1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro Tomb Raiders Archive

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Erran
    Bard of Phlan

posted February 10, 2002 19:26
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wed Online:
    As they entered the rubble strewn passageway they were attacked from either side by Lizardmen hiding under the arches. Milla soon accounted for one and Sarathien another, though he did drop a sword. 'Lassiel recorded her first kill and Jakob grimly loosed off bolt after bolt. A Lizardman Chief struck Milla a mighty blow with a club, winding her. Garacius's mastery of sorcery was improving for his magic missiles struck with greater force, downing the chief.
    Immediately he was attacked by the Lizardfolk's shaman, he had to abandon magic and defend himself with his morningstar. The others came to his aid and he loosed off a last missile at Hayden's foe, killing it.
    Hayden was not pleased at being robbed of his kill.
    Under the arches they found torches, flasks of oil and a bag of semi-precious gems. They took the gems. Moving on, the passage made a U-turn and ended at a locked door. They were temporarily stumped.
    400xps each for Hayden, Sarathien, Milla, 'Lassael, Jakob and Garacaius.

Sat night online:
    Milla and Jakob pitted their wits against the door. Milla noticed a disk shaped space in the carvings of skeletons on the door. Her chakram fitted perfectly, but still the door did not open. "Let me try" said Jakob, turning the chakram. The door opened.
    Inside the room was under 18" (0.5m) of seawater, entering from a crack in the wall. Murals depicting a dark blob hovering over the bodies and attacking figures covered the walls. In the centre was a statue of Selune holding a stone scroll case. The end was broken off and the case was hollow but empty.
    Milla felt something brush her ankle underwater, she climbed some steps on the far side. When Jakob tried to wade through to join her he was bitten by a lamprey; losing a fair amount of blood before Milla came to his rescue with a well aimed kick to dislodge the eel-like creature. Her skills were improving.
    On the far side Jakob discovered a secret door in the wall and opened it to see a passage leading on over a bridge crossing an underground stream.

150 xp to Milla and Jakob

IP: Logged

Ironbeard
    Yuan-ti
    Level: 15

posted February 11, 2002 00:32
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jakob huddled against the wall, drawing the cloak around him. Pale and trembling, he was obviously suffering. "M-Milla," he stammered, " I do believe I owe you my life...another few seconds...and that thing would ...have sucked me dry. Even so, things look grim for me. I feel so weak, so weak... I think I can understand now what it was like for you after that stirge attack. Still ... must press...on." He looked nervously behind him at the rising water in the room behind. "Don't...wanna...be down here...when...water...reaches..." With that, he forced himself up, and staggered up the corridor, stopping now and again to check for traps, knowing that in his weakened state even the smallest injury could prove fatal.

Ksiel
    Goblin
    Level: 1

posted February 11, 2002 19:52
    Hayden enters after Jakob and Milla.
    "Jakob, you don't look very well. Let me take a look at that bite..."

Hayden bends down to examine the wound.

OOC: Use my heal check to determine how bad the wound is (+8). If he needs a cure spell, give it. Trust your rolling Erran.

Erran
    Bard of Phlan

posted February 11, 2002 22:15
    OoC Glad you do!
    IC As Hayden attepted to wade through the pool he felt something bite his ankle beneath the murky water.

Hayden loses 1HP and 2 PTs of CON through blood drain.

Lokken
    Contagious Addict

posted February 12, 2002 00:47
    Garacaius takes Iztar's and tries to spot a safe passage through the water around the leech-creatures. "Let's fly quickly my love."
    He then rushes through the water, hoping not to be bitten as he comes closer to the other side.

Zorac
    Skeleton
    Level: 8

posted February 12, 2002 07:03
    Milla looks at the rising water and calls out to Sarathien:
    "We may have to spend some time on this side. Could you fetch those torches and flasks of oil before you cross please? And beware of those leech things in the water"
    Milla turns back to watch over Jakob, ready to aid him.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited February 12, 2002).]

Vanadin
    Kobold
    Level: 3

posted February 12, 2002 08:49
    Sarathien yells an "Aye" back to Milla and hurries back to fetch the torches and the oil.
    Back at the door, the elf pulls his sword and starts to move across the eelinfested waters, hoping that his invisibility will keep him safe from attacks.
    Nevertheless, he keeps his sword on the ready.

Erran
    Bard of Phlan

posted February 12, 2002 13:56
    Garacaius felt something attach itself to his leg. The others got across unscathed.
    From his vantage point beyond the secret door, Jakob could hear that the stream was fed from a small waterfall somewhere left of him.

OoC Garacaius lost 1 HP but no CON pts.

Ironbeard
    Yuan-ti

posted February 13, 2002 09:26
    Jakob stands in the corridor, hunched up, both his cloak, and the one he borrowed from Milla drawn tightly around him but offering little warmth. With a pale and trembling hand, he indicates the stream, then points vaguely leftwards towards the sound. "Stream...waterfall..." he groans, " Water...all around...Lampreys...water...too much ... too much" He turns to Hayden, "Thank you...for your concern...friend," he says, " but I do not know ... if I can be helped. I feel..so weak..so very, very weak...and so cold."

Vanadin
    Kobold

posted February 13, 2002 11:52
    "Come, we had better get moving if we are to stay clear of the rising water!"
    Sarathien, still invisible, hurries past Jakob and Hayden and continues up to the bridge. Staying on the near side, he scans the surroundings for further danger.

