1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen Book 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Delinos calmly added, "Why keep us? We have no quarrel with you. It is her who you want."

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Then gag me, and tie my hands if you need to but make your mind up one way or the other"

3. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Elendia raised her hands to the sky and put her head back. The outline of her body glowed slightly as she softly invoked her divine magic. When she looked back down her eyes were white. She stared at the brothers, "These two are only mildly evil, the ranger less than the mage." She glanced at the sorceress, "She is very difficult to read.. painful even. Her aura and alignment are... unstable, for lack of a better term." Elendia then looked at Del, whose aura was bright and though it seemed small, almost incomplete. "I wouldn't turn my backs on them but I don't think they're an immediate threat. I'm willing to realease them if you are."

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

"Hmm. Well, I suppose we won't get any more answers by holding them here, will we?" she said with a grin at Elendia. "You can release them."

Delphinae handed back Ciana's weapons, and the five of them set off back in the direction that the three had come from, Kelvados leading the way with his tracking skills. Still not really trusting Ciana, Delphinae kept a wary eye on the sorceress as she dropped back to match stride with Delinos. "Tell me, drow, what all has happened since last I saw you at the volcano?"

5. DarkStrider

Ciana walked along following Kelvados deep in thought, as she walked she'd pulled her lute off her baldric and was gently playing the earliest melodies she'd learnt; they were calming exercises for the mind and body. She was fuming really again the insults because she could to some degree handle magic directly, but nobody noticed that first and foremost she was a bard, what did they think this lute was for! Strumming away gently mainly to herself she followed along, half-heartedly she thought of just giving herself up to the temple and living her days out there.

That would be unfair and cruel to Robin who had invested so much time and energy in her. If only she hadn't been caught at that damn tower, then things would be differenet now; she'd be out there on the road still accepting assignments from the college, but that wasn't meant to be it seems. She sighed again she hoped whatever was happening would sort itself out soon, so the geas could be removed and she could go back on the road. She was used to people being wary of her on the road and soothing things with music, but being in a group (sort of) and being looked on with suspicion was something new and she didn'y think she liked.

She glanced northwards momentarily in the direction that the Mage's tower was in, he would have to be dealt with at sometime, but not today.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"First, you can drop that tone with me, elg'caress," Delinos spat, "What would I gain in telling you? So why should I?

Nothing. But I have nothing else to do." He paused, "Let's see. We were attacked by demons, or were you there? The memory eludes me. We went to a temple after Iceborn and got some artifact for the darthirii xuil alti'ui. Then myself and Kelvados left with this.. woman. We are after our captor, the aptly named Torturus."

7. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

Elendia didn't know what she was doing. She didn't like people very much, and trusted them even less. For some reason she was following two drow and a sorceress, on the word of a human she barely knew. For some reason she trusted the ranger more than most. Maybe it was the calling they shared, or maybe it was a sign from Tyr, but for some reason she was not nearly as suspicious of Del as she was of most people. The sorceress didn't seem so bad, but Del's suspicion increased her own, not to mention her 'unstable' aura. The two drow were an enigma. The fact that they were drow didn't bother her, she'd known drow before, even had a drow lover once, but they seemed less evil than their auras portrayed. Perhaps the evilness from their auras came from their desire for revenge.

8. DarkStrider

Ciana stopped and turned to look at Delinos after hearing him speak to Del, "You're going after Torturus, I find that surprising I thought you would want to rejoin the others as soon as possible. If you don't mind I'd like to go to the temple first I have a question for the Priest and I think you all need to hear it. Then if you wish I will join you dependent on the answer of course.

"I also have a question for you, Delphinae, how is it you appear to be in two places at once? Your friend is a priest and can correct me if I'm wrong, but when under a geas and searching for an object or person that is known you have a sense of where they are; and yet with you, I can sense you here and in the West and that makes no sense. It worries me also that the Del that we knew at the Temple could not have flanked and got ahead of us to capture us, for we travelled fast. You ask us to go with you and trust you and question our trust, but offer no explanation for this.

"I find it strange that is all."

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Delphinae's head snapped around at Ciana's words. "What? I wasn't at any..." Del's eyes widened, and like a flash she had Ciana by the collar, staring intensely into her eyes. "You've seen her!?! Tell me where she is! NOW!!!"

But just as quickly as she had reacted, Delphinae calmed, releasing Ciana's tunic. "I'm sorry. You've already told me that you parted company at the temple, but this is very important to me. You see, I am not as whole as I appear to be; I am only half a woman. The other 'Delphinae' that you've seen is a part of me, though she would no doubt say that I am a part of her instead." Realizing that the story she was about to tell would likely be a long one, Delphinae motioned for the others to sit on a nearby fallen log, while she sat down on a rock opposite them.

"When I left the group at the volcano, I hunted down the remainders of the Fellowship. It wasn't easy, and many times I feared for my life, but I kept it under control with the thought that I would not die at least until the task was completed. That proved to be right, but when finally I was done, I could hold the fear at bay no longer. It consumed my every thought, and even the trees began to seem menacing. I knew I was losing my mind, but I had no place to turn.

