1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: No America Wed - Within Castle Keilsor

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Picking their way through the ruins, the party made their way toward the castle. Avoiding the patrols, they finally used the Wand of Invisibility, and entered the castle. Deciding not to close the main gates, the group approached the main building. Nimbul checked out the stables first to see if they could gain access through a secret passage, there was none. They would have to enter through the normal means. They entered the main building through a set of double doors located on the western end of the building. The doors were unlocked, and the large entry chamber was unoccupied, save for a table and chairs strewn with dirty dishes. There was a door located on the north wall in the western corner. Nimbul could hear snoring coming from behind the door, and quietly opened the door revealing two sleeping guards. They clubbed one unconscious and tied up the other, gagging him first. The interrogation of the orc went better this time, and the Orc revealed that the leaders of the Orc contingent, about 10 Orogs and 2 Ogres, were sleeping somewhere beyond the other door in the room. It was decided that Nimbul would enter the main building through the other entrance, bar it behind him, and make his way back to the room the party was in. Nimbul was making slow but steady progress. He came to a set of double doors on the southern wall of the hallway he was exploring. At this point about 15 minutes had passed and the rest of the party was getting impatient. They decided to bash in the door leading to where the Orogs were. Nimbul had finished picking the lock to the double doors, and was in the process of looking into the room, when he heard a loud crashing sound. The others had bashed in the door at the end of the hallway.

Miraculously, the noise did not wake the Orog chieftain, nor did Mathetais yelling “Gruumsh Like Gully Dwarves,” as he entered the hallway. Nimbul signaled to the rest of the party to be quiet and come to where he was. He informed the rest of the situation at hand, and they returned to the Orog Chieftain’s room. The party decided to approach this situation as they did the earlier encounter with the orcs, they would subdue and tie up this very large Orog. Nimbul and Gaspar had moved about 20 feet into the room, when the furs forming a carpet of sorts, began to sink into the floor. It was too late, the two fell into the pit taking some falling damage. The Orog chieftain was now waking up. The rest of the party sprang to the attack in hopes of killing this Orog before the rest of them know what was going on. Gaspar gave Nimbul a leg up out of the pit launching him 24 feet into the air and out of the pit. Serena Cast Summon Monster, calling forth a celestial dog. Kitiara then fired off Magic Missiles startling the groggy Orog and waking him up completely. Mathetais charged the unarmed and unarmored Orog while Iris fired off a bolt from her crossbow hitting the Orog easily. Nimbul then fired off a shot hitting the Orog with an arrow, while the celestial dog took a bite out of it. Serena loosed a sling bullet, which soared over the Orog’s head. Kitiara fired her bow this time hitting the Orog for more damage than her Magic Missiles did. Gaspar attempted to climb out of the pit, falling back into the pit after a short distance, and Mathetais completed his charge, slicing into the Orog with his long sword. Iris completed the round hitting the Orog with another bolt for minimal damage. Nimbul let loose with another arrow, striking the Orog, who was beginning to resemble a pin cushion. The Celestial again tore at the Orog’s flesh, while Serena tossed Gaspar down a rope. At this point, the Orog had reached his sword, and with one mighty swing, cut the dog in two and continued into the side of Mathetais, badly wounding the Paladin. Kitiara fired Magic Missiles again, and the Orog was beginning to stagger. Mathetais clenched his teeth at the pain, but continued to press on with his attack, striking another deadly blow with his long sword, and the Orog was beginning to lose his grip on his Great Sword. Nimbul was the next to hit the Large Orog, and as the arrow bit into the Orog’s flesh, he slumped to the ground, motionless. Gaspar performed the Coup de Gras with a mighty swing from his newly found Great Axe, which cut with much greater ease than expected.

As the group stopped to assess the situation, they heard pounding coming from the door. The others had awoken. Through the door, they could hear a loud voice speaking in Orcish, “Sire, Are you awake? It is late, that lazy lout must have fallen asleep at his post. We have a meeting with the dark skinned ones in an hour. I’ll go and teach that son of a goblin a lesson right now.”

Each party member received 225 Experience Points.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Mathetais pressed his hand against his side and allowed divine energy to flow into the wound. The healing power at his disposal was only slight, but would still take the edge off the pain.

He whispered to the group, "Get in defensive positions, this could get ugly."

ooc - Did the Lead Orog make any noises or say anything during the combat? I could try to imitate his voice and send the others away ....

3. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

OoC: He did, but as an elf, your voice is too high pitched to match that of an Orog. Gaspar could, but then he can't speak Orcish, unless you tell him what to say.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Nimbul begins searching the room for any clue of the Orog's activities here, and peeks under the furs as he goes to avoid another fall...He also searches for goodies. "Serena, any chance of getting a little healing? I'm feeling a little sore."

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Mathetais rushes to Gaspar and says, "Repeat after me, exactly ..."

(In Orcish)

"Leave that sack of slug droppings to me ... go find the blasted ogers and meet me out front!"

6. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gaspar repeats exactly what Mathetais tells him to say in orchish. "Leave that sack of slug droppings to me ... go find the blasted ogers and meet me out front!"

7. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

"All right Sir, we will assemble the troops. I hear that the Sergeants have the Orcs out searching the ruins for someone who set the dark ones house on fire. We will meet you out front with the brutes."

