1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What flash memory cards do you use?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Kitrax, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so I just bought an "11-in-1" memory card reader. Since there are at least 11 different types of memory cards, I'm making a poll to find out who uses what type.

I use a Secure Digital card for my digital camera, and my Zen Micro uses a MicroDrive (though, you're not supposed to know that, or remove it), and I also have a "flash drive"...you know, the little portable gadgets that look like this. (Please excuse the U of Utah logo on the drive, it was just the first picture I could find quickly.)

So, how about you? :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 7 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What flash memory cards do you use? (7 votes.)

What flash memory card(s) do you use? (Choose 14)
    * Compact Flash Type 1 - 43% (3)
    * Compact Flash Type 2 - 29% (2)
    * Microdrive - 14% (1)
    * MultiMedia - 0% (0)
    * Secure Digital - 57% (4)
    * Smart Media - 14% (1)
    * Memory Stick - 29% (2)
    * Memory Stick PRO - 14% (1)
    * MagicGate - 0% (0)
    * xD-Picture Card - 14% (1)
    * Flash memory "drive" (Also known by Windows XP as a "USB Mass Storage Device") - 57% (4)
    * Other - Please list - 0% (0)
    * None - 0% (0)
    * Just the results for me. - 0% (0)

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    A Flash Memory drive. Specifically, Sandisk's Cruzer Mini, 1 gigabyte. Works wonderfully well, and I got it for a good price at the time.

I've used other Flash Memory drives in the past, but this one's the best I've had.

3. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I use the CFI and CF2 for my two digital cannon cameras. I love the quality of the camers but I hate how the CF functions with my card reader.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Secure Digital for both digital camera and MP3 player. Yes, yes, MP3 players with an extension slot are on the verge of extinction, I know. But hey, I can cram 1.5 gig of songs into that damn player using a 1.0 gig card.

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Secure Digital by far - twice (well almost) as cheap as the other varieties, available in larger sizes and the most compatable form.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.