1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Mystra's Chosen, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Anybody played it? I'm on the 6th mission right now (Crimson Hook). It's bloody hard. Anybody have any tips?

2. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well i dont remember all the missions specifically, but here are some tips:

When you need to kill a sniper but you must enter his FOV, just throw smoke, and than enter that smoke with sniper rifle with termal scope, if you dont know, VSS Vintorez has integrated silencer.

Tear gas grenade is very good, equep at least one man with tear gas and breathing mask. Just throw it in a room and wait for them outside, or rush them (with breathing mask). Good side: they dont have to look at it, effect is longer than flashbang.

My personal fav upgrade is miniscope. If you love rushing, shotguns are really improved, but they are for CLOSE COMBAT (clearing house or rooms, but not long tunnels...).

You can OPEN any door(locked and unlocked) with ANY weapon, just shoot in the handle (lock). Note: Desert Eagle will probably open with one bullet, but MP5 will probably need several shots.

Will write more if i remember...

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I was eyeing this one the other day. I'm kind of thinking about it, once I get this train thing out of my system. I've not played any of the seal games yet, though. Which is why I'm a little bit leery of the series.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

@Total...

When I use a Shotgun I bring a machine pistol along for the longer shots. The Micro-Uzi is my fav.

5. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

Yep, micro uzi is great (best sidearm IMHO), and it really helps on those few longer shots (i used shotgun on that "house map" i forgot its name)...

But then again, if you play solo you have whole team and in cooperative multy, you can get your mate take something like m4, or m14 (my fav, for medium range)

Snipers are just for few "specials" places in the game... One sniper per team is max and only needed on some missions. Like on one mission that is great to have VSS - hostage mission (mission with hangars and garage left from start).

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I'm on the final mission right now. Man... what a weak storyline. A parade? C'mon! Oh well, it's still a sweet-ass game.

A figured out in the bank missions that running into rooms is suicide, but jogging into them keeps your aim good and surprises the enemies so you can take 4 or 5 down easily.

7. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was wondering when someone would bring up RVS.

I also heard the storyline was a disapointment, the other rainbow games however were quite good, or the first one was at least.

How good a system do you need to keep the game from chugging? I'm not sure what exactly my system is but for a comparision, whenever I fight dragons in BGII the game starts to slow a good bit, so as to whether or not the game will be playable on the computer I have now I don't know, so, Yes or no?

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah well I played rogue spear and covert ops but they didn’t impress me in the least. Is this one any good ? ;d

9. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

Yep, those bank missions (i thaught there was only one... i played the game only in coop. multyplayer) were pretty hard, but my(our :o ) tactic was to enter through the back enterance and than clean out the hallways from bottom to top and only then enter the main room (there were hostages there) from different points, under heavy "tear gassing"...

And for recommended conf: well i dont know exactly, but you dont need super duper comp, but if BG is slow... But if you have good graphic card, than ok :p (or this means, sometnig around 1GHz (athlon) with some better MX, or anything above is better, but you CAN play it on somethin weaker but it will flicker (a lot) when you enter a room, full of enemies (BAD), send your team in :) )

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I play on a Athlon xp 1800, 128meg ATI 8500, 256 meg and it works decent enough. BG2 is slow for me sometimes, so I think it just has bad coding or it doesn't like my puter much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.