1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who's your favorite NPC?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by SCKnight, Feb 3, 2005.

1. SCKnight Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Vote who your favorite character or characters are from Baldur's Gate II and Throne of Bhaal. You can tell why they are your favorite, if you like. You must post which character(s) you voted for, so I can ensure the fairness of this poll.
    I voted for:
    Imoen
    Aerie
    Anomen
    Minsc
    Cernd
    Keldorn
    Mazzy
    Valygar
    Viconia
    Jan Jansen
    Haer'Dalis
    Jaheira
    Nalia

[ February 07, 2005, 17:40: Message edited by: SCKnight ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 47 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who's your favorite NPC? (47 votes.)

Who's your favorite NPC? (Choose 17)
    * Imoen - 47% (22)
    * Aerie - 21% (10)
    * Anomen - 9% (4)
    * Minsc - 36% (17)
    * Edwin - 43% (20)
    * Cernd - 9% (4)
    * Keldorn - 28% (13)
    * Mazzy - 13% (6)
    * Nalia - 13% (6)
    * Valygar - 23% (11)
    * Sarevok - 30% (14)
    * Viconia - 45% (21)
    * Korgan - 26% (12)
    * Jan Jansen - 30% (14)
    * Haer'Dalis - 21% (10)
    * Jaheira - 32% (15)
    * Yoshimo - 13% (6)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted:
    Minsc - Right Boo?
    Edwin - Funny and A+ Socerer
    Valygar - Just a nice sad guy. I want to cheer him up.
    Sarevok - Top notch tank, great for evil party or good might be able to change him.
    Viconia - Great cleric and tank.
    Korgan - He is a one man army and scares all the other NPC's except Edwin.
    Jan Jansen - Just plain fun. I have to fight myself not to take him.

Some of the others are runners-up but not my favorites.

3. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I voted:

Minsc - because he makes a great right- hand man in any fight and he rarely complains no matter what you do.

Aerie - Because Jaheira gives her such a hard time for no reason. I'm sure she will apreciate some support.

4. Lord Sven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My party ;)

Imoen - she's my half-sister :p
    Anomen - Well with Crom Feyr and the Runehammer he kicks a bit of ass
    Minsc - Just love Boo
    Jan - Just love turnips :p
    Jaheira - Just love her :D

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Viconia - gotta have that raw divine Drow power.

Mazzy - love the idea of a halfling archer, plus her special powers are useful in tight situation. I wish I could have fitted Mazzy into my current party. maybe next time.

6. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I voted for...

Edwin - hysterically funny, especially the whole "Edwina" angle.

Minsc - 'nuff said, really.

Jaheira - she's a bit of a bitch, but she's had a tough life and her heart's in the right place.

Korgan - nearly as funny as Minsc, and much more crass.

Imoen - funny, without being annoying, but also gives the PC a bit more depth as well.

Valygar - serious, but likeable, and gets some good dialogue with Mazzy.

Viconia - the total bitch, who knows how damn good she is and has no problem telling people.

But number one would have to be Sarevok... he's the only NPC I look at as the PC's equal, but he's an equally tragic figure. ToB's designers did no disservice to the BG1 Sarevok, either - he's strong, he's capable, he's smart, and he's charismatic. The kind of guy you really want on your side, either out of fear, or because he always gets the job done (except against the PC).

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Poor old Yoshimo.

8. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

:grin:

I voted for Edwin and Haer Dalis.
    I once liked Mincs and Boo, but he talks so loud while I NEED to keep things quiet (and he tends to complain so much even your rep just 15 or so :frown:)

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Edwin - best mage, and hilarious
    Valygar - I like the "mysterious" angle in his personality
    Sarevok - great personality
    Viconia - she always says to some other NPCs exactly what you would have wanted to say :D
    Jaheira - best romance in the game :love:

10. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Edwin
    He's so evil and self-centered it always puts a smile on my face. And the fact he isn't scared/intimidated by Korgan :D

Mazzy
    I like her character and an archer is always welcome.

