1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Buying and Selling

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Helios Optym runs Optym's Blade, buying and selling weapons and adventurer's sundries. He is an expert knife thrower as one or two would be shop-lifter's have found to their cost. He has good connections with the Dwarven community and a couple of (expensive) masterwork axes in stock.

He will buy the Hobgoblin's longswords for 7gp but refuses the armour as it is too smelly and large for human use. He doesn't deal in 'used wagons' but guesses that they would sell for 200 -300 gp.

OoC Please Roleplay any other dealings with Helios here.
    Here are a couple of Silverymoon maps, thanks to ALFA's new Silverymoon DM, 'Red' Thorin. www.silverymoon.8k.com/Map1.html www.silverymoon.8k.com/Map3.html

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited August 05, 2001).]

2. Deity Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

OOC: I sent my char sheet, I must have forgootten to put my name on it. It came from XXImportRacer@cs.com, he's a monk. I realize Drow are not very welcome above ground. This makes it more interesting.

IC: Drake looks at the 2 guards carrying him away and decides to attempt an escape. He pulls his hands out of the guards grasp then attempts to hit them both in the face with his spiked guantlets.

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander, angered by the unjustly apprehension of the Drow decides to follow the guards to see what is to become of this Drow. After all this could have very easily have happened to him. Once he leaves the Inn to his surprise he sees the Drow attempting to escape his captors. Xander, being partial to the Drow decides he'd like to help, having been in similar situations many times himself.
    Xander attempts to cast obscuring mist to aid the Drow in his escape.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited August 05, 2001).]

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ooc: Where can i purchase spell components and how much would a pouch full cost?

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

The drow struggled with the guards, striking one in the arm and wounding him slightly. The others, heavily armoured and experienced soldiers, clubbed him to the ground until he was subdued (0HP subdual damage). As they dragged his unconcious form towards the Western barracks the air around them turned misty. One took out a shrill whistle and began blowing it with all his might. Another cried out "Help, drow attack!" The guards formed a circle round the unconcious drow and drew their swords, peering into the gloom.

Meanwhile, back at the Inn, Thomas was discussing with the others what to do next. "We could sit here like ducks on a pond and let trouble find us, or we could take to the road. North lies the Spine of the world where dwarves battle orcs for caverns of gold and gems. West, across the Evermoors lies Longsaddle and the road to Waterdeep. East lies Sundabar where Helm Dwarf Friend rules."

OoC Buy a spell pouch at Optms for 5gp and it will contain all the components you need for low level spells. Only for higher level spells with stated components will you need to buy them seperately.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob follows the others to Optym's blade and sells his hobgoblin sword for 7gp. He then stocks up on a number of basic cupplies he had neglected to buy when he entered the city - A bedroll, a flint and steel, a hooded latern and 4 pints of oil, a signal whistle, a small steel mirror, a sack, fifty feet of hempen rope, two more days worth of rations, another 20 crossbow bolts and a sap - for a total of 24 gold and 3 silver pieces. (OOC if I can) As he walks away from the counter with his purchases, he sees Xalen and stops. "I've had a thought," he says,"It might be as well to trade the wagon for a new one, or at least repaint it ourselves in case there's an ambush set up. Trading it would be better, for then it could leave the city without us. Just a thought."

7. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Knomal followed the party to the Optym's Blade, never saying a word. His mind seemed occupied with an important decision.

So it is drow, he thought, Why in the nine hells I always have to be where I don't want to be? Drow...

He purchased a five-pack of darts and approached the party:

"I think... I have to leave Silverymoon. I... I have important matters to attend in Waterdeep, so I need to get on the next caravan going there..."

He pulled the ring of climbing from his pocket and handed it to Xalen.

"I do not think I'll be needing this anymore... Fare well, and may Tymora's luck be with you my... friends."

Then Knomal turned around and quickly walked out of the store.

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Thomas, wasn't there some connection between this whole story and a person in Waterdeep? I dont like being in this town, as everyone rather saw us dead methinks. As for traveling to places mostly populated by dwarves, I.. I dont like it. On the other hand I never really liked huge cities, they always seem corrupted"

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ooc: I've already bought a spell pouch, just wondering if i could get some components...and whats a signal whistle?

Majikus purchases 2 more days of rations and 50ft of hemp rope...and a silver mirror...Majikus then turns to the group and asks everyone,

"May i collect my famialiar 'Hook'? I left her at my residence in the inn? I would be heart-broken to leave her and she may prove useful...? Oh what the heck! I'm taking her anyway!"

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

Well, if memory serves, there was a collector of antiques in Waterdeep name of Phineus Martok that the late Tadman Delver was going to sell the gem to.
    As for the wagon, we can paint it any colour you like, and paint is cheap enough. What do you suggest, Red? White? Blue?

11. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Pimm, after selling the Hobgoblin long sword, buys a score of crossbow bolts for the crossbow that he nicked from Barent's carcass.

