1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Daybreak in Silverymoon

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

When Xalen awoke he noticed a piece of parchment had been pushed under his door. Reading it, it said:
    "If you persist in sticking your nose into things that do not concern you I shall have to sever it and feed it to you for supper.
    Regards, M."

OoC Did Knomal get ANY sleep last night?

2. ayecapitan Guest

OoC No, he did not, therefore he's ready to be penalized for fatigue :)

As soon as the morning sun started to shine in Knomal's half-open eye, his half-awareness quickly faded away. He remembered that a few hours ago he settled on a pier to observe the surroundings, and he did not get much rest at all.

He set his course to the inn, noting that the dog was not around. This fact did not surprise him, and Knomal strided to the inn, feeling more and more sleepy with every minute.

I expected much more of this night, he though, recalling what has happened during his stay at the docks, and concluding that nothing really did happen. When he entered the inn and settled at a table, his mood far from good, for he struggled to remain clear-minded. He waited for people to come down...

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander looks around the Inn and notices it doesn't look as it did the night before, as if someone had come in during the night. He feels as if there had been an evil presence, Xander doesn't like this. Not because evil was around, but because the balance had been upset, and now he must do good until the balance is restored, abd good is no where near as fun as slightly evil, or a lil chaotic.

ooc: I rerolled using the generator, I'll send it when I'm on my other comp.

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas invited the others to join his table as he breakfasted on his favourite wild boar sausages.
    "You look like you spent a rough night Knomal? Anyway my friends, I've been thinking. There is a Herald in the city, goes by the name of 'Dark Stag', I wonder if he might know something of the symbol?"

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 13, 2001).]

5. ayecapitan Guest

This was one of the few cases when Knomal desired a mug of ale to bolster his spirit. He was relieved at the thought that spirits are quarantined though, for never did he draw any good from drinking.

"Good morn to you too," he adressed Thomas, keeping his true emotions about the night to himself, "Herald... Good enough, 'tis worth a try..."

Knomal ordered a steak, and went deep into his morning (or late night?, he thought) meal. He was finished in a blink, and continued to stare into his plate.

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

He could swear he saw that fellow jump out of a tree.

Albrechto Horatio Pimm shook his head and rubbed his eyes... Yes, the strange man (was it a man?) was definately heading out of the tree-line towards the road that lead to the gate of Silverymoon. Interesting.

For the lack of anything better to do, Pimm (as most people called him, when they weren't referring to him as Albrechto or Horatio) decided to follow the man - at an extreme distance, just to see where he was going. They were, after all, heading towards the same destination - roughly.

Albrechto was feeling lucky, he was thinking this man that just hopped out of a tree was going to go do something interesting in town, and Horatio was always up for a little unpredictable entertainment.

Eventually the man steered into an inn, "The Bright Blade Brandished" "Eh?" he thinks to himself, "the man sleeps in a tree, then walks to an inn? Interesting indeed..."

Far behind the man, he eventually gets through the front door, and takes a casual look around. People eating, "I wonder if they're tennants here? I wonder if any of them slept in a tree..."

Pimm locates the man, who now appears to be an elf or a half-elf, walks right up and asks, "I take it, sir, that the lodgings here weren't to your expectations, but the food is decent enough to come back to?"

Seeing the look that his greeting brought on by his new aquaintences he backtracked, "Pardon my manners friends" the heavy man announces, "I'm Albrechto Horatio Pimm, would anybody care to sport me some breakfast - in exchange for some light healing perhaps?"

(Ooc Erran I'm emailing you the Character sheet right now)

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob rose, washed in a basin of cold water which had been conveniently left at the door of his room, dressed and walked downstairs, yawning and idly performing stretching exercises. "Ah, brothers!" he remarked, still half asleep, "I hope I have not missed breakfast! A new dawn brings us closer to exposing the rott..." he stopped, from the expressions he could see on the patrons he could tell some evil had transpired in the night. "What has happened?" he asked, coming sharply awake with the fear that the murders might start coming a little closer to home.

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

As the light streamed into the window and splashed against Xalen's face, his eyes slowly began to open. He arose in bed, still wearing what he had the night before and with his book open in his lap. He stretched toward the sky, trying to work the stiffness from his body. Looking down at his bed, he cursed to himself "Damn uncomfortable thing. One would think the owner might at least invest in some decent beddings."