Jan Jansen
    Not only do I like his stories, they also make sense to me :p :D

He's just fun to have around.

Jaheira
    Very much like her character. She always has an opinion about everything, but they are always right to the point, I like that. I like her build too.

11. Gilden Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Keldorn, Korgan, Jan.

Chosen for a swathe of reasons including usefulness, interaction, funny and insightful dialogue, the voice chosen to represent them and I'm sure there are more I cannot immediately put my finger on.

ps I never got the idea that Keldorn was scared of Korgan at all, merely watchful.

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I am sure I seen a thread exactly like this a day or two ago. Anyway, two guesses who mine is.

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Imoen
    Half-sister and a very useful charecter too.

Anomen
    Annoying as hell, but just look at his AC and HP :eek: And he actually manages to hit things once in a while.

Minsc
    Funny as hell, pity he doesn't always fit into my parties. UB makes him pretty impossible to drop though.

Keldron
    Great charecter. I can never agree with the LG credo, but this guy is just too good to loose.

Edwin
    Best mage, bar none. No other reason.

Viconia
    She is HOT. Especially if you have the banter pack.

Korgan
    Dwarf with axe = mass murder. :evil:

Jan
    Highly entertaining. Not the most useful, but makes an excellent complement to Edwin.

14. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keldorn - Sean Conneryesque paladin, I tend to view him as a needed father figure for my PC.

Imoen - My spunky little sis', and an improvement on Princess Leia when you think about it.

Jaheira - Naturally. :love:

15. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Edwin
    Imoen
    Korgan
    Sarevok
    Viconia

16. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1 Imoen -- Gotta love your older sister.
    2 Viconia -- Drow. Female. Pretty useful in a fight. What more needs to be said?
    3 Jan -- Comic relief.
    4 Mazzy -- British accents rock. And she's a damn good warrior, too.
    5 Edwin -- Bloody good spellcaster, and more comic relief.

17. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Aerie, Keldorn and Sarevok, I always take them when I'm not soloing or playing with an evil PC.

18. angryguy Gems: 7/31

Minsc, obviously
    Imoen, ditto
    Haer'dalis, since he has plenty of wit unlike so many simpletons out there
    Valygar, his loner attitude is great
    And Yoshimo. Whatever you lot all think, the dude is cool and a tortured soul. Literally. Come on, the guy even says 'I can dance on the head of a pin as well'. Genius.

19. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

Anomen - He's not THAT annoying in ToB, and anyway, you always need a good laugh.

Imoen - Must I explain?

Aerie - Except for the whining, she's nice

Sarevok - My favourite big brother! :D

Cernd - I don't know, but I like him

Haer'Dalis - I love how he talks. I tried talking like that after I had played BG II for too long (I was confusing some of my friends, who did not know the game, so I stopped)

Minsc - I think this does not need any explanation

Keldorn - He's the only really mature person in the game (all are a bit silly), but the good thing is, that he still has funny. Beren really hit it on the head, with saying that he is Sean Connery-esque. Sean Connery is one of my favourite actors, and Keldorn really is a little like him, although I couldn't really put my finger onto what it was, what I liked about Korgan.

Mazzy - After Keldorn, she is the most mature. The complete opposite of Alora (who is my all time favourite character), but I still like her.

Viconia - She's a drow, but I mostly like her for being the meanie she is. Wait, I think I just said the same thing twice.

Edwin - I loved the Edwina part.

Yoshimo - He's a traitor, yes, but I am still sorry for him. I really liked him :(

20. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Imoen - She stuck with me all through Baldur's Gate, and was always there when I needed her. She's family.

Minsc - In a lot of ways he's the wisest of them all. And anyone who travels with a hamster is just cool.

Cernd - Werewolves are cool. Plus he knows a lot of neat nature metaphors.

Sarevok - He's a trans-human anti-hero and a human tragic hero all in one package. On the field, he's an absolute death machine. That Deathbringer Assault is the coolest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.