"That is, until a sorcerer approached me. He offered to help me sort out my inner turmoil, and I accepted in desperation. He warned me that I must open up to him, and despite my fear I found enough courage to do so as he began weaving his spell. But as the spell began to take shape, I could feel the fear building again. Suddenly I felt a ripping sensation within my very soul, and I could not help but cry out from the pain. I lost consciousness, and knew no more.

"When I awoke, naked still, my equipment was gone. But standing over me was Elendia. She loaned me a spare set of clothes," here Delphinae indicated the loose-fitting tunic and breeches she was wearing, "and told me a story of a madman she had seen wandering in the woods. He spoke of a spell gone wrong, and 'creating two from one'. After comparing descriptions, I knew it must have been the sorcerer who had tried to help me.

"So I asked Elendia's help in hunting down the other part of me, and she also helped me fashion this quarterstaff. I would have been lost without her help, and I am very grateful to her for that. And now I am afraid I must ask your help too in tracking my other half. We lost her trail some days ago, and have been circling in the hopes of finding where it started again, but knowing what I could do with my equipment, I am beginning to have little hope that she would have been so careless as to leave any trace that I could find. But if you can lead me to the last place you knew she was, perhaps we could at least track those with her. What say you?"

10. DarkStrider

"I can do more than that for you, but and it's abig but I don't have the sort of power or the spell to put you two back together, which I presume is your aim.

"What I suggest is we go to the temple, i think they know more than they're telling us, we find answers to some questions. Then we sort out Torturus, he mustn't be left alone too long.

"After that I'll take us all to the other Del, that's the easy bit, right now she's moving west with the others; I can feel her in my mind but the pull isn't as urgent as it was to find you. What do you think Delinos, Kelvados?"

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Meanwhile the group moving east had settled down for the night. In the morning they started the trek to Lake Ashane. Nakia asked Kongol to keep an eye on Sepp and went off to scout. The forest was fillied with the sound of birds and animals doing what they normally do.

After a fortunately boring walk they arrived at a small hamlet on the coast of the lake. The lake was so large that the further shore could not be seen.

Night had arrived so the travellers settled in for the night. There was a small tavern but no sleeping accomodations except in the main room which was noisy and smelly so they make camp near the shore and prepare for the night. The sound of the water lapping at the shore is soothing. Nakia gets some fish from a local and prepares a nice meal.

"Too bad we don't have a bard along. Be nice to have a little music." She rummages around in her bag and pulls out a small wooden flute-like instrument and plays a simple country tune. This too is part of adventuring, boring hikes and quiet, companionable times around the camp fire.

"Wonder what the others are doing? Atten is following us but is staying back aways. Don't think he saw me seeing him. Hope everything is hokay with Ciana and the Drow brothers." She eyes Del who is looking around nervously and seems very jumpy.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados raised an eyebrow, and Delinos shrugged, "Sorry, I wasn't listening."

Kelvados piped in, "But, yes, no matter, as long as we get to Torturus soon."

13. DarkStrider

"Ok let's move to the temple and get that sorted and then Torturus, let's run" and so saying she stood up and started jooging in the direction that they'd come from.

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia puts away the recorder and they all hunker down in their bed rolls for a peaceful nights sleep. Early sunlight awakens Nakia and she slips off to see about finding a boat.

Del is moaning restlessly in her sleep, Kongol is snoring away and she doesn't see Maron. Jex is sitting near the shore staring off into the distance.

After a while she returns to came looking very dishearten especially for a halfling. The others have prepared breakfast and look up expectantly at her.

"No boats. A big storm damaged a lot of them and the ones that can are out fishing and probably won't be back in for a couple of days. We either wait and hope or start walking north. I vote for walking north. At least we'll be moving in the right direction. I don't know the country tho so be prepared for anything."

She sits down and comforts herself with the food then packs up and looks at the others. "Ready?"

15. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

Elendia stayed quiet through Del's explanation and silently followed her as they started to run. She beleived the fantastic story because she had seen Del's aura but found the whole situation very odd.
    She jogged along at a brisk pace staying next to Kelvados, noticing he too followed the calling, though obviously along a darker path. She was content to follow these people for the moment, the trail she had been following had grown cold. She had no other leads and did not wish to stand around doing nothing.

16. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

"I'm ready when you are!", Kongol shouted at Nakia with excitement.

Kongol was actually glad that the group didn't have to cross the lake in a boat; Kongol was hiding a big fear of large bodies of water, living in a dessert you don't have much contact with much water, and at so Kongol has never learn to swim; in his mind, his heavy weight will just land him in the bottom of the lake.

As they get up to start walking, he look at Maron,
    "Maron, I'm curious, what brings you here? I've never seen a Winged Elf before, you must be far from home"

Just after Kongol had ask, he realize that the day before she was upset about some old memories, he try to think a way to apologize fro the question, but did not wanted to upset her even more.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron smiled, but it was a forced smile, not a natural one. "I'm afraid I can't tell you about my home, much as I would like to. My people are so very rare that our homes must be guarded from all. Still, you asked about my reason for being here. I was searching for this."

