1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Through the Looking Glass

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wed night online

Milla went exploring. First she called back at Umburto's and found Sarathien had 'come through'. Together they went to the last location shown on the map, which turned out to be a gnomish sage. For a small fee she told them that Zog was an official at Zhentil Keep, and a dangerous man to cross. She warned them not to use his name carelessly as the Zhents had spies 'everywhere'.
    Jakob joined them and they crossed the square to visit Mendor's Library. This had tens of thousands of books and scrolls but was too chaoticaly laid out to allow them to find anything in particular.
    They then went exploring further, wandering into the Kuto's Well district. A group of ruffians claiming to be 'welcomers' accosted them and tried to 'mug' them. A brief skirmish broke out in which Sarathien was scratched, drawing blood in return. Jakob tried to convert them. Two of the rogues were disarmed and they all broke off and ran, leaving two nice shortswords behind. Sarathien claimed one of the swords.

300 xps to Milla, Sarathien
    250xps to Jakob.

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

(and Milla picked up the other one)

As they made their way back to the Laughin Goblin to meet up with Garacaius Milla gave voice to her thoughts:

"You know Jakob, maybe you are right about those thugs being more than they seemed. On the other hand maybe they have a wizard among them that can turn one of them invisible when they "hunt". We could turn to the local militia and ask them if they know anything about these characters. What do you think?"

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Even if it was a wizard," Jakob replied, "it's very rare in my experience for a bunch of hungry thugs to have a wizard powerful enough to turn people invisible. Another thing that bothers me is that they ran away very easily - we didn't even hurt them, and yet they abandoned two swords which must be worth a fair bit. My guess is that they wanted to draw us into a fight to test us, see how we handled ourselves, so that they'd have the advantage when they struck again. As to your suggestion about the milita, I have my doubts. If my theory is correct, then they're from a powerful group that wish us harm. They no doubt have tendrils everywhere, and control over the milita, be it through bribery or more subtle means. Maybe they're just careful. Any way, I don't think the militia will help us with this."

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Perhaps they didn't want to die... Not all thugs are suicidal you know, and they might show up around the corner to get their swords back. What is our next move, anything new on the scroll?"

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed night online:

The party retired to their rented room to decide what to do next. Sarathien went back through the mirror to see if all was well, it was. The others retired early, having determined the bracers reduced the chance of being struck and the potions were poison antidote and darkvision. Sarathien returned the next morning with Iztar. Each trip through the mirror got a little easier.
    Hayden led the group to the nearby Shrine of Tempus where they met Brommel and learned:
    There was a feud between the worshippers of Tempus and Sunne.
    He knew no more about Zog or the Netheril Scroll, however if Lothron the Sage couldn't help them perhaps Evaine of the Quivering forest might. To reach her they would have to journey to East Phlan and through the Valhingen Graveyard. Even then, they would only find her if she wished it.

50xp to Sarathien
    100xp to Hayden, Jakob and Garacaius

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius walks hand-in-hand with Iztar to the Mage Ward, interested in the more magical trade. As he sees the shopkeeper, he coughs to make himself noted.
    "Good day to you, may I ask what wares you possess in the magical arts? I'm looking for healing as well, if you might have that in stock. And.. er.. yes, the scale of a red dragon would serve my interest as well."
    He looks interested at the shopkeeper, waiting for reply.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 10, 2002).]

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Sitting in the mirror room Jakob tries to plan his purchases. No mean feat since he has to root through his disorganised gear to find out what he actually needs, and then try to remember in which pockets and pouches he left all his money so that he can count it. Eventually he comes to a decision, and announces to anyone who cares to listen, "I've got some provisions to buy, but after yesterday, I'm not too sure about travelling alone. If some of us are going the same way, it might be better for us to stick together. I'm thinking about buying a cold weather outfit, some leather armour, a couple of quivers of bolts and - ooh, say five silvered bolts. So I'd need to go to the Tanned Hide, probably the textile district, and a fletcher's. Of course, I might be able to get one or more of these things at some sort of general provisions store. How about the rest of you?"

