1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: A Mazing Place

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sat night online:

Hayden, Milla and Lassael moved the sarcophagus lid. A mummy emerged. Sarathien, Jakob and Garacaius were overcome by despair and were unable to move. Hayden struck the creature with his axe but did no damage. Milla doused it in oil and Lassael light it with a torch. The enraged mummy felled Hayden with a mighty blow and he was down and bleeding. Lassael moved to his aid while Milla continued with the oil attacks. Garacaius shrugged off the despair and attacked with magic missiles. The mummy went down under the combined attack.
    Around its neck they found a gold chest ornament and a silver crescent moon which they used to open the door. In the sarcophagus they found in ivory flute which they gave to Iztar.
    Hayden and Lassael gained 250 xp
    Milla and Garacaius gained 225 xp

Wed night online:
    the passage beyond led into a maze like area of catacombs. A musical whistling sound echoed through the passages. A skeleton lay in each niche, with its rib cage rising and falling in time to the music. There were HUNDREDS of skeletons.
    As they explored the maze they found their way to the centre. There lay a 25ft square room with an animated statue in the centre, playing a flute. Around its neck a scroll case was slung. There were 4 metal poles around the statue, black, red, amber and green; ending in little cups. They could not pass between them to get near the statue, some force held them back.
    They continued to explore the maze and came to 2 doors. Jakob opened one and it was a one way door which lead back to the begining of the maze. After another circuit he tried the other door. This lead up a curving set of steps and into a natural cavern. They paused to regain their breath.

100 xps to Hayden, Garacaius, Milla, Lassael and Jakob.

2. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I drew 'Lassael!

It's at http://tiamat.envy.nu/Lassael.jpg - paste it into your address bar because the stupid host doesn't allow remote-linking.

Wheee! Spam! :p

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited February 23, 2002).]

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sat night online

Passing through the natural cavern the dripping water seemed like mourners tears, the party were affected by magical sadness. Jakob and Garacaius suffered most. At the end was a stone door which Jakob dealt with.
    Then they entered a huge temple carved in the rock. Garacaius noticed candles attached to the pillars and he took one of each colour. Milla explored the statues of Selene and Amanuator at the far end but fell through a trap door into the maze below. Her tumble ability minimized the damage. The others dropped a rope to help her out.
    As they approached the altar they were attacked by the Shadow of Yezal. Milla was drained of strength. Lassael's greatsword struck but did no damage, so she grabbed Sarathien's magical longsword. Garacaius let fly with magic missiles and Hayden cast magic weapon on his axe then charged.
    Yezal was destroyed, his last words were "thank you". Milla glanced at the altar but didn't see anything unusual. She made notes of all the runes she could see.
    They then searched the north side passage which led to an underground lake with 'stepping stones' 5 ft apart. Milla jumped from stone to stone, only slipping once into the icy black waters of the lake, taking cold damage. On the far side a waterfall poured into a font. When she drank from the font she felt a little better. Garacaius used mage hand to send over a cup and canteen which they filled with the water. Milla returned safely.
    The southern side passage led to a 25ft square room with a flame in the far corner. Holes dotted the floor; when Hayden tossed a torch in, a jet of flame shot out of a nearby hole. The party debated about what to do next.

220 xps each to Garacaius, Lassael, Jakob. Milla and Hayden.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited February 24, 2002).]

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob sits down against a wall and mops his brow with a grimy rag he pulled out his sleeve. "Run this past me again," he says, " In this place, full of traps, crazy magic stuff and undead guardians - this place which has already exerted a heavy toll on all of us - I thought I had it bad with the lampreys, but after what's happened to Milla and Hayden... anyway, in this place we've found some golden cups, ice cold water and magical fire. Now, one of you is going to drink the water and *walk* through the fire? Just casually stroll through magical fire, with just a hunch that the water *might* protect you? And then, at the other end - what? It seems like a ritual of some kind but any clues are written in a forgotten language! My personal guess would have something to do with filling a cup with oil and lighting it from the big flame - but I'm sure you *great* and *wise* people have it all worked out. And remind me again what we hope to achieve by all this, besides waking up an army of undead? This place will finish us of yet, just you wait...just wait..."

5. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Jakob just a little patients. "

Hayden looks to the group. "If we can just rest a little while, I can translate the writing we found over the door and on the alter, which no doubt will prove usefull. Also, I can remove some of the effects that Yezal put on you Milla, plus, I can cast a spell that will protect whoever goes into the fire room here... Now what say you all, think we have time to recuperate?"

