1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

PS3 Co-op games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Silvery, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hiya

Rob and I are currently playing through Untold Legends, Dark Kingdom on the PS3 and totally loving it! The thing is, we haven't found any other good co-op fantasy games. Can any of you recommend any?

We're looking for games where the main story is co-op, not just the arcade games. Any clues?

Thanks sweeties
    xxx

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

For the PS3 I recommend Resistance Fall of Man. That was a fun game that I played through with my wife.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, we played through that after I posted and we now have the second one to try

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Fantasy? Not sure... I liked Dark Kingdom as well.

For shooters, the best one I've played is Resident Evil 5. It was spectacular if you enjoyed RE4.

Resistance: Fall of Man was awesome for co-op, but if you like the co-op campaign, DO NOT get Resistance 2. It has no co-op campaign, only a half-assed co-op mission based game.

Call of Duty: World at War was fun for a few hours, but it does not save the co-op campaign, so you have to play it all the way through in one sitting. Ten hours of the same game in a row is... numbing.

Here is a list of all available co-op games for the PS3, although not all are suggested :)

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/2/playstation_3.html

DO NOT GET HAZE. It was one of the worst games I have ever played.

5. Silvery

Media:
    That's really great, thanks Saber.
    We've played a couple of the 2 player missions on Resistance 2 but we can't get it to save the second players data..

6. Saber

Yeah, that is another downside to R2. I was pissed when my friend and I played for 4 hours only to have all of his levels erased. I haven't played it since.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I need some help on this too. The soon-to-be-wife and I are getting a PS3, and we've already played (and love!) Little Big Planet, so that'll likely be our first purchase. She's not into FPS like Resistance, or certainly anything scary. More general audience stuff that is fun, maybe a little silly (like LBP). She's also a relative novice to video gaming (but she's a quick study! Ah, love...) so overly difficult or complicated games are going to be less desirable.

Thanks a pantload.

8. Silvery

Media:
    We started out with the Lego games. Starwars and Batman. They're a lot of fun and good if you aren't used to gaming

9. Saber

Unfortunately, FPSs are the most common co-op games for the PS3 right now :(

Umm, the guitar hero games are co-op, but suck in my opinion. Dynasty Warriors 6 is amusing for a couple hours (rent it or buy it cheap used), Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom is quite fun, and I have heard that Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is fun, but I have never played it. Those seem to be the only non-FPSs out there (exlcuding the Lego ones Silvery mentioned).

And by the way (for Silvery, or anyone interested in FPSs): Resident Evil 5 is the best co-op game I have ever played. Not sure about the single player, but the co-op is amazing. It is not scary like the old ones, either, but is still intense (being chased around by a tall zombie-like guy holding a chainsaw in tight quarters makes for some interesting moments).

10. Saber

News: R2 got updated so that you can log multiple users in so their data saves on splitscreen (so the second player can keep their data).

Also, Unreal Tournament 3 got patched recently so that it is splitscreen.

11. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I have Marvel:UA and it is fun, but finding a group to play with is hard.

Other games include almost all sport games; Madden, FIFA Soccer, etc...

12. Saber

Fifa is a ton of fun, I love it.

A new co-op game that came out recently was Terminator Salvation... and it was awful. Do not spend any money on it. It is glitchy and has awful gameplay.

13. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Marvel: UA2 is coming out soon. If it is as good as the original I would recommend this game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.