1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Avril Lavigne Topic

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Rednik, May 4, 2004.

1. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Taking a bit of advice from Tal, this topic is made to discuss Avril Lavigne. Opinions are welcome, and please answer the poll. Hell, this should be made into a sticky.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 38 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: The Avril Lavigne Topic (38 votes.)

Is Avril Lavigne hot? (Choose 1)
    * She is so hot - 55% (21)
    * She looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame - 45% (17)

Can she sing? (Or is she a phony?) (Choose 1)
    * She sings like an angel - 37% (14)
    * I change the channel when I hear her on MTV - 63% (24)

Is Avril Lavigne a rocker or a wannabe? (Choose 1)
    * Her take on rock changed my life - 29% (11)
    * She's just another Britney Spears, only without the looks. - 71% (27)

2. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't listen to music, so quite naturally, i chose the second option for the last 2. As for her looks, i've seen better

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Dude. seriously. I mean, like, Avril Lavigne is the greatest thing to happen to the corporate music scene since Billy Idol.

BTW, you poll answers are a little extreme. I didn't vote because none of the answers match what I think.

I would have picked, had they been there,

1) She's nice looking, but her hair being contantly statically charged is a little annoying. Ever heard of hair spray?

2) Her singing is good. (That song about not being fake is pretty catchy) But I only wish (god if only) that Sk8ter Boi (WTF? Spell much?) would crash like a burning blimp (which is kinda the feeling I get every time I hear it).

3) Not a rocker. Not a poser. Just someone who crones on about love in EVERY song, just like everyone else in MTV land.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Maybe some kind of middle road in your poll would be advisable, the option are kinda extreme.

Because of that I had to vote for the second at the tree questions. Mainly because she cannot sing live, absolutely dreadfull and when a 'singer' cannot sing live she cannot sing.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Damn I couldn't answer question 3 since both answers where so far appart mu oppinion wasn't there :S But like I said She is a could girl that once in a while has a song that doesn't sound bad. But most of her music just sucks. I hope she will make a song with Anal C*nt though....

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

She's hot, she has a pretty decent voice and she makes pretty tuneful and melodic songs.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I couldn't vote on the beutey thing. I dont see her as attractive or ugly, rather too young for my tastes. She's what? 15? As for the rock, I think she's a pop star playing rock wannabe.

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I think she's my age ... 19?

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

1. She's ugly, but then, 98% of all celebreties are, so it doesn't make any different.

2. I never have MTV on, and even if I did, I would definatly change the channel if she came on.

3. One of my policy is that if it's on MTV, it's ethier Soul, Rn'B, Rap, Pop, or other pop-curtural music and with her, it's no exception. Rock-star wannabe as hell. She will be forgotten in a year or two.

10. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Who is she? I think I've heard the name, but I don't think I know what she looks like nor do I know any of her music.

11. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@Caleb, not true just the other night they had Guns N' Roses on the WHOLE night. It was awesome.

About Avril. She's a rock wannabe who thinks its badass to be completely original and extremely cruel to fans. Th ereason why shes "dying" is because she can't connect with any of her friends, not like the oled bands like Led Zep and the such.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Hmm. Doesn't look like I can edit the poll. If you are in the middle of the road, just vote for the good one I guess.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've heard her sing live once, and it was horrible. When you hear her on TV and on the radio, it sounds like she has a really good voice, but in reality, it isn't anything like that.

Luckily for her they can do some pretty amazing stuff in the recording studios nowadays. I bet they could even make it look like i can sing. :D

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

She is ugly or well very average if you like. Her music is rubbish, it is aimed at 7 – 12 year olds. Her music is not rock and she is not a rock chick. I can make far better music with my guitar alone but unfortunately, it does not sell very well and make record companies lots of money. The only reason 99.9% of this rubbish is in the charts/radio is because it sells, it is not that they are great musicians.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Yes and it sells because it is music that people like to listen to. Therefore if its music that people like to listen to it is good music is it not? Also if it is crap or rubbish then why would people listen to it? I wouldn't listen to something that is crap or rubbish. Actually thinking about it, nothing in the music industry that is hitting the charts or whatnot is actually crap, rubbish or whatever. I might not like r&b or garage but I can't say that its crap or rubbish because it isn't. People like it and listen to it.

Yeah I bet I can make tunes that might perhaps sound a bit more technical or meaning full then hers and you probably can but then again, think about it this way. Whose buying our records and whose buying hers? Thinking about it, the band i used to be in sold roughly 20 or so EPs which is quite cool i guess...

16. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

How did you work that one out :wave:

Err no :lol:

Hehe, if you like Avril Lavigne then you most certainly do :wave:

Crap is exactly what it is.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Actually, I tend to agree with Sniper. Much as I dislike most of what is in the charts, it must be pretty popular with a lot of people. A lot of people get really snobby when it comes to music and automatically hate anything that too many other people like. But, what the hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess.

Avril Lavigne is reasonably harmless to listen to when she comes on the radio but I would be surprised if she is still popular in a few years time (but then again, I said the same about Britney Spears and she has just had one of her biggest hits ever).

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Haha, Sarevok Anchev, you cracked me up.
    I agree, Just because something is popular doesn't mean its good, take Bush for example...

19. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't mind her music, but then again music is music and I'll listen to anything that doesn't annoy me.

As for her looks she needs to get in the sn for a while, she's almost transperant.

20. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

:yot:
    Hang in there Sniper.The first band I was in sold around 100 copies of our first album.IT is realy hard for a new unsigned , unmanaged band to sell records.
    The learning curve is steep.I have three words for you PROMOTE,PROMOTE,PROMOTE.
    Fifteen years later with the final album I played on we managed to sell around 10,000 copies,and this was all done on our own with no label and no management so hang in there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.