Erran
    Bard of Phlan

posted February 14, 2002 11:05
    Wed night online
    Hayden and Garacaius struggled out of the water with lampries attached to their legs. Unable to pull them off, Hayden struck his with a dagger and Garacaius smote his with the morningstar. Both the loathsome creatures were dispatched.
    Sarathien was in a hurry to explore and crossed the bridge over the underground stream, followed by Milla, Hayden and Garacaius. When he reached the door at the far side he heard an ominous 'click' beneath his feet. The party watched in horror as a large section of the cavern wall over to their left hinged forward to release thousands of gallons of water. Milla reacted first, grabbing hold of the rail and hanging on for dear life. Garacaius leapt back to the comparitive safety of the entrance door. Hayden was hit by the full force of the water and swept off the bridge, down the stream, buffeted against the cavern walls. He was then carried underwater only to re-emerge in the sea in the main cavern between two jetties, gasping for air. He swam to the nearest jetty and hauled himself on land, pausing only to cure the injuries he had sustained.
    Sarathien (still invisible) tied a rope to the bridge and tried to see where their companion had gone. He fell and sustained minor injuries before following the last of the water draining down the underground stream bed. He found a skeleton wedged in the rocks, round its neck a medallion with a symbol of the 'Old Ones'. When the stream disappeared down a hole he could follow no more and he returned sadly, thinking Hayden lost.
    Jakob got to work on the pressure plate that activated the water trap and found a way to disable it. He then turned his attention to the door.
    Meanwhile, Hayden retraced his steps through the passageways, splashing through the lamprey infested pool until he was reunited with his companions.
    Jakob finally succeeded in opening the door. It led into a 20ft square room containing a statue of Amanuator with a sarcophagus at his feet. Murals on the wall showed a glowing figure holding something and banishing an amorphous black blob. Netheril runes were engraved on the sarcophagus and on a door on the south wall.

225xps to Milla and Garacaius
    250xps to Sarathien and Hayden
    300xps to Jakob

Ksiel
    Goblin

posted February 14, 2002 16:34
    "I see one of two things, we can stay here until Garac gets that spell memorized, or we can copy these runes down on something to take with us to read later. I for one say we shut those doors, check out that sarcophagus, and camp in here. I know Jakob and I could use the rest."
    Hayden walks up and leans against the statue in the middle of the room.

[This message has been edited by Ksiel (edited February 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ksiel (edited February 14, 2002).]

Lokken
    Contagious Addict

posted February 14, 2002 17:11
    "I agree with resting, but I'm afraid I can only cast the magic my blood allows me. I won't be able to translate these runes till I learn the language.. the hard and long way. Someone else might be able to?"
    Garacaius looks around at the others and proceeds; "If we are supposed to find something here, I'm sure this is it. Though it might be wise to wait for a translation, never easy to tell warning from instruction from these runes."

Ksiel
    Goblin

posted February 14, 2002 21:45
    "With a little rest I can translate them... So what say you all?"
    Hayden looks to the group

Lokken
    Contagious Addict

posted February 15, 2002 00:39
    "Fine with me, though... We don't have an awfull lot of time on our hands. Do we have enough you think?"

Ironbeard
    Yuan-ti

posted February 15, 2002 02:06
    Jakob sits in a corner, huddled and shivering. With no task to occupy him bar the mystery of the carvings, over which he has already admitted defeat, his mind dwells on the unavoidable rising tide, the attack of the lamprey and his weakness, the sudden cascade of water sweeping away Hayden, and countless other terrors. "I certainly...could use...rest", he wheezes, "...and from the ... carvings...I think...I think...we need to... recreate some sort...of...ritual....it looks like...we need...to display...holy symbol...and...sing hymn. Runes...certainly...helpful. Maybe...priest or monk....could help." After saying all he can about the party's current predicament, he finds his bedroll, struggles to untie it and roll it out, then promptly collapses on it.
    [This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited February 15, 2002).]

Vanadin
    Kobold

posted February 15, 2002 09:56
    "I too think we could use a rest, I just hope the water will not reach this high. I hope that stream down there will work as some kind of drainage."
    "Friend Garacaius, I think this invisibility has done what it could for me. Maybe you could dispel it for now?"

Tiamat
    Angel of Insanity

posted February 16, 2002 01:16
    (IIIIIIIIII'M BACK!!)
    'Lassael stares at the runes, her brow furrowed in concentration.

"I could try to learn the hard way," she offers, "If it's feasible...."

Ksiel
    Goblin

posted February 16, 2002 01:29
    "Don't disturb me unless you want to leave. I will go as fast as possible..."
    Hayden walks to a corner of the room and kneels and begins praying.

OOC: You know what I want. If you let me do this, I want to trade the spell Shield of Faith for Comprehend Language.

Erran
    Bard of Phlan

posted February 16, 2002 10:12
    The party huddled around the statue and the sacophagus. Milla and Hayden dried themselves as best they could. Some dozed, some meditated, some prayed. The seawaters did not come anywhere near the door of their room. Jakob and Hayden felt a little stronger (+1 CON) and spells were recovered.
    Tempus granted Hayden the ability to Compehend Languages and he set about deciphering the Netheril runes. Around the sarcophagus it said:
    Here lies Ragusa, faithful unto Amanuator, keeper of the gateway
    On the door it said:
    Sleep, Netheril, sleep,
    Dream away thy woes
    'til the player ceases his song
    then rise to fight thy foes

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited February 16, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.