1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: No America Wed - The Shrine of the Hydra

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The session was run on Thursday instead of Wednesday due to Halloween.

The party left the last room, and headed up the hallway that went to the north, stopping at the double doors on the right. This door was opened and the party entered a large dining hall. There was another door opposite the one entered from, and the group investigated it as well. Nimbul unlocked it with the set of keys he found. The door was opened, revealing a kitchen. There were 10 slaves inside cooking for the Orcs/Orogs. Mathetais tried to initiate a conversation only to discover that the slaves had their tongues cut out. The manacles of the slaves were removed, and they were instructed to wait there.

Continuing up the hall, the party entered a large chamber adorned by four beds, footlockers, and wardrobes. Mathetais discovered a small lock box underneath each bed containing 100 gp each. There was two possible exits to this chamber, a 10 foot wide hall leading to the west, and a 40 foot wide area to the east. They decided to investigate the western passage. There were two doors opposite each other. In the southern room, the group found 5 gems underneath a bed of hay and furs. In the northern room, they found a key, and a secret wall.

At this point, they could hear pounding coming from the front of the building, the army of orcs had finally gotten into their castle. Mathetais ran to get the slaves, while the others tried to open the secret wall. Gaspar found a loose stone that pivoted, which opened the wall. behind it there was a passage leading to the east. The floor was covered in dust and no tracks were present. The slaves were ushered into the passage, and the wall was closed behind them. At the end of the passage, another secret wall was found, and opened, revealing a 40 by 40 foot room. There was a door on the north wall in the center, and two passages leading out, one east and one west. To the east, the passage went about 100 feet before turning north, the walls were covered in thick webs. several doors could be seen along the northern wall. To the west, the passage went about 60 feet and also turned north, there was a door on the north wall. The door in the chamber had an inscription on it, which Mathetais had one of the slaves decipher, one was a Wizard. It read, “He who would pass through the Hall of Hero’s, must pass the test of the elements.” The party went to the west, and the door on the north of that hallway.

Nimbul failed to pick the lock on the door, so Gaspar and Mathetais bashed it open using Gaspar’s portable ram, they succeeded on the second try. Inside, they were greeted by the sight of two skeletons wielding long swords and green flames for eyes. Gaspar lead off the attack, damaging one skeleton with a blow from his great axe. Nimbul and Mathetais missed, and Iris struck one for minimal damage with a bolt. Serena then performed a turning attempt, and the skeletons retreated into the corners of the room, cowering. After that, short work was made of the skeletons. In addition to the skeletons, this room held two beds, a small table, and an alter, adorned with a small statue and two candle sticks. On the table were the stubs of 10 candles. A secret drawer was found in the altar, and Nimbul couldn’t detect any traps. At that, Mathetais opened the drawer releasing the fireball trap. Nimbul, Mathetais, Gaspar, Serena, and Iris each took 13 points of damage, and Kitiara took 6. Nimbul, Serena, and Iris were down. Math quickly used his heal skill on Serena, and the two revived the rest. Currently, Serena and Iris have 1 hp each, Kitiara has 7 hp, Nimbul has 5 hp, Mathetais has 4 hp, and Gaspar has 10 hp. In the drawer, an amulet was found. Iris identified it as an Amulet of Natural Armor +2.

Each party member received 300 Experience Points.

Updated maps can be viewed on my site. I have updated the Main building map and put in the Shrine of the Hydra map (at least what you have seen).

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited November 03, 2001).]

2. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Serena recreates the recent scenes in her mind and slumps against the wall. Tired as the nine hells, she casts one CLW on herself. Feeling slightly better, she slowly stands, wiping the soot off her clock. As she looks around the room, noticing the thick layer of dust, she concludes, “I think it is safe to rest here. It doesn’t seem like these passages have been entered in centuries, at least not by anything from the castle.” She walks over to Iris and casts her last spell on the severely wounded eleven sorceress. “Now can we rest?” she askes the rest of the group.

(OoC: Iris heals up to 9 points of damage from the heal.)

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited November 03, 2001).]

3. "Yes! Let's..." says Iris weary, though happy someone finally sides with her to rest.
    "We've used the last of my spells for identify that wrenched natural armor amulet," she continues. Iris slumps to the ground, healed and weary.

4. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree, resting now is a good idea. The humans need more rest then us... shall we take turns? Or do you feel we need to?

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] "Iris, I know that you've wanted to rest before this, but I'm sure that you agree that we could not have done so while the castle was under seige. We very well might have not waken from our slumber!

"Kitiara, your suggestion is a fine one. I will take the first watch for 4 hours. Then, once you and Iris are done meditating, I can take my rest."

Looking around the room, Mathetais wandered over to the dropped long swords from the skeleton warriors. "Hmm, I wonder if these have any enchatment." Closing his eyes briefly, the paladin sought his 6th sense to see if the blades contained evil essences or demonic influence.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Nimbul scraped at his leather armor with his dagger, in a vain attempt to remove the charcoal that remained from the two infernos he's endured in the last two days. "Rest sounds like a fine idea to me. Maybe a nap will do me good...I've been a little twitchy removing traps of late."

Leaving his shortsword at his side, Nimbul curled up in a dark corner of the temple, and nearly diasappeared from view as he wrapped the elven cloak around him.

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

Kitiara glances at the halfling curling up into a ball on the floor. Gathering her bedroll, she tosses it on to one of the beds. "Personally, i think the beds look much more comfortable."

Comfortable now, Jager climbs into her lap, curling into a ball. The cats one eye open just a little, and her ears up. Kitiara closes her eyes and begins her restful meditation.

8. Following Kitiara, Iris lays her bedroll on another bed and lies down. She closes her eyes and meditates peacefully.

9. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

As Kitiara and Iris Jump up on the beds to lie down for a rest, the frames, weakened by the years of being idle, and the recent blast, collapse into a pile of rubble. The two lay sprawled on the floor.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited November 06, 2001).]

10. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gaspar laughs at the two sorceress then lies down to sleep.

11. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Kitiara stands up brushing the filth off her brilliant green robes. A look of annoyence flitters across her face.
    Finding a more comfortable place to rest, Kitiara tries once more to get her much needed meditation.

12. Iris jumps up and brushes the picture filth out of her already mussy black hair. Then she shakes her dark purple robes. Glaring at Caspar in annoyance, Iris wipes the dust off the bed and lies down again.

13. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

12 Eleint

After a night of much needed rest, the party decided to head east, toward the spider web filled hallway and the three visible doors. Having heard nothing from inside the room, Nimbul opened the door to take a look, and saw another one of the skeletons with the green flame eyes. He pulled out his club and ran to the attack. He scored the first hit, then was struck by two Magic Missiles fired by the skeleton. The rest of the group entered the room, and the battle was on. Again, Serena’s extraordinary luck in turning undead turned the tide of battle immediately in the favor of the party, and the baneguard was dispatched. Unknown to the party, the commotion roused the spiders living down the hall, and they emerged from their lair into the hall, waiting. Inside the room, the party found 4 bunk beds and 8 footlockers. The footlockers were mostly rotted away, and they were easily opened. Contained in the last one was a locked jewelry box. Nimbul detected the presence of a magical trap, and the others quickly cleared out of the room, remembering the other explosions suffered due to magical traps.

Unfortunately for them, the Spiders were waiting. The three Spiders quickly moved to the attack, biting Gaspar and Kitiara, with Kitiara being weakened by the poison. The party quickly recovered, and the spiders were dispatched without further injury to the party. Serena cast Lesser restoration on Kitiara, restoring her lost strength points. Serena then cast Cure Light Wounds on Kitiara and Nimbul, healing Kitiara fully and Nimbul mostly. Nimbul had opened the jewelry box and discovered a set of bracers. Iris identified them as Bracers of the Master Thief, which Nimbul quickly put on.

