1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Back to Nesme

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

9th Eleint

While the adventurers slept the dwarves had been busy. They 'cleansed' the mine of the bodies of the hobgoblins, burning them on a pyre outside. They had neatly bundled their 9 longswords and the drow's morningstar. The party awoke to the smell of dwarven porrage cooking.
    "Haha, tuck in, this will put hairs on yer chests, oh pardon me miss Milla." Laughed Bombas. "3 of us will stay and guard the mine and the rest will return to Nesme for supplies. We would appreciate it if you would travel with us. As for Khor, I think he may be ready for a career change, eh?"

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla wakes up to the delicious smell of the dwarves cooking.
    "That smells great Bombas"
    Milla serves herself a big portion of the food and sits down to eat. After having satisfied her stomach she picks up the hand xbow that the drow had tried to use (ooc unless someone already has). Not being familiar with this kind of weapon she decides to try it out at a later time.

"Yes Bomba great idea, with you four and the six of us we shouldn't be troubled by anything on our way back."

"What do the rest of you think?" Milla looks at Jakob, Garacaius, Sarathien and (Grog) for support.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Hmm?" Garacaius looked rather uninteresting in going anywhere during his breakfast. After finishing, he stands up and start wiping dirt of his clothes. Meeting Milla's look he replied:
    "10 of us, a small army indeed. I don't see no trouble in reachin Nesme. Ugo would probably be glad to know things are alright as well."

Ooc: Sorry 'bout that, maybe I should have warned ya ;). Still trying to catch him, I don't know. More like escaping him, but if he does cross our path, hehe, I wouldn't mind loosen of an another bolt :)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 05, 2001).]

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] ooc: Lokken, it took me forEVER to track down your story... didn't realize you'd been here since the beginning! Ended up reading the whole forum. :p
    Is the group still trying to track down Er-Cam?

IC: "Aye, Bombas, no more mining for me if I can help it. I need to stretch me legs a bit. Hunting drow sounds like as good a way as any other; what's the use of living if you don't take no risks?" Khor belched as he finished his porrage. "Me mum didn't cook much better than this, friend. I'm much obliged for the breakfast."

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited October 05, 2001).]

5. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien wakes up feeling sore indeed, itching burnmarks all over his body. He looks to the scrollcase with the strange note, but realizes it will have to wait another day.
    Before breakfast, he steps outside the cave and spends some time communing with Rillifane, regaining lost spells. He uses one healing spell on himself, then steps back down to have breakfast.

"Ah, Khor, you're in as bad shape as I was, allow me to help you with that."

Sarathien casts his second cure spell on the helpful dwarf, his burns lessen considerably but unfortunately curative magic can't restore burnt beard...

ooc: ;)

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Well laddies, and er you miss Milla," Bombas blushed, unused to female company;
    "Now we've eaten our fill, how's about hitting the Nesme trail? I can't wait to see Ugo's ugly mug again!"

The dwarves marched out, singing an enevitable song about the virtues of precious metals.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius followed, and enjoyd the open land once they got out of the mine while taking a deep breath. Looking with longing eyes at the sky, he was reminded once more that civilization hadn't corrupted every place in the land.

Ahh, nature's sky above me, so friendly indeed...

Seeing people starting to group, he thought it wise to check if everyone was there.

"Well, I'm ready to go, everyone here?"

Garacaius looked around to make a head count, but gave up as the dwarves were partly leaving. He just followed and hoped if anyone was missing, he or she would know their way if they weren't with them.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 05, 2001).]

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob finishes off his porridge, sighs deeply, and announces "Now, that beats trail rations any day, but a little bit of fermented..." He suddenly realises he is addressing an empty room, and scrambles off after the others. He catches up to the group at the mine entrance. "Thank goodness I didn't fall behind again," Turning to the nearest dwarf he extends his hand, and introduces himself. Suddenly realising he is talking to Khor, he grins sheepishly and turns to a dwarf he hasn't been introduced to yet.

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31

The group makes there way towards Nesme leaving the mine behind. The day progresses uneventful.

Walking together with Garacaius, Jakob, Sarathien and Khor some yards behind the merry dwarves Milla feels a little relaxed.

"Seeing as we have faced some difficult times together I think it is time to tell you a little about myself.
    I have been raised by monks from when I was five years old to just recently. During that time I have had many teachers teaching everything from fighting, moving quietly and healing.
    Training alone however can only take you so far. It comes to a point where a young monk such as myself has to get experience in the world outside the monastery to better serve the god.
    So here I find myself in the middle of the savage frontiers travelling in what direction fate will take me"

Milla suddenly gets more serious.

"I say fate, but lately I am beginning to suspect that it is my god that guides me ever so subtle. For whatever reason I can't imagine.
    Maybe it has something to do with this Er-Cam character you mentioned Garacaius. Or maybe not. Only time will tell."

"Anyway, as you may have noticed I am a monk of the broken ones and as such I am devoted to help all who hurt and fight any injustice"

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] "A monk of the Broken Ones?" Khor scratched at what was left of his beard. "Can't say that I've heard of 'em. Which god is it that you worship?"

ooc: What are my HP now?

11. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"I am but a humble servant of Ilmater, also known as The Broken One"

Milla gives an exaggerated bow and smiles widely at Khor.

"Ilmater is one of the gods in the Triad"

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

The journey back to Nesme was uneventful, apart from a rinstorm that drenched them to the skin. They arrived at the west bank gate just before dusk. The guard advised them to hurrry as the gates were closed to non citizens at sunset. Bombas said he would head directly to Ugo's.