Closing the book, he arose and walked over the the chair to check his armor and weapons. As his mind focused, a slip of paper near the door caught his eye. "This had better not be a bill. I paid the barkeep last night," he thought to himself."
    Picking up the paper, we walked toward the window as he read it. And as he read, anger pumped through his veins where blood had been minutes before. Xalen clinched his fists around the note, his knuckles turning white as he stared coldly out into the distance. "So, this is the way it shall be, then. I will not be made a fool or, nor shall I be dismissed. If you wish to make it personal, personal it shall be. Find a cleric and pray, my friend, for death shall not come quickly. I shall take great pleasure from toying with you just as you are with me now. Pray for mercy from your god, because you will find none with me."

With that, Xalen stormed from his room and bolted down the stairs. Seeing familiar faces from the night before sitting at a table, he marches toward them like a man possesed. As they obviously do not notice his aproach, he announces himself by slaming the note and his hand onto the table. "If any one of you knows anything of this, speak now."

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas scanned the note. "Oghma's beard!" he cussed, "but she's a cool customer. She must have followed us back here and slipped in during the night. Look, if anyone wants to leave now, I'll understand. The rest, follow me; let's see what 'Dark Stag' can tell us!"

Thomas led them to 'high class' part of Silverymoon near the High Lady's Palace. They stopped at a solid house with the sign of the Harper's over the door. He knocked and an elderly gentleman with bright, alert eyes came to the door in his dressing gown.
    "Sorry to disturb you, sire, but could you help us determine the origin of this symbol?" Thomas inquired. A fee was mentioned which Thomas paid.
    "Hmm, not part of any noble coat of arms, let me check the trademark register. Ah yes, I thought it looked familiar. 'The Crimson Serpent Trading Coster' motto: Infinite Destinations. They have a warehouse in the south of the city, off Spicer street."

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Upon hearing this bit of information, Xalen steps outside into the morning air to collect his thoughts. Breathing deeply, he checks his hastily donned armor and takes a minute or two to readjust it, feeling the extra minute might save a few years off his life later today in the state he was in. Coldly, he stared into the morning sky, and slowly reentered the building. Walking to Thomas, he turned his back to the old man and said, slowly and deliberately, "We need to think this out before we head anywhere near this group. If a trading coaster has any gold behind these actions, I'm sure those responsible are well worth the price they have paid. I will not be toyed with by anyone, but I will not give them any reason to take me as a fool either. We should come up with a plan of action before we advance any further. What do you think good bard?"

OOC: What's the channel # of the new roleplay chatroom? #namelessroom perhaps?

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Aye, you're right there, Xalen my friend. But on the other hand, if we wait too long the birds may fly the nest. So, does anyone have any bright ideas?"

OoC Check out Community on Sorcerer's nav bars, then chatrooms. The channel is #sorcerers_nwn , its a good idea to have mIRC. I can around from 10pm GMT - 12pm gmt tonight (I think thats 5pm - 7pm eastern)
    or 7am GMT (11pm pacific) if anyone wants to have a shot at 'live' online play.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob looked up at Thomas and Xalen. "By Glittergold, none are more anxious than me to expose murderous corruption in mercantile circles, be it these Crimson Serpents or their competitiors, but I agree with Xalen on the need for caution. Hmmmm. I have a slight mercantile upcringing, perhaps I could gather information, pretendin..." he stops abrublty and fear crosses his face as he thinks of Oliver. "Uhhhh, scratch that... claiming to be a business contact of Tadman's may very well be suicide."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 15, 2001).]

13. ayecapitan Guest

"An idea occured to me... Maybe our good friend Magenta's using the insignia of those Serpents to set them up... They might not be responsible, they might not even know of what is happening here lately... Xalen's um, note - does it have a serpent on it? And 'twould be purely logical to put your crimes on others' shoulders, to have time for reaching your goal with no interference. But o'course, let us check the possibility."

Knomal was going to tap on his hat, but noticed that the thing has disappeared during his stay in the docks.

"But if they are connected, it makes the situation tricky. How are we to approach them, as murderedrs or the victims?"

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited July 14, 2001).]

14. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Pimm furrows his brow, the men of this Inn are completely ignoring him, which means he's likely not going to be able to aquire something to eat for free. They're so caught up in some "serious" conversation that they don't seem to notice that he's trying to interrupt them.

He leans in closer to the group and asks, "Excuse me gentlemen... am I interrupting something?"

