1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possibly the worst music video of all times

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Victor Eremita, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Could this be the worst music video of all times? Open the link and choose the video "Vive les 70's"

It sure makes me proud to be Danish - just like the artist in the Indian/70's-outfit. Yeah, baby, yeah!

2. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, it's no "Electronic, Supersonic", but it is pretty bad.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have to agree with Kam on that one. The second I saw the title of this thread Electronic, Supersonic instantly came to my mind. The linked video is quite bad but it would take something truly terrible to topple Electronic, Supersonic from the position of worst music video.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As valiant an effort as that was, it didn't quite suceed in toppling Madonna's "American Life". That's just my opinion though.

5. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

"Elektronic, Supersonic". Yeah, I've seen that one too. I saw it with a friend and we couldn't figure out if it was meant as a joke - or if it's an actual attempt to make a video...? The lyrics are priceless :D

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, the only music video I can think of that could challenge "Elektronik, Supersonik" as worst video ever is this one: here

The very fact that someone, somewhere thought this was a good idea for a real, non-joke song, much less a music video, is surely one of the signs of the end of the world.

7. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well Kam, it could have been worse. They could have brought in William Shatner instead of Leonard Nimoy.
    If you want to see a very bad video, look up "video killed the radio star" by the Buggles. They have the dubious honor of being the first band played on MTV. God, MTV sucks.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Kam, are you kidding, Elektronik Supersonik is awesome!

It was Molvania's entry for the Eurovision songfestival, but the singer was arrested for drugs, so they weren't allowed to come :D

Link

[ April 17, 2005, 16:46: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

9. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Morgoth:

Molvania is a real country? I was sure it was some kind of fantasy land. "Long live space race. Long live... Molvania!" :D

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Molvania and Electronic, Supersonic are a joke. On the site you can find much info on Molvania, much of it is humorous.
    "Most people get to Molvania either by air and by accident."
    "The Vajana Ritzzz Hotjl - what it lacks in old world charm it more than makes up for in concrete."
    "His last words were ‘copra sanctum’ (‘holy s**t’)."
    "During the Middle Ages Vajana doctors pioneered complex medical procedures. This lithograph shows physicians amputating a limb whilst simultaneously extracting a confession"

http://www.molvania.com/bground.html
    Oh.. Morgoth gave the same link. Sorry for that.

11. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

Oh! I didn't actually read the info on the website. I just saw it and figured it was a real country :o

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry Victor. My mistake. Vive les 70's might be a real country. Electronic, Supersonic just isn't.
    The site Morgoth and I linked you to, was about a country where everything's supposed to be erm... not that good. So is the music, seemingly.

13. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Master of Nuhn:
    The video under "Vive les 70s" is, indeed, from a real country and a real "artist" :rolleyes:

Actually, the video/song is called "Apache" and the artist, Tommy Seebach, has had quite a few Grand Prix hits in Denmark. Even though it was before my day, I'm still a bit ashamed to admit this :D

If "Elektronik Supersonik" is a joke it can't be the worst video of all times. Or can it? I would think that you have to divide the 'nominees' in two groups: serious and non-serious, because an awful video that's trying to be awful isn't 'bad', is it?

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have to question how serious Vive les 70s is but if you want a serious music video that is unbelievably bad then I would put forth She Blinded Me with Science.

It was released in the early 80s and it makes Vive les 70s and The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins actually look pretty good by comparison.

Edit: Actually I just came up with one that is much worse than that. I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls makes all of the above look good.

15. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

/me starts humming 'I Ran' staring with glazed eyes with head bobbing slowly

[ April 18, 2005, 10:30: Message edited by: Celesialraven ]

16. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't know if this is serious or not, but it's a contender. Some stunt guy from Star Trek, singing a patriotic 80's ballad. Can't go wrong with that consept! :D

17. Morgoth

Media:
    Funnily, that page Victor linked also has one of the best music videos I've seen in a while, Creep.

18. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Morgoth:

I've just seen the Creep video. It's really great. Actually, it reminded me of the video Rocket Brothers

Scroll down. The top one is a documentary. (And the live recording of the song "The Aftermath" on the same page is also worth a few minutes.)

19. Morgoth

Media:
    Wow thanks Victor, this is quite a cool band :)

20. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Morgoth:

Sure. Just glad to spread the word. It's always nice when someone else likes what you like :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.