1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Your dream house...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, so I decided to make a weird little poll since Shell's are currently lacking in number...

The poll is: What is your dream house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, garages, stories, with/with out a basement/cellar, etc. If you have a picture of your dream house, do share!

As for me, I stumbled on to the cool-house-plans website awhile back and found my dream house
    Here's the 1st floor, the 2nd floor, and the 3rd floor.
    It's roughly 5900 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 3 car garage, no basement/cellar, and as you can see - it has a grand staircase! :bigeyes:

So, what's your dream house? :rolling:

[ September 07, 2006, 09:07: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 6 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Your dream house... (23 votes.)

How many stories/levels does it have? (not including subterranean levels) (Choose 1)
    * 1 - 13% (3)
    * 2 - 48% (11)
    * 3 - 26% (6)
    * 4 or more - 13% (3)

Does it have a basment, cellar, crawl space, or any other subterranean levles? (Choose 5)
    * Basement - 57% (13)
    * Cellar - 22% (5)
    * Crawl Space - 9% (2)
    * other subterranean level (ples specify) - 17% (4)
    * none - 26% (6)

How many bedrooms does it have? (Choose 1)
    * 1 - 0% (0)
    * 2 - 9% (2)
    * 3 - 9% (2)
    * 4 - 48% (11)
    * 5 - 13% (3)
    * 6 - 0% (0)
    * 7 - 4% (1)
    * 8 or more - 17% (4)

How many bathrooms does it have? (Choose 1)
    * 1 - 4% (1)
    * 1.5 - 0% (0)
    * 2 - 9% (2)
    * 2.5 - 26% (6)
    * 3 - 17% (4)
    * 3.5 - 9% (2)
    * 4 - 9% (2)
    * 4.5 - 9% (2)
    * 5 - 4% (1)
    * 5.5 or more - 13% (3)

What type of garage does it have? (Choose 1)
    * 1 car garage - 22% (5)
    * 2 car garage - 43% (10)
    * 3 car garage - 26% (6)
    * 4 car garage or more - 9% (2)

How many square feet (total) is it? (Choose 1)
    * 1000 - 2000 sq feet - 4% (1)
    * 2001 - 3000 sq feet - 17% (4)
    * 3001 - 4000 sq feet - 22% (5)
    * 4001 - 5000 sq feet - 22% (5)
    * 5001 - 6000 sq feet - 9% (2)
    * 6001 - 7000 sq feet - 0% (0)
    * 7001 - 8000 sq feet or more - 26% (6)

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Tower-like place with three floors, first one for all the basic; citchen,TV-room and a fire place. Second floor is for bath&bed -rooms and the third is only for gaming and drinking.
    Three bedrooms (me&[myfuture]wife,kids and random visitor), couple of subterranean floors (the 'must-have' bomb shelter and recording studio). Three bathrooms (one of them just for iblith). Garage for one car, though I hope I won't be using even one, maybe I should start bicycling.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I design drainage systems for new build houses and believe me when I say I've sen some bloody big mansions! Some people have got more money than sense, building a 20 room house when they will realistically use about 4 or 5 of the rooms.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Is that a fancy-pants way of saying you're a plumber?

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hell no, I couldn't actually fit the things :lol:

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I would like a nice new wooden house - open plan design, one story, with atleast 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (how can someone have half a bathroom, btw?). Two garages will do me just fine. As to the size, I have no idea how square feet translates into metric, so I'm just guessing there complete, although space is always good. Would also need to have a lot of windows.

More importantly is the land it's built on. A fairly large section, a few hectares will do, but on the edge of a large farm or something. The property would need to be fairly developed, some nice old native trees and lots of wildlife around (nothing beats the sound of New Zealand birds at 5am) Ideally in a fairly hilly area as well, and near enough to a local school (primary school and high school).

[Edit] Looking at the picture of this, it looks fairly good. Although for some reason I can't open the floor plan up.

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    We just built our "dream home." It is a 2500 square foot 2-story, with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, upstairs gameroom and 2 car garage. The neighborhood has a clubhouse with a playgound and pool for the kids (that was important, since my kids love the water). We move in this weekend. :)

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I wpouild like a two-story house with a big basement and a huge garden and, oh, that 8 bedrooms and a good solid 6 bathrooms or so - after all, I want 12 kids. :p

Suffice to say, id onöt rlaly have that many grand plans yet. Would have to ask Mr. Ara what he thinks, too :p

9. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

A white/blue colour scheme, five bathrooms, the bedroom in the end of a corridor extending from the house and tiling spelling "KILL ME" in the backyard.

(Inside joke.)

(And not joking, a 3-story building, with two underground levels (preferably with a bunker under them)... lots of space for random junk!)

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't know square footage. It weill be roomy though and I will have a chauffeur.

11. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My wife and I are looking forward to owning our first house. It won't be reall soon but hopefully in the next 3 years. We have already been designing how we want it built.

2 story w/ a finished basement. A wrap around porch and large back patio. 2 car garage and 2.5 - 3 bathrooms. A fenced 2 acre lot.

We are a military family and don't stay anywhere long enough to buy. I get to retire in 3 years. :)

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rotku, questions:
    1) Why do you want to be 'on the edge of a farm'? Do you want a farm, or just be near one so you can enjoy all the farmy smells?

2) Why do you want to be on a 'hilly area'?

3) Why do you want so much land? Who's going to mow the lawns?

4) How easy is it to be near a farm and wide open spaces AND be near to schools?

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Just a nice two-bedroom, two-floor w/basement house like the one I'm in now. I doubt I'll have kids, and even if I do I don't think I'd have more than one. I don't need all those fixings, though a third toilet might be nice.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

For me a two story plus basement house with four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms (@rotku a .5 bathroom has a toilet and sink but no tub or shower), large size with a rec room big enough to have a pool table and a gigantic library/office. I said a one car garage but I would actually pick no garage. I believe in leaving the car outside.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Why? Cars are much better off in a garage. I like two car garages, because then we have space for the car, plus enough room for other stuff like golf clubs and bikes.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Paid for. My dream home is simply all mine and not the banks.

17. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Oh, questions!

(1) Don't really want a farm, as such. I just love the open spaces - you have to be out in the country side near farms to get such. And yeah, the smells are certainly good ;)

(2) I don't really know. I've just always liked hillyish country.

(3) Once again, love the space. That's when you get some sheep and the likes to keep the lawn in check. Or even just an old tractor to mow them with. Or both...

(4) Read the topic. It says 'dream house'. No one said anything about realistic :p

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Any house will do, as long as it's self-cleaning and self-maintaining. I don't want to have to do anything more than live in it and decorate it.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Mine would be below ground.

One fairly large bedroom, another medium sized-one to serve as boudoir, with a comp, TV, couch, bongs, bar, those kind of stuff.

Minimum lighting and well-insulated against noise is mandatory - I like darkness and tranquility.

Maybe a small garage as well.

20. Harbourboy

Hallelujah. That would definitely be my dream house!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.