1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quests - does the time you take to accomplish them influence the outcome?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Phoceen, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Phoceen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just a general question.
    I tend to accept all quests from chantry boards, irregulars etc... so sometimes a lot of playtime goes by before I actually get to resolve them.
    There were 2 quests for the Chantry that got me to wonder if there wasn't some time-related issues.
    The quests were the one where you need to check on a Caravan attack, as well as an attack on soldiers. For both quests, there are enemies in the area, but everyone of the "good guys" (caravan people, soldiers) are already dead. Is that because I waited so long between accepting the quests and going to the area, or is it just the way the quest goes?
    I'm asking, because if the time you take does influence quests, I'll be more prudent in the future to accept them in mass like I currently do.

Please no spoilers.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I don't think it does. The game doesn't seem to keep track of time the way BG used to. In fact I'd really be surprised if it did.

There is only one quest that I know of that will force you to make it a priority if you want to make a difference.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I concur with Caradhras. Generally speaking you can take your time and work on which ever quest happens to suit your fancy at a given moment.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yes, in my observation events are always triggered by you passing several trigger points on a map, and not by some time limit. Which is great as it allows you to explore in peace.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well that just makes me more confused...

I have Morrigan's quest to:
    Kill Flemeth.

My journal says something along the lines of, "The old bat should be right where you left her". Well, she's not at her home, and I can't find her. I stop by every now and then, but she's never there.
    I was afraid I had waited too long, and missed my opportunity.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've played this part three times already and never had this problem. I don't believe there is a "timer" for this quest only and it seems very unlikely that the game keeps track of time at all. Some scripts trigger events that change daytime to nighttime and vice versa but contrary to BG there is no passage of time in game (it's always night at the party camp for instance).

Kitrax, are you sure you
    left Morrigan at the camp? Because if you took her with you it's no surprise that Flemeth wasn't in her hut.

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Lothering is the only time it matters. I have not seen any thing else that is impacted by time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.