1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Game Babble

Discussion in 'Playground' started by kuemper, Jun 7, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, we've got RBPs for music, sports, cell phones and miscellaneous items, so let's get one for online games.

I broke 11 million exp. in fishing today in RuneScape. Only 2 million to go for the final level. I'm excited that I'm so close. It's repetative, but I get in this zen place and find it's not boring anymore. Best part - the place where I fish doesn't have auto fishers and most of the other fishers are quiet types. I like not talking when I'm working on skills.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Last night, it was revealed that one regular in the Civ PBEM circle has dissappeared. That meant having to replace him in probably 8 to 10 games. Considering that some of the games are in Civ III PtW or with an outdated patch for Civ III Conquests, so I don't know if they will be easily replaced...

That sounds like a headache...

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Join a Civ IV group then.

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Lan Gameing all day tomorrow. From 10am to 11pm.

w00t! My friends fear my leet skills.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish I could spend a whole day gaming some time .. *sigh* too much RL to deal with.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I just got 98 fishing! :banana: Only 10,240 monkfish to fish until the coveted 99.

7. Gnarfflinger

HB: This is within a Civ Series group. The one guy has assembled a pool of players, and may still have trouble replacing the guy in all games...

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not sure what you mean Gnarfflinger. I play Civ IV in various incarnations and groups but I don't really know what a Civ Series group is.

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Best lan ever. We played againced another team and it was the closest match ever.

However now I'm back to relying in internet gameplay which is (lets be honest) second rate compared to lan.

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I think the critical thing here is that Gnarf and the remaining members of the group do not want to give up on the games they're already playing, and the absent one was involved with some of those...and just having one of the player civs stop and get gobbled up would alter the gameplay significantly...especially if someone had had the culprit as an ally. :bad:

11. Gnarfflinger

It's from a site that discusses all games in the Civilization series. There's even a message board for Civ I. The site has a forum for people looking to find PBEM games and replace players. Because a couple games use the older expansion or an outdated patch for Civ III...

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I got 99 fishing and a nicely trimmed cape! :banana:
    99 fishing

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Ha. Nice cape ;)

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

TY. I'm only a couple levels away from growing spirit trees now. I got 78 farming today.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I just doubled my money today. I sold 2 kinds of raw fish for 6 million gp. :money: I can get back to training construction now.

YPP has a new puzzle out, but I have yet to try it. I think you play it during a blockade.

16. Gnarfflinger

My gaming has been on hold. With the hay harvest, I have had little time to sit and play. with most of the work done by Tuesday or Wednesday and the weatherman calling for high heat with ungodly humitidy, I can get away with sitting in the Air Conditioned house playing computer games in stretches...

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I have nothing to play now other then warcraft III.

Just waiting for Hellgate and Bioshock really. I hate slumps in gameing.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Arg. I just played online with a bunch of noobs in a dota match. And they were all on my team! :rolleyes: Terible match. I was the only one to get over 4 kills

19. Gnarfflinger

Just getting back in the swing of Civ IV in preparation for Beyond the Sword. On Monday, I won a game via conquest on Noble. I got my Praets out and kept destroying everything in my path until Korea was the only nation left, and they had one city left on an isolated island. I then had to wait until my Galley's could get halfway around the continent to ferry my Praets across to kill them off.

20. Harbourboy

Must be only about three weeks until BtS comes out. Praetorians are great. Arguably, the only thing more powerful (or cheesier) than Praetorians are Incan Quechuas, especially at higher levels where the AI starts with archers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.