OoC: I had Avarahtar roll a bluff check for gaspar to succeed. He rolled a 19. Also, Serena is out of spells, I think that she and Mathetais have scrolls though. I will post the results of the search tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited October 20, 2001).]

8. ooc: how many spells do I have left? I have lost count the last three sessions.

ic: Iris whispers, not daring to speak any louder because of the ogres, "Nice job Mathetais and Gaspar. What will we do now that we have left them to wait stupidly at the gates?"

9. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

OoC: By the way, I still have one CLW, Baldak :p And after I’m through healing the others, I’m going to have four
    scrolls left.

IC: Serena sighs and pulls out her scrolls. She casts one healing scroll on each Gaspar, Mathetais, and Nimbul.
    “There, all better now!” she whispers rolling her eyes. “ You need to be more careful- I’m running out of spells!”
    She listens as the ogres leave, “So any idea of what we are going to do now?”

OoC: sorry I wasn’t there last time, I was studying for a math test I had the next day. I’m also sorry I haven’t posted
    in a while- I’m so busy!

(Gaspar - heal 5 hp, Nimbul - heal 9 hp, and Mathetais - heal 5 hp)

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited October 22, 2001).]

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] "The plan .... well, I knew we needed a few moments to get our brains together (and get some healing!) so our bluff bought us that at least. Now we have a tough descision to make.

"I wish we could over power the remaining orogs & ogers, and then face down the drow ... however with no time to rest I don't think that is an option.

"We could search the house quickly and the flee, becoming invisible again.

"I do wish there were a way to listen in on the drow, but with this orog dead, they will be on alert ...."

11. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"I think we should search as much of this house as we can before doing as Mathetais suggested. The wand still has many charges and seemed to work effectivly the first time." Kitiara glances at Nimbul "I do however think we should stick together this time"

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] "I was doing just fine, until you started banging down doors! Plus, we got their leader...at least. The question now is...What do we do now?"

"the soldiers are in the city, and the captains are going out to the courtyard. We should search the rest of this castle, find out what we can...But we should also get some rest...Our next fight will probably be rough!"

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] "I agree that we should search the castle as thoroughly as possible, but time will be short. These orogs won't wait for their leader forever ...."

ooc- I might be a little late tonight, but I agree with this strategy. Search the castle, maybe try to find somewhere to rest, then ventur out invisibly to eavsedrop on the drow.

14. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

After the Orog left to carry out his duty, Nimbul began searching the room for stuff, and came across a chest, stashed under the bed. He opened the chest with the set of keys he found on the Orog Chieftains body. Inside was 600 Gold pieces and a gem. The Orog himself was wearing a ring. He also had a Great Sword and Full Plate Armor. The Room was scattered with Furs of all sorts, including a striking one from a white tiger. Iris identified several of the magic Items that they had found, the ring, Gaspar’s Axe, and Nimbul’s Short Sword and Short Bow. At this point there was a knock at the door, and an Orog, said, in Orc, that the captains and lieutenants were assembled and awaiting orders. Mathetais told Gaspar to say “Reassemble the troops from the ruins.” At this the Orog said, “As you wish sire”, and departed.

The party then followed the Orogs after several minutes had passed. They entered the gate towers, and closed the large doors, and portcullis, disabling the devices used to raise and balance them. The two remaining orc guards atop the towers, descended to see what was going on and were cut down. Deciding to re-enter the main building, the party decided to search it for another exit, as they were cut off, having locked themselves inside the castle. So far they have discovered several offices and a trophy room. the searches of the offices yielded a large map of the area of the Silver Marches, marked up with arrows and such, some blank parchment, a pen, and ink, and a scroll case with some letters inside.

Each party member received 50 XP.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Not that I'm saying that we're in trouble or anything, but I have a sinking feeling that if we don't find an "alternative exit" it is going to get really bloody really quickly.

OOC - Bel, would it be possible to scan your map and e-mail it out to the rest of us??? Please :angel: :grin: (Need a begging smiley here)

16. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Here is a Map that you can All use. See it on My Site. This is where inside the main building that you have been. Keilsor Castle Main Bldg.http://people.ne.mediaone.net/frankmarianne

You are currently in the room next to the Orog Chieftains Room.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited October 27, 2001).]

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

ooc: I might be the only one to notice this but our session falls on Halloween :(

Meaning i have two kids that will kill me if i dont take them trick or treating. I will have to miss the next session *sob* if there is any way we can move it Baldak :beg:

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] I'm with Kitty ... (not literally ;) )

If we can move it I'd appreciate it. This will be my wee-one's first time out, and she is going to be the cutest spook on the block :grin:

19. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

OK, I understand about the child thing and haloween, I will be going out with my own children, we are dressing up as a "Family of Wizards" by the way. I am going to try and get Thursday off, so we may be able to play then. Plan on a session at 9PM this Thursday.

PS: Kit, if I send you a Picture, it will be one of us dressed up.

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Just an FYI...I have class Thursday nights until 10pm EST...So I'll be a little late. Please don't blow me up...Or splat me against the ceiling (Avarahtar)! Note to self...Spend a few points on the climbing skill....:grin: :spin: :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.