1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Business in Nesme

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

7th Eleint

The next morning Milla and Garacaius had fully recovered from the stirge attacks. Matilda advised Milla that if it was arms or armour she wanted, Ugo Trollslayer was her best bet, but for general goods Geraldo at Miners Provisions had a wide range.

Magrit and Samual arrived and announced they were headed to the Council House to report on the happenings at Forkbeard's Ranch. They asked if anyone would join them and Thomas said he would, would anyone else?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius rise from his table and approach them,

"I'd very much like to come along, I have the journal as evidence in Forkbeard's evil doings as well, if the guard would arrest us. I'm in full health and have all the supplies I need."

With no more words needed to be spoken Garacaius joined the little group and looked at the rest of the party for anyone willing to follow.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 13, 2001).]

3. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"I have some business to take care of, but this clearly takes precedence. I will of course join you as well"

Milla, having finished her breakfast, rises from the table and joins the group by the door.

4. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Grog come say he fight bad women, bad women hurt Grog and him *points to Garacius* and ugly man with mace try killing Grog"

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

They went to the Council House and came before Deputy speaker Jygil Zelnatha, one time high priestess of Waukeen. She listened to their stories and read the journal Garacaius showed.
    "There were those of us who had our doubts about the Baron. To lose one wife is unfortunate, to lose 4 is downright careless. I will send a detachment of riders to investigate the ranch. If they find things as you describe then you deserve the thanks of Nesme. We welcome resourceful adventureres like yourselves, indeed there is a commission you may be interested in."

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"I'm mostly glad this is over with, I don't like being around undead. But speak please, we might be able to help you, I assume it's about the barbarian raids?"

Garacaius coughs and proceeds

"Will Magrit be the new owner of the estate then?"

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

"There is no doubt about the validity of Magrit's marriage, I myself attended the ceremony. Once the Baron is certified dead and our investigations are complete the Estate will revert to her. This may take a tenday.
    As to the other matter, it may relate to barbarians but I doubt it. There has been no word from the Dwarves at the Lucky Axe Mine for over a month. Normaly one of their number returns to town for supplies every tenday or so. I would appreciate it if you could check and see if everything is well. Ugo Trollslayer is a cousin of one of the miners, he may be able to tell you more."

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Hmm... would be there be some sort of reward of this task? The promise of gold might easier turn my comrades attention to the course. I will let you know as soon as the party has reached a decision, and Ugo you say, I think I will have to talk to him as well. Thank you my Lady."

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"Oh, I almost forgot. Here are some keys to the place. Maybe there's a key to the gate as well, we never bothered to find out."
    Milla hands over the keys to Jygil Zelnatha.

As they walk out of Council House Milla just remembers something.
    "Garacaius, since you're one of those magic-thingie-guys maybe you should check this mace that the baron dropped. You know just in case?"
    Milla takes out the mace and tries to determine the quality. (being a complete novice in those kind of things..)

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob sees the party walking out of the council house and slaps his forehead. "G'ah!" He exclaims, " I guess it's too late now to petition for the farmhands to get their back pay. I suppose that's in Magrit's hands now!"

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Fear not, Master Jakob. I will make the welfare of the farmhands and the horses my priorities as and when I am granted title over the Ranch. And the previous wives shall be given proper burial in hallowed ground." said Magrit.
    The Baron's mace radiated no dweomer, but it was exceptionaly well made and balanced and constructed of fine materials.

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Grog get payed now?" *He looks hopeful*

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Hmm... This is skillful craft indeed Milla, made by a master craftsman I presume, this kind of weapon does not come cheap. It might not be magical, but perhaps in the future I will be able to imbue it with magic powers."

Garacaius hands the mace back to Milla after scrutinizing it, and starts walking toward Ugo Trollslayer's.

Dwarven miners, why, oh why am I leading myself into this. I couldn't care less for a bunch of dwarves, though these folks seem purer of heart than the townspeople in Silverymoon. Hmm... I wonder if we have seen the last of that drow, the fallen ones...

