1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Service is Terrible

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sat night online: 11th Eleint

The party rode back to Nesme shortly after daybreak. They stabled their horses at the 5 Gold Crowns for 5sp each then hastened over to the Council Building. When they demanded to see Jygil, the clerk informed them that she was in her chambers at the Temple of Waukeen and should not be disturbed, as it was her time for meditation.

As they left, heading towards the Temple, Milla spotted a man in a maroon cloak hurrying by. "Just like the man in my dream" she thought to herself. She followed him, accompanied by Nailo and Jakob while the others carried on to the Temple.
    In the Temple Garacaius and Khor learned that Jygil's chambers were behind the altar to Waukeen, where only priests of that faith were allowed. She was not to be disturbed, "even if Khelben Blackstaff himself wanted an audience". When Khor persisted they were evicted from the Temple.

Milla's group followed the man down Temple alley but lost him in Ruby way. Where could he have gone? There was a nearby eatery The Table of Penem so they tried in there. Penem, the proprietor, took their breakfast order but denied seeing anyone meeting the description. The only customer, a halfling called Perch, whispered that he was lying and such a man had gone into the kitchen moments before they arrived. He also informed them that "the service is terrible and the food is even worse!"

Attempts to investigate the kitchen were thwarted by the Amnish chef who chased them from the building brandishing a meat cleaver, slightly wounding Perch and Nailo - but not before Nailo noticed something funny about the back wall of the kitchen.
    With the arrival of the others from the Temple they all re-entered the Eatery. Garacaius stuck his head round the kitchen door reawakening the anger of the chef who came out. In the ensuing fracas, Penem slipped out of the eatery, Garacaius slipped into the kitchen and found a concealed door at the back, while Jakob slugged the chef unconcious with his sap.

They passed through the door with the help of the keys they found on the comatose chef. The long corridor beyond sloped downwards and contained black robes, wooden beads with a 'hand' medallion and a selection of outdoor clothes including the maroon cloak - which Garacaius put on, even though it showed no magic. Down the end of the corridor Jakob found and disarmed a tripwire. Listening at the door at the far end, Milla could hear chanting.
    "Unless I'm mistaken" she said, "we've stumbled on a bunch of Baneites!"

50xp each to Nailo, Garacaius, Khor, Perch and Milla. 100xps to Jakob.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 21, 2001).]

2. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] "Just as I've said! This eatery is not even an eatery! No, I certainly knew that, the food was worse 'an a goblin royal dinner.. (halfling goes into quick overview of several food products served by the establishment that wounded his pride and stomack) -- it just could not be an eatery. And they don't even serve ale. I'm more 'an willing to smite the evil inside there with my axe, but something tells me that I wouldn't be able to fare well alone."

The halfling was obviously excited at the possibility of a fine head-smashing. The wound made by the chef's cleaver did not seem to bother him much, and was ready to rush into battle, handling an axe of half his size with ease. His leathers, black on the first sight were in fact just dirty and stained in the dark blood of some goblinkin. An alert observer could notice that apart from the obvious axe, shorsword and a warhammer, the halfing also had a shortbow strapped behind his back under the greenish cloak, a dart in his boot and a dagger in each of his sleeves. Despite his impressive weaponry, he does not seem dangerous or agressive.

[This message has been edited by Skedaddle (edited October 21, 2001).]

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] ooc: Erran, I'm trying to reconcile my .cg3 with my printed sheet... my sheet shows Khor has 48 gp, 2 sp. Is that correct? I'm trying to figure out where I've spent my money from the 103 on the .cg3 -- how much was the horse (pony?) at Magrit's?