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Not sure, how long time do we have left till Fynn arrives? If we don't exit with him, I don't we are going to exit this place at all. But if times allow us I am for it."

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Iztar looked at the others: "I think we have been here for about 12hrs. That means we have just 11hrs left until Fynn returns with the boat."

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"It's going to be a tight run if we have to make it Hayden, but if you think we can do it, I'll put my faith in you."

9. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

OOC: Would Hayden know about how much time it would take to get spells back? and if so, how long?

10. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Why is that a problem? We have a clear passage back to the jetty, one of us could simply go there and ask Fynn to return once again."

Despite the words, Sarathien was feeling far from calm. Being paralyzed was a new and not too pleasant experience for the elf, and after that he felt as if they were only running circles in their quest.

Pacing across the corridor, the ranger tried to think about the problem at hand, reasoning loudly.

"Four cups.... four different colors... four elements perhaps? We have encountered water and fire already, could there be somewhere where we could find the earth and the air as well?"

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"I dunno, I tried putting some dirt in one of the cups and nothing happened. Perhaps it wasn't good enough. Anyhow I have the 4 candles with the same colors as those cups, must be connected if you ask me."

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

OoC Hayden would know it would be 24 hrs before Tempus would grant him more spells.

13. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"Hmm... Tempus wouldn't grant me his powers for longer than I think the we are willing to wait. It would be well past the time to meet Fynn. So forget that idea, unless you guys want to meet Fynn and come back later."

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed night online:

Garacaius poured some oil into one of the cups then used mage hand to float it over to the flame and ignite it, then he floated it back.
    They returned to the altar and re-examined it. Sarathien noticed it had a removeable lid. Jakob found it was magically trapped. He attempted to disarm it but heard a crackle. He flung himself aside just in time to avoid a bolt of lightning that shot from the statue of Amanuator and exploded against the altar in a shower of sparks. "I think it's safe now" he declared.
    Sarathien and Lassael removed the lid. Inside they found a skeleton holding a staff. Sarathien removed it and Garacaius cast detect magic. The result was curious: the staff was magic, but the magic was in some way 'dormant'.

100 xps for Milla, Garacaius, Lassael and Sarathien
    150xps for Jakob.

15. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"If this is truly the staff depicted on the mural down in the chamber of Amanuator, then we cannot praise our luck enough! This may be the very weapon we came here searching for, the one tool to thwart the plans of the Mori'Quessir and the Zhentarim!"

Sarathien wipes the grime off his forhead with a tired gesture, but in his eyes there is hope once more.

"But just as one riddle is solved, another appears. How do we get the staff to work? How do we restore its powers for us to use?"

The ranger turns towards the now open altar and once more starts looking it over.

"There has to be a clue somewhere..."

EDIT: Come on fellows, let's keep this moving on the board. There's no need to save everything for the online sessions. In fact we should do as much as possible here on the board so we can get down on the real action once we go into the chat room. So get to posting!! :p

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited March 01, 2002).]

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob looks at Sarathien. "I'm afraid I can't be much help. Magic's hardly my area of expertise," he mumbles with a rueful glance towards the altar which now bears several interesting scorch marks, " that blasted thing...could have - would have...*killed* me if I hadn't been lucky....a split second later and...it doesn't bear thinking about...."

Jakob's voice fades into silence and he just stands staring numbly at the altar, occaisonaly muttering to himself about the futility of his situation.

17. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"why are these adjacent rooms here? There must be some purpose for them. Are they related to the dormant power of the staff? If so there has to be some way to activate it."

Milla looks at the statues and the altar to see if there is any spots that looks as if it was meant to be occupied by the cups or their content.

"Maybe it's only activated in the precense of those blobs, which I presume are 'the dark'. I hope not, because then we would maybe find out too late..."

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Maybe we need to do something in the rooms, to activate the staff?" 'Lassael ponders.

19. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"What if the reason is more complex than that?"

Sarathien looked thoughtfully at the statue of Amanuator.

"This must be a staff of the Sun, a staff which used to draw its magic from the power of Amanuator. What if the reason that the staff is dormant has to do with Amanuator no longer being worshiped in Toril?"

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob stops his self absorbed mumbling and looks towards Sarathien. "If that's the case then our situation really is bleak. How can we possibly restore the power of a deity which has been forgotten for generations? If we were to wake the Netheril, there would be a whole lot of Amaunatorites in Faerun - but it's rather easy to guess how they would react to a bunch of intruders on their sanctified ground who have stolen sacred relics. It's a lose-lose situation as far as I can see, comrades. I can only hope one of you clerics knows something I don't."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.