1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

:o I'm sorry, but I haven't had a lot of time for Rashemen lately. I know it's not polite to leave you hanging right when Del's plot finally gets going, but every time I sit down to write an RP post, something else comes up. :mad:

I'll give it another try tomorrow when I've got things settled again (hopefully), but I can't make any promises. :bad:

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's okay, Fel. May we assume Del is along with us and will shoot arrow when we get in trouble?

It's a long, long way to the Burrow of Satranamentula and a lot can happen. I don't have Scot's imagination but can come up with a few measly bandits, orcs, run-of-the-mill monsters. Anyone else have any ideas jump in, please.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How many leagues from Rashemen to Waterdeep??? How many miles in a league? Looking at my map of Faerun I'd say it would probably take a bunch of adventurers about 6 months to get there but this being fantasy I cut it down to 3. :)

But we don't really have to concern ourselves with that do we Del?

4. Felinoid

Nope, don't think so. :D I wrote something up, but it didn't fit with what was currently happening to the east group so I sent it to DS to work in. Once that's posted and everything is resolved, the explanation can begin, and so can the hunt. :)

For a little perspective, you can look at this map provided by Faragon. In the upper rightmost section you can see Thay, with Rashemen just north of it, with Waterdeep smack in the middle of the upper leftmost section. It's a long walk. Currently, I think we're in the Ashenwood, heading for Lake Ashane. I figure we'll probably head north once we hit it, and then take the trails (dotted lines) pretty much straight west. Looking at the in-between areas, it looks like there'll be plenty of excitement along the way. :grin:

5. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@Nakia-

I don't know if you were actually asking, but here is anyway:

1 League = 3 Miles

6. Nakia

Media:
    Thank you Maurolava. I was curious but spent so much time trying to figure out a reasonable length of time I was too lazy to look it up. So if my rather haphazard measurements are correct I would say it is at least 1000 leagues from Rashemen to Waterdeep. And that doesn't count mountains. There should be some passes through the mountains.

That's a nice map, Felinoid. Mine is so clutered with names and detail I get eye strain. Lake Ashane and the Lake of Tears is the same.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

'kay, but I hope you don;t mean three months real time, cos boy would that get boring!

Day 62: Walk
    Day 63: Walk
    Day 64: Bandit Attack! Then Walk.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The post that I've just added is actually Felinoid's

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:p Shocking!

10. Felinoid

You didn't have to put that in front of the post, you know; especially with your crediting here. :p (Neither of which were necessary, BTW.)

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I didn't wish to be accused of manipulation, I always play safe. :D

12. Felinoid

Oh, I see; you just didn't want to take the heat. :shake: Well, for the record I anticipated accusations.

Ciana - gave it to DS to change if he wanted
    Delinos & Kelvados - You can always make your save next round if you like to get out of the Entangle spell.
    Elendie - If Cirrus doesn't want to waste an Entangle spell, Delphinae could always have cast it instead. (1st level, Plant sphere; no problem for a ranger of at least 8th level.)

But when all is said and done, it'd still be DS you'd have to PM to change it, since he was the one who posted it. And anything you really want to change is just fine with me. :)

13. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

WOW, twist...ok can someone one explain to me what just happen :confused:

Did Del (Felinoid) which was in the group going to Waterdeep, just ambush Ciana (DarkStrider)??

Did I missread? :o

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, I'm pretty bloody confused by what is happening as well.

15. Felinoid

Kind of. :grin: The explanation will come from the Del in the east after the standoff is resolved (I don't want to spoil the surprise). ;)

16. Felinoid

TA-DA!!! :banana:
    /me bows
    Everything out in the open now; it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. :D

For the record, I will now start referring to the two separate Delphinaes as DelCourage and DelFear to individuate them, though I may still refer to them as Delphinae if I think who I'm talking about is clear. Considering the Del to the west's cowardly attitude, I'm guessing you can figure out which one is which. ;) Characters should still refer to them in dialogues as Del or Delphinae though, since neither one will actually respond to being called by Courage or Fear. :shake:

17. Nakia

Media:
    :) Glad that's solved. Interesting. by the way if Delfear in the east group is a coward she is also a rather stupid one. She should have stayed at the temple. :) There's a lot of hostile, dangerous country to cross.

We are going to leisurely arrive at Lake Ashane, bed down for the night so that gives fast moving trackers some time to catch up with us.

18. Nakia

Media:
    Not sure how our party fits in right now. Should we have a hard time finding a boat or cross the lake and keep going? Hopefully find something interesting to do.

I'm not much into the day 63-hiked etc. either.

19. Felinoid

:confused: I thought we were heading north along the lake until we reached the trail? That way the east group can catch up on an intercept course.

Well, if you want to cross the lake I guess I could figure out a new trail. :)

20. Nakia

Media:
    Okay there are no boats available all out fishing or a storm wrecked them or both.

so we head north to go around the lake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.