Looking between the handfull of coins he's aquired and the new/used crossbow, he chuckles to himself and shakes his head. "A fine payment it is, for getting dupped into killing some enemies of the city. I wonder what we'll get jilted on next."

After the transaction with Optym, he returns to the inn, to find the next, if any, course of action with the other adventurers who were involved in the ambush.

Joining the discussion late, he tries to catch up on what he missed.

"I'm in full agreement with Jakob, I think we should sell the cart, as 'people' will be looking for it, and if we are to flee to another city we can very well use the funds from the cart."

(Ooc, wow I left for the weekend and had to catch up on a TON of posts, you guys have been busy! ;))

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited August 06, 2001).]

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen enters the shop the sells the sword off for the offered 7 GP, deciding not to barder if he is still to buy goods there. He purchases a short sword, another torch, and another three days worth of trail rations just in case. After he made his purchases, Knomal explained that he was leaving and hurridly left the shop. Xalen chased after him and grabed his shoulder, wheeling him around. "Wait, Knomal...I don't think now is the time for any of us to be striking out on our own. This dark elf is crafty indeed, and we all know he's dangerous. If you leave, you'll just be easier pickings for him. Look, at least consider my words before you leave. Here..." Xalen takes 35 gold pieces from his pouch and hands them over to Knomal. "The barkeep paid me this gold last night for clearing his bar of any wrong doing in the death of Delver. You're entitled to some of it as much as I. After all, we started this thing together. Don't you think perhaps that's the way we should end it." With that, Xalen turns and heads back to the inn, hoping Knomal might reconsider for Knomal's sake as well as his own.

In the tavern, he overhears the discussion from Thomas, Jakob, Majikus, Gracious, and Pimm. Xalen coursely interupts the group. "Look, we have a whole city at our disposal to find out what we can about this drow before we head off into the unknown. This city is a shinning beakon of knowledge in the north, why not take advantage of it. The drow would need time to get to us here anyway. Let's not run like a cur with our tail's between our legs just yet. Surely in a city filled with sages, someone must be abble to tell us something about this Er-Cam. Perhaps we should also check down in Beggar's Alley. I hear tell it's the heart of the underworld in this city, and some seedy fellow there might very well know who this dark elf is. *But* if what I say can't convince you otherwise, I would also suggest Waterdeep. I came from there not that long ago, and our only other lead to Delver is there as well. I say we keep the wagon for now, repaint it, and travel to Waterdeep that way. Once there, surely we could sell it and the horses for about the same price in that city." Xalen looks around for any response from the group.

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius meets Xalen's look "I guess we could stay for a little while, though our journey later on would probably be the more dangerous then. This Er-cam will likely be after our heads when he finds out, and I dont trust the people of this city. Though if we could find a source of information that isn't related to the high lady, I would gladly look into it. Beggar's Alley sounds fine, we just need to keep track of our gold while there."
    Garacaius looks around to see if the rest of the group agrees

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 06, 2001).]

14. herf Guest

Bayne listens to his fellow elf, and adding his opinon, "Well good sir Garacius, i believe we should make a trip down beggars lane, surely t'woud be useful for information. Although for information about drows have you considered asking that drow taken away by the guards earlier? He might now something we dont, and being a drow, he might be...useful."
    watching the listeners faces expectantly Bayne takes a step back and waits for a reply...

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius looks coldly at Bayne and replies almost hissing "I would rather slit the throat of any drow and see their blood spill before their words."
    With the first response to drowtalk off the chest, Garacaius pulls himself together and continues in a more civil tone
    "But, I am afraid you could be right, he might just eventually know something, or any other of the fallen lineage for that matter."

16. herf Guest

Bayne is taken aback by the elfs response, "Why good sir who said we had to like him or get along with him? After he has served his suefulness we can simply tell him ot be on his way, simple enough wouldnt you think? And you never know, you might just like the man.. What do you have against Drow anyway? No matter what they are still your elven bretheren and sisters!

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Well I hardly think we have the time to get yet another person out of prison. I say we check Beggar's Lane first. If Knomal were here, he might be of some help. However, if we must, let's go at it alone. Thomas, I've only heard of this place. Do you know the way, or perhaps any scholars in this city who might be able to help."

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius glares amazed at Bayne, unable to believe the words that is spoken.
    "WHAT I HAVE AGAINST DROW! They're the fallen of our brethren, the darker side of our honor. They worship evil and destroys our kin for sport! There should be no mercy, they have chosen their path of evil, the evil I seek to vanquish if it ever steps in my path."
    Outraged by even needing to say these things, Garacaius let himself fall down on a chair and whispering to himself "Unbelieveable!"

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander then seeing the guards surround the helpless Drow tries to summon an elemental to help him

20. Erran Gems: 19/31

Summoning even a small elemental was way beyond Xander's meagre talents. He did succeed in summoning 'Nature's ally', in this case a hawk. Unfortunately for him and the hawk, the obscuring mist hid the guards from view as well.

Back at the Inn, Thomas said that he had heard rumours of a thieves guild operating in the north west quarter of Silverymoon but he did not know exactly where.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.