1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possible Mage Stronghold Bug(Spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Specky, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Specky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] After getting the Planar Sphere back to Amn, I got to speak to Lavok. There were two dialogue options in which I had to choose whether to let him see the sky again. It turns out that if I bring him out, each party member gets about 45000 quest exp pts(wow). On the downside, I don't get the sphere as a stronghold.
    Although I already have the Keep as a stronghold (dual fighter/mage), I can still get the sphere as a stronghold if I do not trust Lavok and let him die in the control room. But this way I give up the quest exp. Is this intentional, or is it a bug?
    Pls help. :confused:

2. Sol'torg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You have to bring Lavok outside in order to get the sphere as your stronghold; I just did exactly that a few days ago with my sorcerer. I suggest re-loading and trying again. (He can't die before giving the place to you)

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You cannot have two strongholds, by taking the keep you blew your chance for the sphere. If you had declined the keep, as a dual/multi you could have had the sphere.

4. Specky Gems: 1/31

I CAN have two strongholds, the Keep and the Planar Sphere. It is just that I will not get the 45000 quest exp bonus from bringing Lavok outside to see the sky.
    I've tried many times, but I still cannot get both the quest xp and the planar sphere.

Maybe I'm too greedy?

5. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's because you already have the Keep.

6. Specky Gems: 1/31

So you mean if I get the planar sphere, I won't get the quest xp? And this is due to my already having a stronghold(Keep). Coz I can still get the planar sphere, just that I have to give up the quest xp(which is very substantial).

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Let me restate this Specky's answer: YOU CAN HAVE TWO STRONGHOLDS IF YOU HAVE A MULTI/DUAL CHARACTER. Please don't argue unless you have tried to have two with a multi/dual main craracter(at least a fighter/mage). I swear you can have both the keep and the sphere. I wasn't sure till I tried it, but it is true and I think it hasn't really be addressed somewhere offical properly.
    Now back to the topic at hand. I have both the sphere and keep, but I think your game has some sort of bug. The normal way to get the sphere as a stronghold is to take Lavok out into the light before he dies. He realizes you are a mage, you get a lot of experience per party member, and he gives you the sphere as your stonghold. If you get the sphere only if you let Lavok die inside it, something is wrong with your game and I don't think the patch will fix it. I'm also pretty sure you can get all the experience and gold or whatever for both strongholds, but to be honest I didn't get all the gold after I got Nalia's Keep after I got the sphere. But I'm pretty sure that was a bug in my game as noone else has experienced it. I did get the experience from the Keep I think.

8. Specky Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanx a lot!!!

:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.