's gonna be the epitome of awesomeness.

3. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Only X-men 3 looks any good.

4. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    MI:3... well, as much as I like Tom Cruise, he just can't save this sinking franchise. It was bad in MI, it was worse in MI:2, and it can probably only get worse in MI:3. Thumbs down :(

I enjoyed X-men immensely, and X-men2 even more, so here is to hoping that X-men3 manages to surpass its predecessors. :)

I didn't really like Batman Begins, so I am highly skeptical about Superman Returns (although it is directed by Bryan Singer, the man who gave us the yummy X-men and X-men2). Thumbs down :skeptic:

I surprisingly had a whole lot of fun in Pirates of the Caribbean, as the movie was saved, only by Johnny Depp's wonderful performance as the eccentric but absolutely insane and hilarious Jack Sparrow. Here is to hoping that he can pull it off again Arrr! Thumbs up for this, Matey!

DaVinci Code... well, never read the book, and I don't think that I ever will. Doesn't really appeal to me... so, a thumbs down, I'm afraid.

Bruce Willis... he is so cool, that any movie that he acts in gets an automatic thumbs up. No question asks. That aside, the trailer looks pretty promising. It had me laughing in stitches, so that has to be a good thing right?

The other movies get a thumbs down, as they do not sound very appealing/never heard of it/do not like the actors/do not care. Pick whichever is suitable :cool:

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I gave X3 a thumbs down. Not a fan of X-men films, not really. Plus, I don;t like Archangel, he gets on my nerves.

The others, well, the comedy ones look good (More Wayans bros, yay!), but Colin Farrell? Yuck.

And Keira Knightly in by no means hot. Why do you think we sent her to Hollywood? :D

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Sorry Kit I would have voted but there wasn't a don't give a damn answer as I don't know about this film.

But answers would have been

MI:3 I'd watch if it was a rainy day and there was nothing else on. Not a fan of the talentless dwarf.

Poseidon didn't like the original can't see me liking this one

X3 been waiting for this one hope it doesn't disappoint and is as good as the first 2. Best comic adaptation by hollywood.

Superman Returns oh please hated the comic, hated the first films, will this be better unlikely.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Jack Sparrow one of Depp's finest creations, anticipating this one.

Miami Vice would someone come up with something original please, no wouldn't be the same

DaVinci Code have read the book and read the supposed shock ending before in other works of a more historical nature, not interested in the film

The Breakup know nothing about this sounds like a lame rom/com dismiss as chick flick

Nacho Libre redeeming feature for this is Jack Black, probably will catch it at some stage.

Click again no idea but Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale make it worth a look-over

The rest never heard of and need to know more about. Cartoons come in two forms as far as i'm concerned Anime and Manga :lol:

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I'm with DS. THe only movie on your list that's worth the price of the babysitter is Pirates of the Caribbean. The rest... MI:3 and X3 are likely rentals. I *might* spring for DaVinci Code when it comes on pay-per-view, but that's about it. The rest aren't worth the effort of scrolling down, IMO.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    :lol: Rally, you know, two of the movies I listed are family type movies... :p

I *was* a fan of Tom Cruise...until he turned out to be a weirdo, and MI2 and Minority Report really sucked. I won't be seeing MI3...or any of his other movies he makes after this.

I never liked any of the superman movies, and this new one isn't going to change anything. :skeptic: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.