1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Which Magazine Should I Subscribe to?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Enagonios, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I'm considering subscribing to an imported magazine. Which of these do you think I should subscribe to? Pertinent inormation is that I am a 21 year old heterosexual male :D

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 3 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Which Magazine Should I Subscribe to? (3 votes.)

Which Magazine Should I Subscribe to? (Choose 1)
    * Details - 0% (0)
    * GQ - 67% (2)
    * Esquire - 33% (1)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tough one. They're all pretty much the same idea really. GQ and Details are published by the same company, I think.

My opinion is that if you start reading this sort of magazine, you will find yourself feeling compelled to go out spend lots of money on expensive watches and clothes so that you can feel as sylish as everyone else you see within.

What do you want to get out of a subscription like this?

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    GQ, no doubt! Babes, fashion, cars, gadgets, beer... what else do you need from a magazine? :D

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@HB

Doubt it, I wont be able to afford anything :D

I guess I just want some constant light reading material. Also, the articles and features of these magazines are quite entertaining and occassionally informative ;)

@Barmy

Thanks for the recommendation, but out of curiousity, does this mean that you've only read GQ or have tried all 3 and find GQ the best? It's the most expensive Subscription. The Details and Esquire subscriptions come to around 70USD/year but the GQ is at around 80USD/year

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All three are virtually the same. Why not scrap the subscription and just buy whichever one looks like it has the best articles each month? Then you're not tied down to one or the other.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thats a good idea HB however if you buy a subscription to a magazine you generally save around 5o% of the cost of what you would be paying for it off the shelf each month.

I chose GQ because it was the one I most recognized out of the three titles.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Well, 2 votes over here for GQ and a couple from my friends for Details so I guess it's down to the 2 of them now.

@Dfly

50%? Really? That would be an awesome deal. Over here they only shave 20% off though..

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess it depends on when where and what you get a subscription for. I've seen offers that tell you that you will be saving 50% off the regular price but sometimes they are less. You always save some percentage with a subscription however.

9. Harbourboy

The only magazine I have ever subscribed to was Empire, which I no longer get because I never go to the movies any more.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Used to subscribe to Wizard back when I spent all my money on comics :D

Empire?

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

FHMFHMFHMFHM.

Meh, I'm trying to wrangle a subscription to Dragon, but I'd go for GQ in your list, even if it is a pretentious magazine.

12. Harbourboy

All three of those magazines are definitely at the 'pretentious' end of the scale.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.