Moving down the hallway, the webs became thicker, and the next door was almost completely covered. Nimbul scraped the webs away with his sword. Being stuck from al the webbing, Gaspar and Mathetais used the portable ram to splinter the door. Inside, they found the remains of an Elven mage, Latharial, who was a captive. He placed a curse on the room, and Kitiara was stricken. In a small side table drawer, Nimbul found a vial of liquid, which no one could tell what it was. They left that room and continued on down the hall, to discover the Spider’s lair. Inside were several egg sacs, and some cocooned bodies. Gaspar was going to hit one of the egg sacs with his Great Club, , but immediately upon entering the room, one of the egg sacs broke open. Hundreds of tiny spiders swarmed out, heading toward the party. Gaspar lit a torch and handed it to Nimbul. The others were running back up the hallway. The Spiders had reached the feet of Nimbul and Gaspar by the time Nimbul had the torch, and the two jumped back, Nimbul throwing the torch at the webs setting them on fire. The race was now on. The party and spiders headed up the hallway, trying to escape the flames. During the rush to escape the flames, Several members of the party fell down, the most notable being Serena who fell twice and was caught in the flames. Mathetais rushed back to help her, and the two were burned but not killed. Emerging from the webbed area, the rest of the group discovered that 11 of the spiders also escaped. During the next several rounds, the party stomped the little pests into oblivion, but not before all were bitten for minor damage.

OoC: Each party member earned 600 experience points. Also at the current time, each party member has the following damage; Nimbul - 4, Gaspar - 4, Iris - 2, Kitiara - 3, Serena - 13, and Mathetais - 15. During the session, Iris cast two Magic Missiles and an Identify, Kitiara cast one Magic Missile, and Serena cast two Cure Light Wounds and a Lesser Restoration.

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

Kitiara starting to feel weak from the effects of the curse, asks to see that vial one more time. Using her arcane knowledge she tries to identify the substance in the vial.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Mathetais helped Serena to her feet, thanking the gods that they had made it out of the inferno.

Gasping for breath, he looked to his companions and said, "We are only as fast as our slowest member, and that ... right now... looks like me and Serena. Should we rest again, do you think this hallway is safe?"

ooc - Baldak, I will update my character sheet to reflect my level up.

Also, as indicated in my earlier post, I wanted to see if the longswords that the baneguards were carring were magical or masterworks.
    Thanks ... I will be there next week

[The swords carried by the baneguards are normal. Baldak]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited November 09, 2001).]

16. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Using her arcane knowledge Kitiara was able to ascertain that the vial did indeed carry a cure for her malady. Taking the stopper off the vial, she grimices not wanting to taste the liquid. Taking a deep breath she swallows the entire contents, taking a big swill of water afterwards.

Looking at Mathetais she says, "I dont think we need rest again so soon. Lets use some of your healing and get on with this"

17. ooc - Baldak, have you checked my new character? I'll send you my new original character too (lvled up finally)

[Yes I have checked out the minor changes, and yes it is ok to use the new one, so Level up the newer one. Baldak]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited November 09, 2001).]

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Nimbul draws his shortsword and walks back down the passageway toward the spider lair. "I wonder what was in those cocoons? He wondered to himself...and more importantly, what type of gear did they have on them?"

"With a little luck, they may still be intact..."

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] "Nimbul, hold up a moment."

Mathetais forced himself to kneel and take his backback off calmly, as if he were pain-free, and took out his remaining scrolls of Cure Light Wounds.

"Serena, lets use our innate healing skills first, and then tap into our reserve. I'd hate to use these up and find that we need them in a jam down the road."

ooc - I lay hands on Serena for 6 points of healing. I don't know what healing spells she has left, but I believe that I have 6 more CLW scrolls and I will need 2 of them if she is unable to heal me.

ic - Feeling the burns close while the warmth of divine healing rush through him, Mathetais hefted his longsword and walked beside his halfling friend.

"Allow me to accompany you Sir Rouge."

20. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

“Thank you, Mathetias I needed that.” Serena says feeling slightly better. Calling upon the power Pelor granted her, Serena alters the divine power of her spells, Magic Weapon and Summon Monster I, changing them into Cure Light Wounds. She then casts one on Mathetias and one on herself. Then she pulls out one of the scrolls she had made that morning, and casts it on Mathetias.

Then she turns to her other comrades and using her Cure Minor Wounds spells heals Nimbul, Gaspar, and Kitiara.

OoC: Mathetais heals 16 points. Nimbul heals 2 points. Gaspar heals 2 points. Kitiara heals 1 point. I have healed 6 points in addition to Mathetais’ healing. :)

[This message has been edited by Serena Lynx (edited November 10, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.