OoC assume everyone back to full HP thanks to Sarathien and a nights sleep.

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius wanted to follow Bombas to Ugo, just in case something should happen. He didn't want to lose him after all what they had been through. He looked on the others before asking:

"I'm going with Bombas, just to make sure everything is ok. Who carried the swords anyway? I could drag them along and get a price for them we could share. I'll meet you at the inn later."

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Milla stifles a yawn.

"Yeah Garacaius, I'll go with you. And then we can visit Jygil some time tomorrow."

Milla helps Garacaius carry the excess weapons to Ugo.

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob shrugs, "Yeah, sure," He says, "I don't want to get split up from you bunch again, done that far too often. But while we're walking, I'd better follow Milla and tell you guys a bit about mesel'. After all, it's not right that we go about risking our lives for each other, and trusting each other with our lives when we not know squat about one another. I've told Garaciaus a bit, just after the incident with the Baron, " Jakob repeats what he told Garaciaus, then continues " After I came to Silverymoon I joined a few groups, trying to find one that suited me, and fit my belief that the world could do with a bit more freedom. Umm, I've been in the Gnomo-Dwarven Organisation for the Liberation of Delvers, the Gnomish Revolutionary Front, The Anti-Magic League, The Pro-Magic League, and am currently with the Alliance of the Undersized and the Levellers (Part of the Anti-Feudalism Movement by the way). Uh, anyway, while I was trying to y'know figure out what I wanted to do an' how I could do my bit for liberty and equality an' all I had to suppport myself, an, well, I didn't learn much of my trade, so I did a spot of pickpocketing... it...it's not something I'm proud of. So now, I've basically.. no, no, I'm basically - not a rebel without a cause, but a rebel with too many causes. I'm just drifting about really, trying to strike a blow for freedom an' the rights of the working individual and of course get wasted on turnip vodka! Maybe I'll also meet a nice gnomish lady *sigh* I can but hope, I can but hope... Also, since I've seen that murder in the tavern, and all the fighting we've been in - I've got to thinking, but I'm no philosopher. Eh, I see I've prattled on enough, I'm probably boring you - I'll save the rest for some other time yeah..."
    Jakob promptly shuts up his annoying yammering and goes back to silently following.

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ugo was overjoyed to see Bombas again, and the others. He listened gravely to the tale of the hobgoblin take-over of the mine and how the party had liberated the dwarves.

He gave them 80gp for the weapons and promised to extend the 'family discount' to all those involved in the rescue, which entitles them to weapons at 5% below the list price. Garacaius got 17gp for the pair of longswords.

*Now, I will shut up shop and let us go to the 5 gold crowns for some strong dwarven ale!"

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 08, 2001).]

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius laughed: "Don't worry Jakob, it is delightful to know with who you are traveling," and patted the little gnome's shoulder. Garacaius sold his own two longswords he had been carrying around since the time of Er-cam's ambush.

Garacaius replied Bombas in a glad tone: "Yes, let's get some ale before thinking of tomorrow's trouble," and he walked toward the inn.

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Milla accepts the money (not sure what to do with it) and they make their way to the Inn.

Arriving at the Inn they found themselves a big enough table for the party. Having downed the first ale Milla tries to do some planning for the morrow.

"I guess with have some errands to do tomorrow, maybe we should split up."
    Milla counts on her fingers.
    "We need to find someone who can read that letter in undercommon.
    We should also try to find out more about that wand.
    And of course some of us need to go to Jygil to report the situation."

"I can try my luck at temple area with the letter, I should make a visit there anyway. And at lunchtime or so we could gather to go before the city council"

"What do you think?", Milla looks around at her comrades.

19. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

OOC:
    Nailo is a male half-elf. He has dark brown hair and dancing green eyes. He is of average build & height. He is dressed in traveled stained clothes, with leather armor worn over them. There is a short sword strapped to his side. He also has a pack with him.

One other thing, I am not familiar with this board completely yet. I assume that italics are used for thoughts.

IC:
    Stepping off the barge, Nailo was happy to in Nesme. The trip from Silverymoon was slower than normal. The captain said it was due to the river being so low, and that was also the reason for the terrible smell.

Nailo thinking to himself, "Nothing better than the atmosphere of a good common room to raise one's spirits. What was the name of that inn the cap had told me about? 5 Crowns? Something like that. Ahhhh...well, I will find it." Gathering himself up, Nailo quickly set forth up the street. After a few minutes, he makes his way to the Inn. Ahh.. the 5 Gold Crown Inn. Knew I would find it. I'll take luck any day." Opening the door and hearing all the cheers for the patrons, a smile crept across his face.

Stepping in to the room, Nailo takes a quick survey of the room. "The captain was right, this is a good inn." Walking up to the bar, he asks a gloomy fellow, "Is this seat taken?" Not waiting for an answer, he plops down on the stool and sets his pack against the bar on the floor. Asking the little barkeep for a glass of hot spiced wine, he says, "Nice place you have here, barkeep. What do you have to eat? I could use a good cooked meal. And is there any good news in this place?" Leaning over to the gloomy man sitting next to him, Nailo asks, "Do you like to dice? Gambling always raises my spirits." Finally shutting his mouth, he leans forward, listens and waits.

[This message has been edited by Ksiel (edited October 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ksiel (edited October 09, 2001).]

20. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien answers Milla:

"No need to go to a temple, just give me a night's rest and I can translate it tomorrow.

About the other things, I suppose Garacaius wants to see about the wand, so perhaps you and Jakob should go see Jygil."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.