While entering the shop, Garacaius' mind returns to his current whereabouts and he looks around, trying to determine what sort of fella this Ugo is.

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Entering Ugos shop together with Garacaius they find themselves facing Ugo himself.

Milla starts speaking dwarven:
    "Well met, friend of the mountains. We have just come from the Deputy speaker Jygil Zelnatha who has told us of her concern for the dwarves at Lucky Axe Mine. She has asked us if me and my friends could investigate things. Can you tell us anything about the circumstances?"

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ugo's face darkened: "Welcome, tall one. Yes, the last time I saw young Bombas was midsummer eve, which is most unusual. He's usually popping back into town for supplies every tenday or so. Why, it was one o' my pickaxes that made the lucky Chardalyn strike."

16. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Milla continues:
    "I see, it's seems that there is some reason for concern here. What can you tell me about the mine? Is it far away? How many work there? How would we find our way there?"

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

"How far? About a day's march, north of the Surbrin, in some cliffs. I can draw you a map. There's usually a dozen dwarves at work there." Ugo replied.

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"Fine, we will get back to you"

Before leaving the shop Milla takes the opportunity to buy 20 xbow bolts. She also asks Ugo what the mace might be worth (she is not prepared to sell just yet).

Heading back to the inn Milla stops at Geraldos 'Miners Provisions' to try to sell off the perfume and to buy 4 trail rations.

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ugo offered Milla 155 gp for the mace, the bolts cost 2gp. She got 90gp for the perfume from Geraldo, the rations cost 2gp.

Sat nite online;
    Grog entered Ugo's, followed by Majikus, just as Milla was leaving. He sold the gold wire, shield, warhammer, shortsword and crossbows and bought a longbow and arrows. Ugo showed him a craftsman made Greataxe which made his mouth water. Ugo told him it was his for 100gp IF he brought cousin Bombas back safe from the mine.

Grog and Majikus then went over to the Temple district to see if he could get anything for the wooden leg and empty potion bottle. Dranby, the apothecary, gave him 1sp for the bottle but could not help with the leg. While negotiating, Grog had his purse cut by Rannos, one of the temple gang of thieves. He felt nothing, nor did he when another thief took his greataxe.

However he did notice the thief with the axe and said "Grog have axe just like that see?" then was surprised to find he didn't have an axe. Slowly the cogs of Grogs mind whirred, helped by Dranby miming the stealing of the axe. "You got Grog's axe?" he accused. Figuring they weren't going to bluff their way out the thieves struck. Majikus loosed off a couple of magic missiles and in the ensuing melee both he, Grog and one of the thieves fell. Dranby had taxen a potion of invisibility and slipped Grog a healing potion before going outside to call for the Watch. As Rannos was about to slit Grog's throat a Watchman arrived and engaged him. A third thief joined the fray as Grog and Majikus slipped deeper into a coma. Majikus's cat, Hook, leapt on Rannos scratching and biting enough to allow the Watchman to gain the upper hand, despite being attacked on two sides. A second watchman arrived and the third thief fled.
    Dranby revived Grog and Majikus with potions, then presented them with a 'medical' bill for 100gp. Grog slew one of the thieves before the Watchman could stop him. The unconcious Rannos was taken away for questioning. Grog continued on his way, looking for more healing and Magrit.

150 xp each for Grog and Majikus. The thief had 35gp, leather armour, shortsword, shortbow and 40 arrows.

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus rubs his head and pays Dranby the bill...

"Thankyou for reviving me my friend..." Majikus looks back down at his remaing 7 gold pieces and fistfull of silver and copper coins and groans..."Man! I'm now nearly begging!"

Majikus trumbles after Grog with Hook at his side. As they are walking behind Grog, Majikus tosses a few bits of meat which Hook consumes and then asks "So, where are we off to now my friend?"

EDIT: Just so that i don't forget and keep having to add, currently i have 670xp.

"Grog, also before answerin my first question, how shall we share the treasures?"

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited September 16, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.