1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

rarest records

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Apr 20, 2001.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

it has come to my attention that quite a few people have some rare records, please tell me your top five rarest/most expensive records that you own, mine are:

1.otis redding, sun, very rare 7" edition with gold vinyl and red custom cover (only 100 of these were made) ($3400)
    2. david bowie, hallo sapceboy, rare purple vinyl edition with custom cover (was only available by special order in UK) ($2900)
    3. clash, london calling, rare red vinyl edition ($1950)
    4. iron maiden, eddie's head, rare blue vinyl edition ($1800)
    5. massive attack, mezzarine + bonus tracks, rare 7" vinyl edition (rare to have bonus tracks on vinyl) ($1750)

2. Wingfoot Guest

Otis, my man! Egg do you ever play these records. i hope not.

the rarest album i have is a 5 song album by The Junior Wraymen. Link Wrays nephew covers a few of Links tunes and does 1 or 2 of his own. i picked it up for 3 buck brand spankin' new. not sure how much its worth but the reason its rare is because this kid was like 15 at the time and a great guitarist. unfortunatly he drowned not long after he recorded it so i believe this was his only recording. Good stuff.

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Did you pay that for those, Egg?

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Can't compare with that. I have only two mentionable Lp's (did not check the value for 10 years) "Through the past darkly" by The Stones with the octogonal cover and an original release of a Buffalo Springfield album. I also have a lot of singles got from my mother in law from Elvis, Beatles, Stones and other 50's and 60's singers but i haven't got time to catalog them.

5. hooligan_inc Guest

Fat Egg - aka Comic Book Guy off the simpsons. lol

6. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

What, he does Vid's in the basement as well as rare records?

7. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

White album-Mint condition with full size poster with lyrics..and the poster with all four faces. What makes it unique is the unbelievable quality and the untouched posters.

8. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] My records suck, but my taste in records runs a little on the weird side. I'm not a collector, I just listen to them for fun and to rehash memories. I have a lot of older Waylon Jennings records and Willie Nelson, plus a lot of the "80's rock" type stuff fromt he bargain bins, and jazz stables, recently Samba. I think I have one in there somewhere that might be worth around $50, but I can't rememer what it is. Heres something that will make you die hard purists cringe-sometimes I wash my records in the sink after a party. They aren't worth anything more than the thought to play them and the pleasure they bring, which to me is right around $0.99 each. I think that's about what I paid for them, or I found them. I have a lot of spoken word poetry with John Gielgud and stuff like that, too. Its cool.
    Here's some greatest hits from the archives:

"Whale", ELO
    "Could a'Been a Lady", April Wine
    "Man on the Silver Mountain", Rainbow
    "Fool for the City", Foghat
    "Rainbow in the Dark", DIO

Oh well, you get the picture.

9. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

no i don't listen to them, in fact i actually framed them and hung them above my receord shelves

i got these records and many more from my older brother, man i'm lucky.

[Egg - See that pencil and paper icon at the top of each post? You can edit your posts with it... We really don't care for double posts within minutes of eachother - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 20, 2001).]

10. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

fat egg has some phat albums!!!

11. Wingfoot Guest

yeah Egg you been comin round here long enough to know that you cant be double posting. ;) i will add that i am just joking around. dont want to offend anyone.

well thats cool Egg. i kinda figured that you wouldn't play em. next question....do even plan on selling them?

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This is probably my non-understandable shit as some of you think. So what? You can't stop me.
    Rarest record ever made was one by Jean Michael Jarre. It is called "Music for Supermarkets" and was produced in a single (1) copy! I mean there is only one record of it in whole world. And it was sold for humanitarian aims. How many of you have this one in collection? No, it is not in mine. But this makes your collections sad.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 21, 2001).]

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

i'll have you know it is not the rarest records, extremist, the rarest record was a beatles record that is currently in the hands of a relative of ringo starr's, it was the first record they made but was never officially released, it has no cover and was custom recorded, and that kinda makes your fact untrue, so HAHA! and no i doubt i'll ever sell them, i certainly won't give them to my family, that'd be such a waste ;)

14. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] -> Hooligan_inc
    Buffalo Springfield was long before the Simpson where "born". It was the first group of Neil Young and Stephen Stills. They quit the group in 68 to join with Crosby and Nash. A year later they appeared at Woodstock under their surnams as Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

And don't tell me now i'm old - i know it ;)

15. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My dad has about 1000 albums. I'm not sure just how many rarities he has, but I know he has an album that a member of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils sent him after he talked with the guy for a few hours at a bar after a show. - Whew, that was a long sentence. - I'm told it is completely unattainable, as there were only a few made.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.