1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Karyst: Conclusion of the Malvrin Mystery

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Having relinquished the guardianship for the treasure of the Order of Seekers, the ghost of Sir Andolyn quietly fades away, and then is gone. The party now stands alone in the Great Hall with the treasure: a large and ancient tome of lore, a leather bag, a short bow, short sword and a large steel shield.

Juhn cants several arcane phrases and then sets to studying the collection of items. After several moments of scrying, he is able to determine that only the shield possesses an aura of magic (a faint magical aura that lasts for 3 minutes). The sword and bow, while apparently not magical, are of excellent quality.

Briefly examining the tome, Rhwydd determines that this large book, written in an old if understandable dialect, contains the history and doctrines of the Seekers of Truth. In some sections, it documents the occurence of events more than 500 years old. It even describes the rites and requirements of the Seekers. While it will take some study to fully grasp the mysteries within, this tome probably represents everything that the Order had ever undertaken.

The small leather bag contains 30 platinum coins. Each of the coins are stamped with various different marks, although the most common are symbols of dragons and what looks like a lion with the head of woman. None of you have ever seen there like before, and these coins are likely very valuable.

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Varg relaxes a bit after the ghost leaves and glances briefly at the treasures before speaking:

"Well, I'm glad those losers are gone from this world. Bah! So, what now? I expect that Rhwydd with take that shield, Ratheof the sword, and Devious the bow. I doubt we'll get a fair price for the book and coins unless we go to big city.

The real question is what are we going to do now, if anything? The village is safe, but there is still a war on."

[This message has been edited by Vormaerin (edited April 14, 2002).]

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Heh I suppose with these coins, Devious could pay the townsfolk to make a statue of himself.

Well, I intend to pay a visit to that old witch the Dryads were talking about. And I need to spend some time for my studies. I'm thinking of resting for a few days and enjoy the gratitude of this town eh?

Then if any of you are still around and considering moving on to a bigger city, I might accompany you. After all there isn't much point in staying here and a companion on the road is a good thing considering the current situation. I would rather keep away from the war however, if you have any such intentions.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Well, bigger cities are more interesting than these little villages. I can wait around a few days if you want, but I don't put much stock in the 'gratitude of the town' and definitely don't need any stupid statues. Being rich in a town with nothing to sell is pretty silly anyway.

There is always a war on, so there is no reason to go looking for this one especially. It'll probably find us without help as it is.

Learning more about what's behind those gate to the underworld might be fun, but it might also be a bit cramped when it right down to it.

5. Sprite Gems: 15/31

I, too, would like to visit the witch, if you would permit me to accompany you, Juhn. I also intend to study this book further.

When I met up with you, I was on my way to Ulsmeth to aid the refugees. I should begin to journey in that direction soon- the work of the Goddess awaits me.

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

We'll stop by her place on our way back then.

Ulsmeth you said? Why, that is just asking for trouble. I hear the land is in turmoil. And the unrest that follows the refugees. I can't help but wonder what difference your aid will make. However.. Nevermind, we shall talk about this later.

Now I suppose it is time we headed back to Malvrin. There's something that's been in my mind for quite a while that I'll attend to now that I have the means.

7. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

(Varg, Juhn, Ratheof, Rhwydd and Devious recieve 300 xp)

Leaving the depths of the ruins behind, the party ventures back to the outside world. Under a grey and misty sky, the quintet begins the journey back to Malvrin.

The day passes cool and damp, though uneventfully, and a quiet night makes for a restful camp that evening. Waking to a warmer and brighter day, the party breaks camp and continues along the trail for about an hour before coming to the tree across the trail that marked the area where the dryads' witch supposedly dwells. This time, however, the woods are quiet, with no young women to guide the party's path.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.