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

16th Eleint, Ohlo's Potions, S29 on map

A wizened old man peered at Garacaius from behind a pair of peeble lensed spectacles. Row upon row of coloured bottles filled every shelf.
    "If it's potions yer want, yer've come to the right place young fellah. I got healing potions from 50gp all the way up to 750gp, and I do a nice love potion for 150gp" he winked, slyly. "I got most spell components for 1gp."

Jakob remembered the directions to Tanned Hide Leathers given to him by Sot. M19, edge of the textile district.

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"I'll be happy to go shopping with you Jakob. I need to buy much the same things as you, excluding the leather armour of course. I never feel comfortable wearing armour. It is too confining for me."

Milla stands by the door.
    "Tanned Hide first, or?"

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

"That sounds fine by me," replied Jakob, "Perhaps we would be best to wait in case Sarathien or Hayden are going our way as well. I may be over-reacting, but you can't be sure of anything these days. it's the same with the armour actually, I feel the same way you do, and I've never had need of it before, but with all the scrapes we're getting into, I'd feel better with a bit of protection. I just hope it isn't too uncomfortable."

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius snickers at his comment; "No thank you, I need no potions for love. Though I would like a healing potion for 50gp. Do you happen to have the following components, a red dragon scale, an eyelash coated in gum arabic, a feather and powdered rhubarb leaf and an adder's stomach among your spell components?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 11, 2002).]

12. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I will not be doing any purchases as far as I know, but I will gladly walk with you whereever you are going. I would not want anything like what happened yesterday to happen again.
    Perhaps we could pass by a weaponsmithy though, to get an appraisal on these shortswords the thieves dropped. Perhaps we could even learn something of their history, thus giving us information regarding the would-be robbers."

Sarathien looks to Hayden: "Will you come with us as well?"

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ohlo shrugged his shoulders. "Very well, so that'll be 50gp for the healing potion and 1gp each for the spell components."

Strolling up towards the Textile Ward the others passed 'Matteo's Arms and armour' (P-30) A half elf stood behind the counter, polishing a longsword.

14. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Looking over to Sarathien, Hayden nods. "I do believe I will go. I feel like getting out, and maybe we will see those guys who attacked us. I would like to meet up with them again."

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius hands him the 55 gold pieces, and asks in a lower voice. "Are there any yet unreclaimed artifacts of powerful magic in these areas? Or perhaps magical sites of the elder days?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 11, 2002).]

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

"If it's powerful magic you are interested in you'd best talk to the present owner of Denlor's Tower, calls herself 'Rowena'. But you'd best not waste her time, they say she polymorphed the last time waster into a squirrel."

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Thank you, I will keep that in mind. Where may I find the tower?"

Garacaius then departs with Iztar and heads for Segga's room to see if anyone if left there.

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31

The rest of the party entered 'Matteo's Arms and armour' since they were passing by.

Milla approaches the half-elf behind the counter.
    "Good morning my good man, I'm interested in purchasing 20 crossbow bolts and 5 silvered bolts. And maybe you could tell me how much I would get for this valuable item?"
    Milla shows the short sword that was dropped by Leyla(sp?) observing the half-elf for any reactions as she does so.

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Certainly Ma'am. That'll be 7gp for the bolts. Let me see; good balance, keen edge, as I thought, tiny 'M' on the hilt. This is a Melvaunt blade made by a mastercraftsman. I'll give you 150gp for it."

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob's eyes widen as he hears the value of the sword. "It must have been worth about three hundred gold pieces new - more money than I've ever seen together in one place!" he breathes. "There's definetely something odd about these 'thieves'." After Milla has completed all her dealings, he approaches the counter, and addresses the half-elf, "Good morning, I would also like to purchase twenty crossbow bolts, and five silvered bolts. In addition, I would like a suit of leather armour, if you carry such in my size."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.