1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia is busy crawling underground and I don't think there is much to be done until she finishes. Unless you get attacked by snake folk.

My post is rather lengthy and I stopped and posted since I had trouble before. I'll finish up in a bit. Maybe someone will worry because it is taking so long to find the Stone.

2. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

"Improper response:
    Moving faster than possible, Jain'n parried Sheyreza's strike, disarmed her with his own sword, pushed her to the ground, then charmed her with his long, blond, surfer-like locks and good looks, then stripped and fell upon her madly taking her for his own, then running off after she was impregnanted to slay Elminster for looking at him cross-eyed once."

For some reason I find this so funny. It must be because it's late.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You find it funny because it is funny and late. lawl!

4. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Well it is 12:22am lawl. Hey your using lawl now cool ^^

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Once again. These threads are meant for out-of-character posts related to the roleplaying threads. Do not hold chatroom-like conversations here.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm gone for 4 maybe 5 days. Jex will constantly be around, fighting if need be.

7. Nakia

Media:
    Does anyone know anything about the Halfling language. All I found in search was that it was related to Common. Tolkien had languages for everyone but used Common iirc.

If not at the appropriate time I'm going to post some halflings name that I make up.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I reckon halflings should talk like South West English farmers.

9. Nakia

Media:
    :lol: But I don't know how South West English farmers talk. I am certainly not going to have Nakia talking like some red-neck or backwoods Al Capp type hillbilly.

edit: Now I hope that gets a smile. Been wanting to do something like that. But if the prince laushs out loud he had better check his belongings very carefully.

[ July 30, 2005, 02:57: Message edited by: Nakia ]

10. Nakia

Media:
    I have added a note to my Character Sheet just to explain why Nakia is not very accepting or sympathic towards humans. Simply put...many, far too many, have not been nice to her!

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Don't tell me this is your first update. :eek: I've updated mine three times since I started playing. BTW, I don't intend to actually use the Quiver except under extreme threat to a party member or the party as a whole, as it's a little over-powered when combined with Del's archery skills. :o

12. Nakia

Media:
    My character was established before I found SP and grew in the SPS RP. It is actually copied from there and I forget to edit the reference to Jag and so have just left it.

I love your post in the RP thread. :roll:

13. Felinoid

Thanks, I always try to provide a little comic relief. :grin: I'd add something to my character about when she negotiated a peace between a group of myconids and a nearby village, but I think I've made that post long enough as it is. :rolleyes: :lol:

Speed potion paragraph: :D Sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge to insert some gnomespeak. It just looks so funny! :hahaerr:

[ August 02, 2005, 03:54: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

14. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

I only know a little elfin and that's only because I know the lyrics to some elfin songs on the Lord of the Rings soundtracks

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm struggling to keep up with this RP because you guys post so quickly and the story races along to rapidly for me.

16. Felinoid

@HB:
    I don't suppose it helps that you're the only one in your time zone that's in this RP, either. Most of us are in the U.S., so we wake up several hours before you do, and go to sleep several hours before you do. That takes half of the day away before we're all back together again. :(

:idea: Maybe we could have a set time frame (based on server time) for posting in the RP when we can all be online. :shame: Nah, too restrictive.

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Maybe we could all try to just post once or twice per day, instead of several times. With all the other RPs going full steam right now, such restraint should be a little easier to do. I'd love to have Harbourboy back in with us full time.

18. Harbourboy

It only works for me if people are a bit restrained in their posts and wait for some reaction from other characters before posting again. But that can slow things down if someone is away for a few days. Probably just recognising that if you post 8 times during your 'day' it's going to stuff up other people would be enough to keep things manageable.

19. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That is something that I definitely need to learn how to do, but I really want to get back to ALL of us having a fair shot at participating in the adventure. So at least for Rashemen, lets all try that. If somebody is gone for a few days, like Benan was, just give a note here and we can have the character do typical things, like fight for Jex.

Good to read from you again, Harbourboy.

20. Harbourboy

OK - I will try and carry on in this then. I do quite like the character of Atten the grumpy young environmentalist / biologist / druid and I'd like to see what could become of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.