1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What Type of Game?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What type of game are the people of SP looking for? And yes, I'm asking this becasue I want to run a game here.

And if anyone wants to know where to find some of these rulebooks: Pathwanderer and Darker Days

[ April 01, 2003, 11:08: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What Type of Game? (18 votes.)

What Type of Game? (Choose 1)
    * Cyberpunk (probably using the Darker Days system) - 0% (0)
    * Far into the future Sci-Fi game (probably using Pathwanderer system, unless there is a better one) - 0% (0)
    * Low fantasy high realism low magic (using Pathwanderer) - 17% (3)
    * High Fantasy to hell with realism (2E D&D) - 61% (11)
    * Modern (Pathwanderer unless there is a better one) - 0% (0)
    * Other (specify) - 22% (4)

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I enjoy High fantasy with senses of realism. I debated this with you before, Aikanaro, and I still hold that such games (D&D, mostly) can be realistic in very abstract terms.

Well, maybe not high fantasy, as I'm sick of Elven wizards and Orcish barbarian hordes, so I would love to see a new twist or three with your bread 'n' butter world.

I don't think Modern campaigns will get off the ground easily, but that's just my opinion. I don't think d20 Modern was exactly the best-selling RPG, if you know what I mean.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'm amazed that so many people would want to play 2E after all the bashing its recieved elsewhere

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Probably because there is no option for 3E D&D.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I was rather hoping that people would be a bit more adventurous and try something different. But anyhow, looks like a 2E game has an overwhelming majoritory

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

You know, I am quite hesitant to do 2E. I will be glad to introduce you to 3E, if you want to learn the newfangled, whippersnappering system. ;) You won't even have to buy anything, I promise.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Heh, I already have the cut and slashed up online version of 3E and can't say that I like it or can be bothered memorizing it as well as I have with 2E.
    But I'm hesitant to do 2E as well. I was realy hoping people would want to try something different :(

8. Deimos Phenom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Y'know, if you'd caught me about a year and a half ago, I would have jumped all over the idea of learning a new system. But since then, I've gone from simply knowing 2e to knowing: 3e, Vampire: the Masquerade, Hunter: the Reckoning, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Forgotten Realms (though that's not that much of a stretch), as well as working on two "homegrown" RPG's--Allegoria, with some friends, and Wanderer: The Lost Path by myself. Sooooooo, forgive me for having no inclination to learn more systems to scramble my already omelette-ized brain. But hey, I'd be all for making a 2e char. Haven't played 2e in a loooooong time. I miss it!

9. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I know no one will agree with me but i suggest running D10 legend of the fvie rings it's really quite good and in my opinion is far better than D&D not that D&D is bad but i like L5R much better.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.