1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Destruction Derby!

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Sniper, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

With Ellen left looking into the fireplace, Conan and Cade take a moment to get better aquainted before setting off to secur the huts. On the first two huts, the duo were surprised attacked by goblins hiding in each of them. They were quickly put down and they turned towards the last hut but not before finding a key in one of the two huts.

Cade crept up on the last hut so as to not alert any possible occupants in the last hut and be yet again, stabbed by some surprised attacker. Luckily he was able to remain hidden and lure a goblin out. It stood no chance and was caught flatfooted. It was dispatched with ease. With that, an orc and goblin charged out and attacked Cade. Conan joined into the throng and the Orc immediately set upon the Half-Orc claiming him a traitor and one to eventually lose out in the long run. These taunts caused Conan to get angry and dealt the Orc a mighty blow which weakened him drastically. The Orc was then dispatched easily by Cade. The last Goblin's last memory was that of Conan's Axe head heading dead straight down towards its eyes...

A few moments later, Cade checked the bodies while Conan searched the hut. On the Orc was some gold plus a necklace with a strange symbol. He pocketed it and helped Conan unlock a chest that he had found in the hut. Using the key they found earlier, they opened the chest. Inside was what seemed to be what they were looking for - the paperwork! Conan placed these inside his back pack. Also inside the chest was another strange necklace looking like the one Cade found earlier, 30 gold pieces and 3 gems. Cade decided to carry the chest instead of taking anyhting else out... They walked back to where Ellen was still kneeling over the fireplace ... her face showing a mixture of feelings ...

Cade Stri - 450xp
    Conan - 350xp (and levels yah!)
    Ellen - 50xp (for finding an item that has linked the present with her past...)

[ August 18, 2002, 17:30: Message edited by: Sniper ]

2. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ellen gets up and faces her friends. "We have to go to the mines NOW. Since I assume this camp's been cleared of goblins and the likes, we had best be on our way. There is something at the mines that's causing this trouble since I was taken in by Aramil. I have to avenge my parents' deaths."

Ellen goes out and walks toward the mines in all haste.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Conan's mouth drops

"But Ellen, Aramil say that we should return immediately with papaerwork immediately after finding so that we don't run into thing we cannot fight ourself. Think about it, we return, get more healing potion yes? We have treasure buy more to help us. We hurt now ... We go now, we have no much aid ... me opinion is we go back Aramil to see what he say. He wise, he know what to do ... what you say? What you find at fireplace by the way?"

4. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"Hmm, Mayhap we should go back to this foster father of yours ... we're all hurt in some way, and it does make sense"

5. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen hesitates. Then she shakes her head. "Alright, we'll go back to Aramil to see what his judgement is. I just don't think we should lean on him any longer. One day he won't be there and then where will you lean to?"

OoC: Why do I feel I am silently being appointed the leader here? :p

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

The trio make their way back and encounter a Goblin. Cade Stri had the honour of killing it in one blow, they found a note on it saying ...

Puzzled, they make their way back to Aramil's Glade without further incident. Once back, Conan dissapears in Aramil's lodge to hand him the paperwork. He soon returns and tells them to wait outside for Aramil.

Shortly, the Elf comes out of his lodging and approaches them. He looks at Cade Stri...
    "Hail there, I see that you were rescued by my children. That is good. And i hear you also helped them. That is better! Anyway, after reviewing the paperwork i can say that I need every man and woman i can get. That paper work that we retrieved was very handy indeed. Alas, i have but these two youths at my disposal and i feel will require assistance, so if you could, could you aid them while i attend to other matters? I'd appreciate it and I'm sure that they will too ... Anyway, give me abit more time while you three rest up and heal yourselves..."

Aramil is about to turn away when he looks at Ellen.

"I heard from Conan that you found a few things ... a note or something from a building ... may i have it for now? It may prove some use to me and the future ..."

What ever happens, Aramil hands every one a cure light wounds potion and walks back into his lodging ...

Conan turns to the others ...
    "You guys reay to fight somemore? Oh yeah, Ellen, why you want go mines straight away?"

Ooc: Mission complete :D
    Which means mission experience ... aww aint i nice? 50xp for all of you!
    :p
    Nah i'm kidding :DSeriously though?
    1100xp for Conan, Cade and Ellen.

7. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen gives the note to Aramil and explains, "My parents were taken out by the undead around 60 years back (ooc: Sniper, you *did* say I fled at 64... :p ). Now the same band of undead are hoarding goblins at the mines. I want to avenge my parents' deaths, so they can rest in peace at last."

OoC: Sniper, I'm taking the extra 50xp ;)

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Aramil comes back out of his lodgings and approaches the group ... A look of anxiety seems to be washed permanently over his face. He looks up.

"Hmm, i have some very worrying news and I'm glad that we have all the information ... your note helps confirm this Ellen but i seriously doubt that its the same undead forces from before ... I mean, when I was fighting against them, they were nearly obliterated and a very small fraction escaped. And i doubt that this is the fraction ... if it was the fraction then we'd have been over run weeks ago. But what i have found is that as Ellen and the notes dictate, there is an evil presence in mines ... and from the owls, there is some undead activity ... but not as much as i feared. It appears that things are just stirring and the undead forces remain small while the goblins are still relatively active in the area..."

He pauses slightly allowing the news to sink in before continuing...

"However, i recall that roughly 2 years ago, the mines collapsed and many people were killed there ... hundreds possibly ... the goblins grew in numbers and with the help of the undead, i suspect that they laid waste to the settlement north of us ... and took up positions there ... why they didn't grow immediately and attack us while we were unaware i do not know ... anyway, currently, undead numbers don't number that many ... and even that number is not all at the mines ... they have another base which we don't know the location of ... but first lets look at the mines ... from the paperwork it says that the mines is a current breeding ground for the undead ... right now i can't go and the village below is being really inflexible stating that they can't lend the support of anyone ... they say they need all they can muster for the village... Anyway, I'll be out to scout more the forest to learn what i can ... I want you two to go and destroy what you can of the mines ... try to get inside and set the place alight and run out ... we have to be sure. Destroy all that lives and doesn't live in the mines so that we can be sure ..."

Aramil takes another breather ... and then turns to Cade Stri
    "If you are willing, I'd like you to accompany my children and aid them. I'd appreciate and i'm sure they would too... If you help them, me and the village then you can always be garrenteed a place back here to stay or rest which ever you wish ... should you seek refuge, come here with no worries ..."

Aramil turns to all of them...
    "Here take these potions ... I sense that you'll probably need them more than ever now ... expect tougher resistence ..."
    Aramil hands each of them 2 vials of healing (CLW), waves at them and runs off into the forest leaving the others standing there for a moment or two ...
    At length Conan speaks ...
    "So when you want decide who get treasure?"

9. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

Cade goes to put the vials in his belt pouch and finds the necklace, pulls it out and looks at it, trying to determine what its for/does/whatever ( :p ).

10. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen peers over the necklace. "No idea what it does. Alright, after we go through the mines we can divide the treasure, there is too little now. Shall we get going?" She presses and walks off.

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

The trio walk off into the woods in a North Westerly direction currently taking a cross country. They notice that the usual noise that a forest would make considering the life contained in a tree etc. is somewhat subdued. They know that something is wrong ... and they are heading its way.

Surprisingly, the first 2 hours of the journey remain uneventful. Its at this point that they decide to rest to recapture their breath. Thoughts of Goblins and undead hang heavy over their minds...

As they wait, an Owl flies over to Ellen and drops a small scrap of paper and then flies away.
    Upon inspection, it reads;

"Base is being watched at all angles but road more so. Surface guard numbering over 10 ... Goodluck - Aramil."

12. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen looks at the note and sighs. "Alright, it's evident we shan't go by the road, we'll have to go around and take them from behind. Either that or we can find a secret entrance into the mines, since, afterall, there had to be an emergency exit out of the mines before it collapsed. We should probably head off the road."

Ellen looks around and starts to walk in the underbush, taking a wide berth of the road.

13. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

"This be very slow going, but whatever works"
    Cade brings up the back of the party, watching to see if anything is out of place.

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Time passes and the next few hours remain uneventful though it is noticable that the forest sounds seem to have deadened quite a bit...

As they plough through the forest, they notice that there are glimers of an open area. Upon some further inspection they can make out a small settlement type of base within another glade... Looking southwards, they notice the road entering the camp. There are also two guard towers overlooking the road... everything seems alittle quiet...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.