She produced a set of pink crystal pan pipes from a pouch at her waist.

"This is a holy artifact for the church of Lady Firehair. It produces a sound known as Heartsong. This tune, when played, sounds different to each listener. It echoes the song that rests in every living heart, and these pipes can cause the listener to hear that very song. They have been coveted by many people over the ages, but their reason for being created is much simpler than their effect. Lady Firehair gifted them to one of her clerics, a woman whose name is lost to us, for a very plain reason; the woman was lonely, and the song soothed her heart."

Maron stopped, and raised a hand to her face, wiping away the tears just before they came to her face.

"So, there is both my story, and the artifacts. Telling the difference between the two is the real mission here, though."

18. Nakia

Media:
    As Nakia led the group north she could only shake her head. She had never had any desire to be a leader. She wasn't exactly a follower although she could fit herself into a group when necessary. She liked meeting people and was very social but in her chosen profession she often found it was better and safer to work alone. One person with the right talents could go were many or even several couldn't.

She looked around at the others. She was very worried about Sepp. Del was making her uneasy. She was erratic and Nakia was sure couldn't be depended on in a pinch. Jex was withdrawn and seemed far away. Atten was around somewhere but who knew what he would do if trouble came.

Maron and Kongol where the only two she could count on and she was glad they were along.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron held the pipes in her hand as she walked, staring at them hard, yet still managing to step over roots and plants when they should have tripped any unobservant person.

SHe pondered the completetion of her quest, and the gifts SUne had granted her since. Her voice had changed over the last few weeks, becoming huskier, more alluring than before. When she caught sight of her reflection in the water, she seemed to glow with an inner light. Her heart-shaped face glowed with a golden sheen, her blue eyes had shifted to a brilliant ultramarine, and she could see an otherworldliness behind the irises. Her ears had lengthened slightly, poking out from the once white, now pale gold tresses that hung delicatey to her shoulders.

As she pondered the changes that Lady Firehair had seen fit to grant her, she wondered what would happen next. Not only had her appearance changed, but she had been granted all manner of magical abilities also. Her kiss was enough to charm the average humanoid, and she exuded a such passionate belief in everything that she did that she could sway the hearts and minds of many she spoke to.
    Maron felt herself on the verge of a change that would alter her forever, seperate her from other clerics of the Love Goddess. She did not know how to feel about that. Of course, she was grateful for Sune's gifts, but they came so fast that she was having trouble adjusting to her new self.

She wondered what her friends would think of her now, what the clergy would make of her, and she pondered what changes the last year would have wrought on her companions.

Could Minstra summon the very trees to walk and protect the forest she loved so much? Was Skip a master fighter, capable of killing an enemy in a single blow? Could Rynthalion's song conjure irresitible magic?

Did Daie roam the lands, slaying Sharites wherever he found them? Had he fulfilled his wish to become a Hierophant in the clergy of Selune?

The sound of the breeze whistling through the pipes returned her mind to her body, a clear sweet note echoing round, catching the ears of all nearby.

A voice sounded in the part of her mind where she felt Sune's presence.

-Play them, child-

She lifted the pipes to her lips hesitantly, and took a breath before beginning to play a tune. She played whichever pipe felt best, following her compulsions from note to note, the song touching every listener in a different way. Each person heard themselves in musical form, their hopes and fears, their lives and loves, their soul played back to them through an artifact recently recovered.

Maron lost herself in her music, hearing a song she'd heard only once before, the first time she'd seen the pipes, the last time she had played them. She had not told the others, but the reason she had been tasked to recover them was because she was the one who had lost them- this quest was her atonement, to be undertaken by her.

She heard the cheerful chords of new friends, but underlined with the sad notes of loneliness, and the bittersweet harmony of her memories of old friends. Yet, a new strain emerged, upbeat, cheeful. Hope. Something was coming soon, something to destroy the forlorness she had felt so recently. The strain grew louder and louder, till the sad and bitter base of the tune was destroyed, and the hopeful harmony pushed her forward, striding on as she played.

She revelled in the tune that only she could hear, knowing that this song was another gift from Sune, and that the knowledge that her loneliness would soon end was more than just a tune, it was a promise.

As she spun, she saw the others, and idly wondered how they were reacting to hearing themselves played so openly by the pipes. SHe hoped that they had received messages as wondrous as her own.

20. Nakia

Media:
    As the music swept over her Nakia relived her past. The warm and loving family, the day sorrow came as the humans swept through the village laughing and causing wanton destruction.

She had chosen to be a rogue, a thief but she had no regrets. She had stolen but she had also protected and helped others. She dreamed of the day she would have her own burrow, her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The stories she would tell.

She had learned much in her travels. The world was full of evil and hatred but it was also full of goodness and love. The sun shone and the rain fell so that all might grow. She felt her ties to the earth grow deeper, stronger and knew she was part of the Balance that was so important to people like Atten.

Maron was glowing. Truly becoming the angel Sepp had called her. Sepp was so quiet but the music brought the promise of peace and wholeness.

Nakia was content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.