IC: Khor grunted. "Are we ready?" He glanced around at the others as he checked his battleaxe and unslung his shield.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Now that the church of Bane is involved, " proclaimed Jakob, "it all makes perfect sense. "This eatery is a front for the evil works of Lady Alustriel. It's part of a national chain of illegal racketeering outlets, whose final aim is to consolidate power and wealth. They've already claimed victims - everyone from the gnomish race to the peasant classes have been caught out. Only the Alliance of the Undersized has seen through the scam, which is why Er-Cam, in cahoots with Lady Alustriel, is trying to reduce gnomes to the status of lawn-ornaments with a view to putting an end to the Alliance of the Undersized. " Jakob took a deep breath and fell back to the kitchen area "And if it's part of a global conspiracy, it could get very nasty..." (ooc, yes I used the generator in Whatnots. Also, if I don't turn up and Erran decides we need a rogue, then someone else is free to play my character - and if he dies my next one will implicate you in all conspiracy theories :D)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 23, 2001).]

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Tues night online:

Jakob and Perch guarded the unconcious chef.
    Garacaius cast Mage Armour on 3 of the party and Sarathien cast Bless, then Khor flung open the door and entered. Murals of Bane covered the walls and half a dozen worshippers knelt at benches. A priest was inviting the congregation to "give generously, for the lord Bane's time is at hand" a couple of orcs were taking the collection.
    "Infidels! despoilers!" he cried on seeing Khor and he, and his 2 acolytes cast Protection from Good. Sarathien cast entangle causing vines to grow through the floor and trap the Baneites and the party - including those in the corridor!
    Khor's strength let him tear free and fell an orc with a single mighty blow. The acolyte's attempt to revive the orc was wasted. Milla used her escape skill to wriggle free and she attacked the 2nd orc, stunning him with a karate chop. Nailo followed up with the coup de grace. Khor then fought the first acolyte, giving an axe blow and receiving a morningstar whack in return. Garacaius wriggled to the door and loosed off a magic missile and the acolyte went down under the combined assault. Milla and Nailo concentrated on the last acolyte until he too fell. Seconds later the vines withered and died and the protection spells wore off. The whole thing lasted but one minute.
    Unhooding the terrified worshippers did not reveal any that looked like the man in Milla's dream. In the tumult the 3rd priest had escaped through a door to the north. This door was now locked and none of the chef's keys fitted.

OoC 300 xps each to Sarathien, Nailo, Milla, Khor and Garacaius. Oooh, is that a little cross next to Garacaius's portrait?
    Leveling: either use the gen and get average hp or roll them live in the Medallion if you are feeling lucky.
    Each Acolyte had a Chain shirt and Silver Morningstar. The orcs had scale + normal battleaxes. Total of 75gp in loose change, there are a pair of silver candlesticks and a blood encrusted chalice on the altar.
    Khor's horse cost him 75gp.

Carry on posting!

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 24, 2001).]

6. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

As soon as the vines let go of Sarathien's arms, he hurries over to Khor's side and casts a Cure Light Wounds on the dwarf. Having this most pressing action out of the way, the elf take a second to survey the scene around him.

"I am terribly sorry my friends and companions, amin hiraetha, melloneamin. I made a grave misjudgment of both the size of this room and the effects of the spell. I ask you all to bear with me, I am still somewhat unused to these powers granted to me by my Lord."

"Seeing how we were still able to do away with our foes quite cleanly, I feel that we may have gotten some benefits of my some-what overenthusiastic vegetation after all."

"So let's hurry to see where that last Bainite went off to, anyone care to try at the lock or should we go fetch Jakob?"

7. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hearing Sarathien, Nailo's head perks up. "Yes, let me have a try at that door." Digging in his pack he pulls out a small satchel of tools, that mix from a piece of small wire to a pair of long pointy plyers.

Looking at all and giving a sly grin, "I will have this open in no time."

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sarathien's healing restored Khors strength and spirits (+ 5HP restored).
    Nailo was as good as his word. Within a minute or so he had the door open. Peeking round he saw a short 10 ft corridor running W-E with a door at the end. Opposite him was another door with a small metal grill in it. The corridor seemed to be empty, except for the remnants of some vines withering into dust.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 24, 2001).]

9. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"I told you all I would take care of you..", giving a wink Nailo peers down the hallway. Seeing the door, "I don't like this one bit. Better be careful and stay behind me."

OOC: Nailo continues checking for traps down the hallway and on the door.

10. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Still agitated from the fight Milla turns towards the hooded figures.
    "You will repent this I tell you. Only suffering will come out of this unless you renounce The Black Lord."
    Milla calms down a little and points to the nearest bench.
    "You who renounce Bane by laying down the symbol here on the bench may leave in peace"
    Milla watches every face carefully for the man from the vision. Seeing none that match she realises that the man must have got away.

Milla retrieves her crossbow (and underwear :)) approaches Nailo searching the newfound corridor.
    "Is it clear? We should hurry, we may still have a chance to catch him"

ooc: Is it just me or did anyone else think that last session at times sounded a little like chess? "Orc moves to b5" ... ;)

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Lol Milla! In that vein:
    Thief (Nailo) from a2 to b2 Check! :D
    - for traps. He finds a loose floorboard that would release a swinging blade. Succesfully disarms the trap. He hears a groaning from behind the first door (the one with the grill).

The ferocity of Khor and Milla's attacks caused some of the worshippers to appear to recant their belief in the power of Bane.

12. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

Sarathien follows close on Nailo's heels, standing in the doorway as the half-elf skillfully disarms the nasty trap.
    As the ranger hears groaning from the door nearest him, he promptly puts his ear to the grill, trying to discern its source.

ooc: Alright, this is what I do best. :)
    I'm no super-fighter, nor bad-ass tracker, but I'm one #ยค%& of a listener! Come see Sarathien if you have anything to talk about! :D
    (Listen 11)

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sarathien was able to squint through the grill into the 10ft x 10ft locked room - or cell beyond.
    Inside, shackled and wearing only loincloths were a couple of dishevelled hobgoblins, lying on dirty straw. Every so often one of them let out a groan.

Updated map available! thx Baldak
    http://people.ne.mediaone.net/frankmarianne/

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 26, 2001).]

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius fought with great annoyance with the vines that were dying out. Once free of them, he followed the others closely, eager to get out of this unholy place. After cursing the spell one more time, he looked carefully at Sarathien who seemed to have heard something.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 25, 2001).]

15. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] A halfling walks in, a good piece of grilled meat in his one hand, an axe in the other. He observes the surroundings and frowns.
    "Whoa. I just had to run to get some food and you crash the whole place without me. Not even a tad of revenge for my cutomer disappointments. No no no, that puts you in debt, you'll have to let me slice some of your mortal enemies!"

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob stands over the comatose form of the chef, weighing his sap in his hand. "Eh, doesn't look like this fellow's waking up for a while," he mutters, " wonder what the point of guarding him was. Come to think of it, the others have been gone a while, maybe we should go check on them - what d'you say Perch - Perch?" Jakob looks around, realising that Perch has been gone for some minutes at least, shrugs his shoulders and heads off down the corridor after the others. Eventually he catches up, notices Perch with the meat and grins. After a while he spots the trap that Nailo disarmed, his eyes widen and his face falls. However, Jakob quickly regains his composure and strolls over to the trap, making a big show of examining it and says, slightly louder than necessary "Tut-tut-tut, shoddy, shoddy..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 25, 2001).]

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] ooc: actually, Khor has leveled too. :D He now has 1125 xp.

IC: Khor grimaced fiercely at Sarathien's report of hobgoblins. "Let them lie!" he hissed. "We've got better things to do. We need to make sure the Baneman is not on his way to do his deed!"

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla looks undecided for a short moment, but finally makes up her mind of what's more urgent.
    "I agree, lets hurry shall we. We can come back later and set those poor souls free."

19. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"Yes Milla, or at least get some information from them. After that we can decide what to do with them", Sarathien says, a hint of steel touching his eyes.

"So let us move on, we cannot let the cleric get too far! Khila amin, ar'asca!"

Sarathien puts his ear to the far door, trying to discern if danger lies ahead.

20. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

Listening to the rest of the group, Nailo pipes up, "I agree, lets get after the Baneman. However, let me look at this door. There have been to many nasty traps."

OOC: I don't know if you want us to stay in this corridor until tomorrow, but if not Nailo will check for traps on the door and then unlock.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.