1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Jalpiar - Return to New Jarla

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Meeting with no resistance, the party returned to the surface to find Oscar and Nelax waiting for them. Camp was broken, and the party quickly headed back to Oakhurst and the Esterhauze Estate. They were met at the gates by the Minister and several of his servants who removed the bodies. Retaining his composure, Montague thanked the adventurers for returning the bodies of his two children. He gave each of them a pouch containing 20 platinum pieces, which included a bonus for returning the bodies as well as the signet rings. He told them that they were welcome to visit again at a later time, but he had funeral arrangements to make.

The party, pockets heavy with gold, made their way to the Ol’ Boar Inn for a night of drunken revelry. In the morning they returned to New Jarla, seeking out the Shop of Wonders. They had heard that the proprietor could tell them about their magical items, even if for a price. Upon arriving at the shop, they were met by an elderly human. He gave a necklace to Verna to wear while inside his shop. She put it on, and was then informed that it would sound the alarm if she stole anything (Ironically she stole the necklace later, but returned it). After having many items identified, and spending 550 gold, Knorr sold two scrolls to Sortiarius regaining 100 of their gold. Realizing that the items in this shop were a little too expensive for them, they moved on to the common market. While there, they sold the gemstones, jewelry, and other various non-magical items they had found in the sunken fortress. Knorr decided to retail two of the books they found, one on dragons and one damaged that he wanted to try and glean information from.

Following the selling of the treasure and subsequent dividing of the loot, Naffin purchased a master work Heavy Crossbow from the Bullseye Bandit, Nyora purchased a bowyers kit, and Karak purchased master work Studded Leather Armor from Armand’s Anvil. Nyora was still considering her Armor options, eying a nice mesh chain shirt.

2. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Nyora decided to purchase the chain shirt, considering that the +4 bonus to AC grossly outweighs the con of having a -2 AC penalty on stealthiness which she never uses.

"I would like to purchase the chain shirt and I was wondering.... Do you have any bracers for sale here?"

3. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Armand looks at the elf maiden. "Now little lady, what kind of Armor shop would this be without bracers. Of course I have bracers. They cost 6 gold pieces for a pair." (they give an AC bonus of 1)

4. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Verna wanders around the market eyeing all the goods she would rather "borrow" then buy. In the end she decides to take out a loan with a plump, wealthy-looking merchant. She slips her hands into his pocket and holds her breath...

[As the "plump wealthy Aristocrat walks off, he does not notice that his purse is missing along with the 22 gold contained inside]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited March 27, 2002).]

5. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Nyora gave Armand a polite grin and replied

"I think I will purchase a pair of your bracers, thank you."

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

After finalizing his arrangement with the shopkeep at the Bullseye Bandit (the exchange of an old light crossbow followed by 350gp down), Naffin straps his new crossbow across his back and heads out into the open market.

Naffin casually browses the various merchant stalls in the square, for anything else of interest to lighten his heavy bag of coins (in his opinion if you retain too much capital, you're just asking to have a pickpocket relieve you of some or all of it).

Speaking of thieves...
    Perhaps Verna could help him procure a set of those nifty tools from the local thieves guild, which would definately be Naffin's prefered method of losing money to a purloiner.

While walking about, he keeps an eye out for Verna, which is easier said than done in the crowded marketplace, where the diminutive burglar easily dissapears among the much taller inhabitants.

7. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31

Verna, quite content with the pickings around here, wanders the streets a little more lawfully. She bumps into Naffin who asks her about acquiring some tools from the local thieves guild. She agrees to the errand, tells him to meet her back at the Purple Worm, then follows the back streets until she finds herself in a very familiar part of town.

[This message has been edited by Serena Lynx (edited March 30, 2002).]

8. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Nyora thanked Armand and departed the armor shop. She looked briefly around to see if any of her companions had been around but after seeing noone, she decided to head to the Purple Worm. Once inside.. she looked around to see if Knorr had returned to his culinary duties.

9. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

After following a winding route through the commons section of New Jarla, Verna came at last to Tosscobble's Rings and Things. The familiar shop seemed like a welcome sight to the dank halls of the sunken fortress.

"Hello Verna," Avery Tosscobble greeted all the guild members as they entered, "Back from Oakhurst I see."

Making her way to the rear of the shop, she casually stepped behind a large display of used armor and quickly slipped through the hidden entrance to the guild.

"Well, if it isn't little Verna Highhill, back from her big adventure." Terjan Rel, Guild Master of the Evening Hunters, could usually be found here waiting for his minions to return with their loot. He would be certain to collect the guild dues plus the usual 10% fee for fencing any stolen merchandise. He knew that Verna's specialty was picking pockets and disarming traps. She didn't usually have any items to fence so the guild dues would have to do. "Have you picked enough pockets this months to cover your 10 gp dues fee yet. Or perhaps you have looted enough to help in the distribution of some items."

[A copy of the readable tex in the dwarven manuscript along with a map can be seen at http://home.attbi.com/%7Ebaldak/Jalpiar/Blasingdell_Map.GIF ]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited March 30, 2002).]

10. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31

Verna bows low and in a comical fashion, and as she rises, she tosses a small pouch containing her dues toward Terjan Rel. “I may know of some adventurers who might be interested in procuring some magical items, but first I need to acquire an spare set of “tools.”

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Terjan caught the pouch and smiled. "Well, the "tools" will cost the usual amount unless you want the really good ones, 30 gp. As for helping in the redistribution of some magic items, you can tell them that we have a few items that might interest any adventuring party. We recently got our hands on a wand of Cure Light Wounds and A quiver of 15 Magical Arrows. The price for the wand is only 300 gp since it has only 27 charges left and we will let the quiver go for a mere 400 gp, both are bargains. We do have a variety of potions that we need to distribute also, and we will give you the usual 25% discount on the potions. Let me know as soon as you can. If I don't get rid of this wand, I'll have to ship it out to Deilsbury."

As Nyora entered the Purple Worm, Samuel looked over to her and smiled. "So, have you brought my cook back to work, or has he come down with a case of wanderlust?"

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited March 30, 2002).]

12. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

After Verna's hasty departure, Naffin makes his way back to the Purple Worm to wait for her return.

He begins to take a spot on the front porch of the establishment, where he could sit and meditate, but then rethinks, and decides to go inside to see if any of his adventuring friends had come around.

As he rises the shakes the dust out of his sleaves, and takes a cursory glance at his overall condition. This time around it appears that he is not so worn out, slashed, punctured, impaled, folded, torn, shredded, dissolved or burned.

He grins, maybe this tunic will last longer than the last one did.

Naffin opens the door and enters the Purple Worm.

13. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31

Verna walks into the Purple Worm, and sits across from Naffin. She passes him his tools, “You owe me 30gp, but I may be able to procure some magic items you and the rest might be interested in.” She says with a grin on her face. She motions Nyora over to the table, and tells them about the wand and the arrows (not where they’re coming from however).

14. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Nyora returned Samuel's smile and stated
    "I am here, in fact, looking for your cook.... (glancing around) but I see he hasn't shown up yet" Nyora shrugged and turned away from Samuel.
    She then noticed Naffin and Verna enter the tavern. Nyora joined them at their table and was intrigued at the opportunistic availability of the wand she had been thinking of purchasing.

"My goodness... 300gp is it? I think perhaps I'll head to my temple and see if there are any to purchase there. I'll have to think about the arrows as well. Depending on the enchantment.. it might prove to be a wise purchase for me."

Nyora rose from the table and nodded at Naffin and Verna. Looking at Verna..

"I will let you know by today whether or not I will purchase the arrows and/or the wand"

She then departed the Purple Worm and headed toward her Temple.

15. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

All the temples in New Jarla were located in the section called Suncrest Heights. The Temple dedicated to the God Alvernus was no different. Astrianna Sumadon had been the High Priestess in New Jarla for almost 3 years now. It was not a large following, but they were dedicated. This day was turning out to be quite mundane, so it was with great pleasure that she greeted Nyora. A diversion from the routine of the day was just what she needed.

"Greetings to you, Nyora. What has brought you to the temple today? I had heard that you were performing a task for the Minister of Trade."

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited March 31, 2002).]

16. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Naffin takes the tools from Verna, and pulls out his jar.

"Thank you Verna, this is very appreciated. As far as the magic items are concerned I have no interest, but I'd bet that Knorr would be curious as to what your people had to offer. 30 gold? If you should desire more for the task you have performed, you need only ask."

Naffin then counts 30 gold coins out of his jar, and hands them to Verna...

17. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Nyora was quite pleased to have arrived at the temple. She returned Astrianna's greeting and began to tell her the story of the Esterhauze children and Belak's vampiric tree......

"Since traveling as far from the temple as I have... I find myself in need of purchasing a curing wand from the temple. My companions have been, indeed, able and skilled allies but they lack the ability to aid me in case *I* prove to be "unable" and "unskilled" at a time. Do you have something that might interest me?

18. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

"So, you wish to acquire a wand that will cast a cure spell so that someone else could heal you? We do have such a device, but I fail to see how one not gifted with the ability to cast healing spells would be able to use it, of course that would be for you to figure out. I could provide you with such a wand for a donation to the temple of 750 gp. It would be good for the casting of 50 Cure Light Wounds."

19. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

" There is someone that has the ability to use the wand... unfortunately... I am unable to afford it. *sigh* I've spent some of what I have acquired since my departure, ergo, leaving me with insufficient funds available for the donation. Maybe I can afford some arrows. Can you tell me what you have?

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited April 01, 2002).]

20. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Astrianna looked thoughtfully toward Nyora. "We do have Magic Arrows and we distribute them in sets of 5. The price varies by the enchantment, for the least enchanted ones we ask a donation of 150 gp per set of 5."

Gazing up, she continued, "If you are unable to afford the donation for the wand, there may be another way. Perhaps you would be willing to perform a task in lieu of your donation, one that Alvernus deems suitable?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.