1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: A New Direction

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

18th Eleint

Bazza had kept the Mage Hall clean, tidying up the mess in the Hall of Mirrors. He made a light supper for Sarathien, Milla and 'Lassael and had their beds warmed.

The next day dawned bright and clear, giving everyone new hope. Iztar was hoping for the emerald necklace she had seen in the jewellers.

2. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Waking up, Hayden rollS over and yells in Jakob's direction, "TEMPUS BE PRAISED, A GLORIUS MORNING, WOULDN'T YOU AGREE JAKOB!!"

Hayden gets out of bed and offers his morning prayers to Tempus. "I wish the rest would come back through. I want to go get that armor.."

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius woke up from a pleasent night in the company of Iztar. Lieing and observing her sleep as he usually did due to elven resting habits. After awhile he got up and was reminded of the gold he had won the other night.

Hmm.. perhaps I can afford some magic gadgets with this amount of money, or an elven cloak.

He dresses up, packs his gear and then wakes up Iztar with a kiss.

"Morning my precious, you said there was something you wanted to show me?" He says with a smile.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 31, 2002).]

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob rolled over and groaned. Clutching his head, he sat up. "Already..?" he asked, "It must be a good few hours until cock-crow yet. I certainly could do with some more sleep. Uhhhhhhhh - what exactly happened - I know I don't want to cross any of you guys, but I feel like I've been through a round in the pit myself. Now lemme sleep." With that he curled into a ball and pulled the blanket over his head.

5. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Once through to the other side, Sarathien turns to `Lassael.

"It is perhaps not my place to do so, but let me welcome you to Bazza's Hall, at the edge of the Lurkwood north of Nesme. This mirror provides us with instant travel across half of Faerûn. I trust you will not speak of this to anyone."

The ranger then smiles and says, "Come, let us go see Bazza, if I know him right he is probably dying to make us supper. We will talk more later."

During supper, Sarathien tries to sum up the situation, (ooc hopefully :)) aided by Milla.

"We have stumbled upon a plot that if it comes to fruitition could very well threaten the entire world.
    It seems some people of evil disposition have come across a way to release an ancient guardian spirit, created by the Netheril. Its original purpose was to guard the Netheril against their enemies, some strange race called the Phaerimm or something similar. In any case, it seems this spirit went amok and so the Netheril imprisoned it somehow.

Some years ago, an old Netherese scroll surfaced somewhere in the Moonsea region, a scroll that supposedly tells of a way to heave this imprisonment and let the spirit loose once again. The scroll was kept in an abbey close to where we are now, but when we went there to see it, it was discovered to be a fake, the original had been stolen.
    We believe the man who now has the scroll is one General Zog, a high-ranking Zhent, head of their "external affairs" or something equally vague.
    We know that there are several parties involved in this, the once we first came across were a band of Mori'Quessir. We have also encountered a priest of Bane, and then this Zog and the Zhents.

We knew Zog had taken the scroll to the Moonsea region, and we were very fortunate to find this mirror portal. It was a mere coincidence, but it could not have come more conveniently. We went through and started searching for clues, but when we found out Zog had become a Zhentish high-up, we almost despaired. No way we could get the scroll back from Zhentil Keep.
    Then we heard from the Bishop of Tyr of a wise druidess, Elaine of the Quivering Forest, who might be able to shed light on the situation. We went to see her, but we came back with more questions than answers I fear. She did give us a riddle though, currently our only clue as to what we should do next. The riddle goes:

Those that ye seek are the last of their line
    They sleep their long sleep, hidden by time
    So seek the hidden channels that run
    East of the Moon and West of the Sun.

We had just returned from her as we met you, so that would be all of it I think. What do you think of it all?"

---------------------------------------------

As the next day dawns, Sarathien gets ready to return, hurrying Milla and `Lassael along.

"We should get back to the others as soon as possible, then be off to see Uto. Are you coming?

OOC: Tiamat, if you haven't already go read http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000093.html
    and http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000095.html

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited February 01, 2002).]

6. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

'Lassael nods.

"I hope I may be of some help. The defeat of evil is a paladin's goal...perhaps my travels were guided to Phlan for a purpose...."

She pauses, a thoughtful expression crossing her face.

"Yes, I am coming...."

Through her mind are run the lines of the druidess's riddle....

7. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

Hayden was just finishing doning his armor as the group came through the mirror. "Ahhh... was wondering when you all would get back..."

Walking over to Jakob, Hayden nudges him with his boot. "You going to get up today or do you want to stay?"

After getting Jakob's answer, Hayden heads out the door. "Lets go, we need to catch up with Garac, and Iztar. We have much to do today."

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob rose muttering curses, and hurriedly bundled up all his possessions. Still only half awake, and shooting dark looks at the paladin and cleric he stumbled out of the door.

9. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

Leading the way, Hayden heads back to the inn that Garac and Iztar stayed at. Entering the inn, Hayden looks around for Garac.

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

After hearing a great deal about some emerald necklace at the jeweler's, Garacaius and Iztar walks downstairs to have breakfast. After awhile Hayden comes in.
    "Hayden, over here champ!" Garacaius calls across the inn and start thinking where the road might lead this day.

11. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"There you are, Garac" Hayden approaches the table and takes a seat. "Well, we have a busy day. Lets get some breakfast first. How about a nice greasy strip of pork, Jakob?" Hayden smiles and orders some breakfast.

"I know the first stop I want is the Matteo's Arms and Armour and then maybe to check on those maps. What say you, Garac?"

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Sounds good to me Hayden, though I need to go with Iztar to the jeweler's place first. But after that, sure. We might figure some more of those mountains from Uto, if we're going there that is."

Garacaius finishes his breakfast and makes ready to go.

13. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"Sure thing, Garac."

Hayden eats and pays for his breakfast also. Once finished he makes ready.

"First to the jewlers, then to Matteo's, then to the mapmaker. Anywhere else?"

After looking to the group, Hayden follows Garac. "You lead the way, Garac."

[This message has been edited by Ksiel (edited February 02, 2002).]

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius let Iztar show them the way to jewelers. Entering the shop he looks around, wondering what exactly it is Iztar had in mind.

"What did you have in mind my dear?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited February 02, 2002).]

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

Entering the jewellers Iztar was quick to point out an exquisite emerald necklace.
    "Aha, I see madam has good taste" said Kardovarian, the jeweller: "a bargain at only 500gp"

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"500!?" Garacaius clearly looks surprised, but then continues in a more controlled voice; "Let's say 400 and you will be able to sell it as well as I will be able to buy it."

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Very well sir, 400gp it is. I ask only this, when people ask your beauteous friend where she got the necklace - tell them Kardovarian of Phlan!"
    Iztar seemed delighted with the gift and gave Garacius a hefty *smooch* right there in the shop.

18. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"Don't think you get that from me for buying that armour, Garac."
    Hayden walks out of the store wondering why females find value in such trifle things as necklaces.

"To the Arms and Armor?"

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

Matteo greeted them as they entered:
    "Still interested in the Banded armour? you couldn't spend your 250gp any more wisely. Do you want to trade in your old armour?"

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

After Iztar's "assualt" he says goodbye to the Jeweler; "Aye, indeed I will good sir."

"Yes Hayden, we will go there and you shall have your armor. You've deserved it." Garacaius then finds 250gp and hands them to Hayden.

ooc: argh! my gold! my gold! where is it! argh!

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited February 02, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.