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob looks round and addresses Pimm, "If you must know comrade, we're investigating a murder- if you want to help you should probably talk to the bard." he indicates Thomas, then looks to Knomal. "I would have classed them as victims, given that Mr. Delver appears to have been a member."

16. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen drums his fingers on a nearbye counter as he stares blankly, furrowing his brow and digesting the other's opinions. Finally, he looks down at the gnome and says, "You may very well be right, sir. Seems that, if the man murdered was Delver, and he was the sender of the letter, then he must be tied into this trading coaster, and they must be the ones who have come into these artifacts. Or perhaps he alone has come into these artifacts, so this still in no way makes all of the members of this trade consortioum victims, as someone obviously didn't want that letter sent. Someone seems to want these artifacts for themselves, so it may be a mysterious outsider, or it may be a member of this merchant league. We should look into this carefully, perhaps have someone pose as a buyer interested in antiquities. Perhaps then we may get a feel for the members of this group, and have some idea as to whether they may be trusted."

"I have some limited knowledge of such magical artifacts, and it would apear that Knomal does as well. I'm willing to do what I can to help, as long as I am treated fairly if there are any rewards to be gained in all of this mess.....and as long as I am allowed to have my day with whoever has seen fit to taunt me while I sleep. Gentlemen, time is wasting away, we must decide upon a plan of action soon, if we are to solve this crime. What shall we do?"

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander sits back and becomes bored with all the speculation and idle chatter. He pulls out Draco, sets him on the table along with his ball, and watches him play. After a lil Draco becomes tired, and looks thirsty. As does Xander. So Xander attempts to cast create water in the jug on the table.

ooc: sorry I haven't been on, I'm starting a new job and now I gotta get up at 2:30am. I sent my new char sheet its much better than the last. 1st send was the wrong sheet, sent it from the wrong folder.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited July 15, 2001).]

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

IC "Yes Mr Pimm, we have a double murder to solve here. You are welcome to join us, I fear we may need all the help we can get!"

Xander succesfully creates a jugful of deliciously refreshing crystal clear water, using one of his Orisons.

OoC: Summarising last nights online session:

The party crossed the Moonbridge and entered the newer, south side of the city. They located the Crimson Serpent Trading Coster, a 2 storey warehouse off Spicer street.

Jakob volunteered to do a little scouting while Knomal and Thomas kept lookout. He entered the side office and successfully BLUFFed the clerk into believing he was a friend of Delver. He learned the following:
    * The Coster is owned by Miss deKrynn
    * Delver sometimes ships items in boxes to various addresses in Waterdeep and Luskan
    * The name 'Martok' did ring a bell for the clerk
    * The next waggon for Waterdeep leaves in 1 hour, at 9am
    * Jakob sent a sealed letter to Martok warning him he may be in danger, and left it with the clerk

He then left the coster and returned to tell his tale to the others waiting round the corner.

Jakob earns 50xp for his scouting.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 15, 2001).]

19. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Pimm, regards the story that his new diminutive friend has relayed. In scarcely a couple of hours upon entering the town, he's encountered a double murder and a completely independent group, free of the constraints of the law looking into it.

"And they told me this town was boring and stuffy" he thinks to himself.

Normally he wouldn't be very interested in solving someones murder who had no relation to himself, these fellows didn't even happen to get murdered in his presence. However as luck would have it, he arrived in time to see it starting to unravel, so taking it as a sign, he says, "Very well, I will lend my assistance if it is wanted."

"So would I be correct in assessing that our next step should be to locate this "Miss deKrynn?" or heading for Waterdeep?"

"Hmm, I've only been in town for morning, and I'm already talking about leaving..."

(Ooc was Martok the name on the letter found on the dead man?)

20. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas addressed the new 'recruit': "Well met, Master Pimm, your help would be much appreciated. The authorities seem to suspect our friend Myrdock at the Bright Blade of serving bad ale but we think otherwise. Jakob has sent a letter warning Martok in Waterdeep and he has established that Miss deKrynn is somewhere in yon warehouse. Now, what are we to do about it?"

Far away the bell at the Temple of Helm chimed for 8:15am.

OoC a) I am trying to break away from the old cliche that groups can ONLY form in taverns. Feel free to roleplay your characters in at any opportune moment, or e-mail me to work something out.

b) Live on-line session Monday night starts 5-7pm EST (10-12pm GMT)in the nameless chatroom. If we get 4 players or more we can commence to rock.

c) Any (US based) volunteers to co-DM?

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 16, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.